Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 58

Thread: Jamie Mackie

  1. #31

    Default

    This sums our club up. Mackie is not deserving of a new contract. He is not a fans favourite. Just because he beats his chest and throws his hands up in there to the Q Block does not make him a good footballer. He scored one goal this season and made probably 2 assists! Players like him will see us get relegated next season. We should have serious ambitions about going for top 6 next season. By signing him shows this club want the same as this year. He is a poor excuse of a footballer. He did a job the year we came up 5 years ago, but now he is just rubbish...end of! Non-league player at best.
    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

  2. #32

    Default

    Originally Posted by Timmy the Doc
    Now we have two big fan favourites: Ollie and Mackie. This club has zero ambition atm.
    You forgot our captain leader legend he's a real fan favourite

  3. Default

    Originally Posted by Northolt_Rs
    [/B]
    Like our manager.....
    And our DOF...

  4. Default

    Originally Posted by HammersmithR
    This sums our club up. Mackie is not deserving of a new contract. He is not a fans favourite. Just because he beats his chest and throws his hands up in there to the Q Block does not make him a good footballer. He scored one goal this season and made probably 2 assists! Players like him will see us get relegated next season. We should have serious ambitions about going for top 6 next season. By signing him shows this club want the same as this year. He is a poor excuse of a footballer. He did a job the year we came up 5 years ago, but now he is just rubbish...end of! Non-league player at best.
    Come off the fence mate and tell us what you really think...

  5. #35

    Default

    And Reece Cox gets another year. Think we all know what way next season is going.

  6. #36

    Default

    Originally Posted by Northolt_Rs
    Come off the fence mate and tell us what you really think...
    That literally made me lol irl hahahahahaha

  7. Default

    Corrrrrrr there are some Harsh HARSH judges on this board.

    Calm down, we could do a lot worse than Mackie. Obviously the team is not going to be built around him next season so I think some need to stop getting their knickers in a twist over it.

    He'll purely be there as a squad player to help the younger players and add some experience. If any of our younger lads want to know what the club means, how to prepare for big games, and how to be a model pro for this club - just look at Jamie Mackie.

    Half the talent of most in his career but what a pro! Hope we keep him on after next season as well, doesn't have to be in a playing role.

  8. #38

    Default

    Crap signing.

  9. Default

    Originally Posted by West London is Rss
    Corrrrrrr there are some Harsh HARSH judges on this board.

    Calm down, we could do a lot worse than Mackie. Obviously the team is not going to be built around him next season so I think some need to stop getting their knickers in a twist over it.

    He'll purely be there as a squad player to help the younger players and add some experience. If any of our younger lads want to know what the club means, how to prepare for big games, and how to be a model pro for this club - just look at Jamie Mackie.

    Half the talent of most in his career but what a pro! Hope we keep him on after next season as well, doesn't have to be in a playing role.
    Pretty much this. Can start occasionally and come off bench. Don't expect him to do much but there again doubt we are paying him much and will be good potentially for younger players coming through.

  10. Default

    Originally Posted by knocker
    And Reece Cox gets another year. Think we all know what way next season is going.
    A youngster getting a years extension to see if he makes any kind of progress? Yeah, alarm bells are ringing over that happening...

  11. Default

    I watched the Sheff Weds V Huddersfield game the other night.

    Huddersfield are light years ahead of us in the way they play and the players they have recruited (albeit some are loans).

    I would be surprised if any of those Huddersfield players earn more than Mackie (this year or next)

    I have absolutely nothing against Mackie personally but he is just not good enough to play in the Championship.

    Ultimately I think the re-signing of Mackie just shows the incompetence and laziness of our management team.

  12. Default

    Originally Posted by Norths
    A youngster getting a years extension to see if he makes any kind of progress? Yeah, alarm bells are ringing over that happening...
    Think issue with this one is he made his debut a few years back and has done naff all since. If he was going to progress should have done so by now, particularly given how relatively poor we have been and shortage of attacking options.

  13. #43

    Default

    Originally Posted by FurtiveFox
    Think issue with this one is he made his debut a few years back and has done naff all since. If he was going to progress should have done so by now, particularly given how relatively poor we have been and shortage of attacking options.
    Yeah coz les ferdinand, alan shearer, gary linekar, riyad mahrez, gareth bale, costa, drogba, henry and jamie vardy among others inmediatly lit up the world with their dazzling skills from the moment they debuted

  14. Default

    Originally Posted by corbray
    Yeah coz les ferdinand, alan shearer, gary linekar, riyad mahrez, gareth bale, costa, drogba, henry and jamie vardy among others inmediatly lit up the world with their dazzling skills from the moment they debuted
    This is someone who has been with us a number of years, not been playing non-league waiting to be discovered. Be happy to be proved wrong. Would love to see some of our first team regulars having come through the ranks. As opposed to just being mainly rank!

    If he's good at beating his chest and badge kissing he should get some game time.

  15. Default

    Originally Posted by FurtiveFox
    Think issue with this one is he made his debut a few years back and has done naff all since. If he was going to progress should have done so by now, particularly given how relatively poor we have been and shortage of attacking options.
    Let's be fair, he was thrown in at the deep end in the premiership before he was ready. Bit like furlong. Thought he looked ok though. Pretty sure he has had a few injuries since. No problem with a years extension.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •