Jamie Mackie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamie Mackie

Just signed a 1 year contract extension.

Full press release:

MACKIE AGREES ONE-YEAR EXTENSION

Fans’ favourite put pen to paper on new deal until summer of 2018

JAMIE Mackie has signed a one-year extension at QPR.

The 31-year- old attacker, whose current deal was due to expire at the end of June, has agreed a new contract

until the summer of 2018.

After a productive first spell in the Blue and White Hoops between 2010-2013 that saw the Scotland

international score 18 goals in 94 appearances in all competitions, Mackie returned to W12 for his second spell

in 2015.

Since then, despite injuries playing their part, he’s made a further 19 starts and 16 substitute appearances,

scoring twice, including the winner against Championship Play-Off finalists Reading in our 1-0 win at the

Madejski Stadium in January.

Now the R’s fans’ favourite is relishing the opportunity to continue his love-affair at the place he calls home,

telling#www.qpr.co.uk: “I’m buzzing that the deal is signed and my future is sorted.

“Everyone knows how I feel about QPR and when the opportunity came up to extend my stay here, it was a no-

brainer for me.

“The last two years have been frustrating for me with the injuries, but I’m delighted the manager can see what I

can bring by offering me this new deal.

“I just want to make sure I have a good pre-season, which I’m sure I will do under the gaffer, and really push on

next season.

“We know last year wasn’t anywhere near good enough but that’s behind us now and we’re looking to the

future.”

Comment

I tried avoiding all the spin and ########.

Comment

this thread is gunna be violently assaulted by the end of the night, RIP jamie mackie thread, sleep well ... sweet thread ...

Comment

i am sure everyone is going to say, as long as he is a squad player i am fine with it. But i look at it as just a waste of space on the roster. the guy is not good enough, will be injured minimum half the season. So why sign him? because the fans want him? there is so much wrong with this club, and this signing personifies it perfectly.

we will do no better next year
          Strike First, Strike Hard, Show no Mercy

Comment

Great news

Hopefully has an injury free season and plays an important role

Comment

For me, this is a clear indication for me of where our benchmark is for the coming season.

Yes, he will be a squad player and yes, he will give it his all when called upon. But the guy is really not much use at this level anymore, even when he is fit (which is 50% of the time at best).

Make no mistake, if we'd let him go there wouldn't have been too many in this division rushing to give him a contract.

Comment

Been injured half the time he's been here yet gets a new contract. Baffling. Oh yeah forgot he's got pashuuuuuun

Comment

Originally posted by mkoss22 View Post
                  i am sure everyone is going to say, as long as he is a squad player i am fine with it. But i look at it as just a waste of space on the roster. the guy is not good enough, will be injured minimum half the season. So why sign him? because the fans want him? there is so much wrong with this club, and this signing personifies it perfectly.

we will do no better next year
                  There might be stuff wrong with the club but I don't see how this personifies it perfectly at all. Get a grip!

Comment

Clubs and we need players like Mackie around the place, especially the period we are going through now. We let go of Hill and Faurlin too easily.

Have no doubt he will be used sparingly but he's great for the younger players and atmosphere around the club.

Comment

so he did accept a 1 year deal then...

Comment

Was always going sign. Don't see the problem

Comment

I'm happy with this however I am also surprised, I can only guess that he signed a deal on less money
                          Under Les Ferdinand:
                          Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                          Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                          Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                          Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                          And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Fans favourite? He's not a favourite of mine.

Can get head round him being squad and impact player but if he's seen as a first eleven player from the off were in for a long old season

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                              Fans favourite? He's not a favourite of mine.

Can get head round him being squad and impact player but if he's seen as a first eleven player from the off were in for a long old season
                              Has definitely been a fans favourite down the years.

Comment

Working...
                              X