Les Ferdinand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    Great shout about battles. CB were hard back then those you mention throw in McGrath Des Walker Tony Adams

What were people's views on Terry Fenwick
    Fenwick good player good captain too

Steve wicks hard as nails proper defender!

Danny maddix didn't he clash with hard as nails robson and robbo ended up swallowing his tongue

And finally nutter mark Dennis he made stuart pearce look like dame edna proper maniac!

Comment

Was a fantastic striker no doubt about that but he's fast erasing all the good he done with the sh1t job he's doing as DoF

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
        Fenwick good player good captain too

Steve wicks hard as nails proper defender!

Danny maddix didn't he clash with hard as nails robson and robbo ended up swallowing his tongue

And finally nutter mark Dennis he made stuart pearce look like dame edna proper maniac!
        Fenwick and macca were both hard as nails, proper old school and Maddix on his day would mark anyone out of the game

As for mark Dennis he was a lunatic in the tackle but Stuart Pearce would eat him for dinner make no mistake about it

Comment

Sir Les was a mountain, top top striker for us and others he played for. You always felt confident we'd win when he played, one of the strongest strikers we have had in my 44 years of supporting the hoops
          I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Les was an unbelievable striker, but i Clive Allen will always be my favourite Rangers striker.
            Don't know why, just seemed that Clive scored more memorable goals to my memory. Saying that Les did score lots of beauties as well.
            Clive for me though.

Comment

us old gits harp on about the 70's team but that early 90's side was a bit special too. Remember when Les started getting into the side, against Southampton he was awesome. The Saints team were shocked at what they were up against. I was just speechless at his speed, power and ability to hang in the air
              I must away now, I can no longer tarry
              This morning's tempest I have to cross
              I must be guided without a stumble
              Into the arms I love the most

Comment

on the subject of hanging in the air , remember Paul Parker , he was tiny ,but got up so high and seemed to hang in the air for ages ?
                Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Clive Allen certainly knew the back of the net ,as did Gary Bannister ( although at the time i preferred John Byrne ,because his goals always seemed more skillful and his mullett was better ! ) but for out and out goal scoring Les was the man ,best ive ever seen in the blue and white hoops

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                    Clive Allen certainly knew the back of the net ,as did Gary Bannister ( although at the time i preferred John Byrne ,because his goals always seemed more skillful and his mullett was better ! ) but for out and out goal scoring Les was the man ,best ive ever seen in the blue and white hoops
                    Don't think your dad would agree mate , he must have told of Stanley Rodney and Tony curry Les wouldn't have lived with them

Comment

Originally posted by hooploft View Post
                      Don't think your dad would agree mate , he must have told of Stanley Rodney and Tony curry Les wouldn't have lived with them
                      Is that really true though hoop?
                      Were they all better than Les or Clive, or is it just that everything looked better and more romantic in black and white in the good old days?

Comment

My old man ,god rest hes soul ,would bang on about Stan and Rodney ,but they were just before my time .I got to see Tony Curry though , but missed out on Stan and Rodney ,gutted ...

Comment

Disagree les was the most complete striker had it all, tell me a weakness so no sorry going for sir les.
                          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                            Disagree les was the most complete striker had it all, tell me a weakness so no sorry going for sir les.
                            Very very one footed he was still good but those three I mentioned were great players

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post

Lakaku only player who resembles him in my opinion in current game

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                                Is that really true though hoop?
                                Were they all better than Les or Clive, or is it just that everything looked better and more romantic in black and white in the good old days?
                                Nah not a bit Mac they they could do things with a ball that got the crowd out of their seats while being kicked all over the I saw Stanley getting kicks stomach high by the scums Harris and still run him ragged , nah not a case of looking back through rose tints in the slightest

Comment

Working...
                                X