No announcement yet.

Jamie Mackie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i hope mackie never reads this board , he's signed now get behind him .

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
      i hope mackie never reads this board , he's signed now get behind him .
      He posts under the name "Pinkie"

Comment

He can play at RB as well. Not saying he should be our first Choice, but anyway.
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
          This is someone who has been with us a number of years, not been playing non-league waiting to be discovered. Be happy to be proved wrong. Would love to see some of our first team regulars having come through the ranks. As opposed to just being mainly rank!

If he's good at beating his chest and badge kissing he should get some game time.
          Something i can really get behind!!!

In all seriousness its ludicrous to get flustered over a potential good player signing a new contract especially when our new philosophy is to nurture players into first teamers. Nothing to lose with RGC and everything to gain, he really bounced back for the u23s after his injury too

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
            Something i can really get behind!!!

In all seriousness its ludicrous to get flustered over a potential good player signing a new contract especially when our new philosophy is to nurture players into first teamers. Nothing to lose with RGC and everything to gain, he really bounced back for the u23s after his injury too
            Would love to see RGC make it but would be surprised if he can make a career for himself as a pro footballer. Ya never know though....Harry Kane scoring 4 last night made me think back to a few threads on here where people wanted Tom Hitchcock over Kane. Hitchcock is at Boreham Wood now.

Comment

Best news is that Darnell is released.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
                Let's be fair, he was thrown in at the deep end in the premiership before he was ready. Bit like furlong. Thought he looked ok though. Pretty sure he has had a few injuries since. No problem with a years extension.
                Spot on.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                  Really?
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Darnell Goather-Braithwaite
                    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                      Huh?

Comment

Originally posted by spogs View Post
                        I watched the Sheff Weds V Huddersfield game the other night.

Huddersfield are light years ahead of us in the way they play and the players they have recruited (albeit some are loans).

I would be surprised if any of those Huddersfield players earn more than Mackie (this year or next)

I have absolutely nothing against Mackie personally but he is just not good enough to play in the Championship.

Ultimately I think the re-signing of Mackie just shows the incompetence and laziness of our management team.
                        Bang on.

Comment

As has been said before , hes not going to start every week and hes great to have around the dressing room to stear the young players in the right direction , brilliant attitude ect Definately worth a one year contract inmo
                          Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Signing Mackie on a 1 year deal is a no brained for me, especially on reduced wages that suit us.

It has been made clear to us we don't have much money to spend which means we will be working with a very similar squad from last year and we need players like Mackie that can play the odd 10-15 games and come off the bench here and there.

Mackie coming on for the last 15-20 minutes in games we need a grafter to chase down defenders and track back is quite a useful player to have.

I think this signing just highlights where we are in terms of ambition right now in terms of financial power and where the club expect to be this time next year. What ever noises the club make about a play off push this year we are geared up right now to be a mid table champ club imo. With some good luck and a couple of shrewd signings we could potentially go from a mid table club to a team that flirts with the play offs. On the flip side with some bad luck and a couple of bad signings we could easily get pulled into a relagation fight. It's going to be a tough summer in the transfer market for us and some of our biggest signing might just be the rentention of current players.
                            Last edited by maidstone_hoop; 20-05-2017, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X