Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 24 of 24

Thread: Club Valuation & buy out

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    6,296
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Originally Posted by maidstone_hoop
    Aren't we something like 259 million pounds in debt? Even with the assets we own I imagine our value with the present state of the club is nothing significant due to the debt that would be inherited.
    Not accurate that, I don't think.

    That may be the figure that the current regime have pi$$ed up a wall, but they have been good enough to write most of it off or "convert it into equity" as they worded it. Not really sure how that works cos you'd have trouble justifying that the club is worth the amount of money that was converted. What is pretty certain is the club doesn't owe anything significant to anyone. The shareholders have clearly invested way more money into the club than they are ever likely to see back. All this means is they will take a huge hit when they move on and sell the club.
    Co-Founder of the Dubai R's
    Follow me on Twitter @Tarbie82

  2. #17

    Default

    Originally Posted by Tarbie
    Not accurate that, I don't think.

    That may be the figure that the current regime have pi$$ed up a wall, but they have been good enough to write most of it off or "convert it into equity" as they worded it. Not really sure how that works cos you'd have trouble justifying that the club is worth the amount of money that was converted. What is pretty certain is the club doesn't owe anything significant to anyone. The shareholders have clearly invested way more money into the club than they are ever likely to see back. All this means is they will take a huge hit when they move on and sell the club.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/ma...-a7523761.html - I can't pretend that I understand the ins and out of it all but this was published a couple of months back.

  3. Default

    Originally Posted by maidstone_hoop
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/ma...-a7523761.html - I can't pretend that I understand the ins and out of it all but this was published a couple of months back.

    Those figures can't be right as the owners capitalised the majority of their debt - ie they converted it into shares - which are not part of any net debt calculation.

  4. #19

    Default

    Originally Posted by maidstone_hoop
    Aren't we something like 259 million pounds in debt?
    No, nothing like it.

    We've been told countless times by Lee Hoos at several meetings and forums that the debt has been paid off.

    Really don't understand why this question keeps rearing its head.

  5. #20

    Default

    Originally Posted by Stanley
    No, nothing like it.

    We've been told countless times by Lee Hoos at several meetings and forums that the debt has been paid off.

    Really don't understand why this question keeps rearing its head.
    That's good to know Stanley. I wasn't actually aware the debt had been written off.

  6. #21

    Default

    Originally Posted by maidstone_hoop
    That's good to know Stanley. I wasn't actually aware the debt had been written off.
    As Mush says above Maids, the debt was converted into equity shares about a year ago.

  7. Default

    Originally Posted by Stanley
    As Mush says above Maids, the debt was converted into equity shares about a year ago.
    Newspapers don't really do numbers well do they...

  8. #23

    Default

    Originally Posted by Stanley
    As Mush says above Maids, the debt was converted into equity shares about a year ago.
    Happy days...time to get the checque book out again then

  9. Default

    So we're looking at 50m to pick up a loss making business, assuming they'd take that now the party's over.
    This I suspect is close to the bottom line. They've already written off fortunes. Essentially there's the Mittal stake and the Air Asia stake. Always assuming such a deal could be funded - the biggest if in history - there is the possibility that you could buy out the majority holding only. Then again I'm amazed the Mittal's have stayed in this long.......

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •