Big up ollie for the new season.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blind faith I'm afraid chaps!!

I expect another inconsistent, erratic and underwhelming season.

I base this on what I've seen this season decision wise from Ollie, tactically, line ups, after match comments, our squad and his past few years in management, and lack of.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
      Whilst I take your point, losing 7 out of your last 8 games is simply not good enough and you must understand why some fans are disgruntled, along with some rather silly comments in the media. Football fans are a fickle lot and if he gets a series of wins under his belt then he will be supported BUT he has created this pressure,with 2 appalling runs. If the side don't hit the season running then they will turn on him and rightly so. To sell out at Norwich after 6 defeats in 7 was outstanding and the fans deserve better than was being given and Olly is responsible. That's not moaning that is fact and it's up to him to turn it around now, this is his last chance.

I assume you went to Norwich too. My mates all Norwich fans and season ticket holders they reckon we were the worst team to play there, yeah I gave it nothing to play for but i was seething at the lack of effort shown. I copped it of my Mrs who's a canary and in her words it should of been 7 and that may of been better for you. Summed it up really

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
        we are the realists Stan!

none of this pictures of rainbows and fluffy clouds.

we have a tv pundit manager who is 10 years behind the times.

league 1 standard at best.
        Thing is Hits he's here for at least the start of next season, so we may as well back him now.

What I really don't want to see is him being replaced once the season's begun, as it will finally prove that the board don't learnt from their past identical mistakes of sacking managers mid-season. TF has done this with every one of his managers and it always fails.

I'd have more respect for him if for once he kept a manager for a pre-season + a full season. But if he does exactly the same with Ollie then my patience will finally expire with him.

Comment

The TF party is over. Ollie is just another symptom of a deeper malaise.

Regime change desperately needed from the top down.

Comment

[QUOTE=Tarbie;1626111]Hold on Pinks. It was only a few months back you busy telling me what a "progressive" and forward thinking a manager Ollie is. Now you're telling me that football ain't moved on in the Championship.

So which is it? Do we have a progressive manager, or do we have one that's suited to this obviously backward league?!![/

Tarbs, yes ollies a progressive manager but hasnt always got it right & when he did he decided to change things thinking we were safe! big mistake, as for this league its not moved on apart from a select few teams spending big, apart from that the qualities rubbish in general as ive already just said! so anyone that keeps coming out with this footballs moved on rubbish
            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
              Cant wait for next season tbh, this season has been terrible for the most part pre and post ollie. Theres been highs under him though like our good run under him when most of this forum all supported him (i think thats when pinks changed his name to ollie ). Now though its the same old stuff just moan after moan after moan about the only manager we've had since colin that actually cares about us and had us playing some real nice football for a while, i'd say that we've played good more often than not and a few of the games we drew/lost we deserved to win but didnt due to bad ref decisions!!

I cant wait to see what ollie does with the team next season, who he brings in and how we play as itll be a marked difference from our final games this season imo and then i pray to god that pinks books an entire day off work to spam the forum with i told you so threads

Good post corbs & yet youll still get the question "just tell me one good thing hes done lol!" onwards & upwards and boy im going to drag some of these threads up and get moaned at when we`re doing ok, and expect told you soo`s if we are in the bottom 3 aswell

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                I would sink my nuts into Linda Lusardi I can't lie

same here westy

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                  Whilst I take your point, losing 7 out of your last 8 games is simply not good enough and you must understand why some fans are disgruntled, along with some rather silly comments in the media. Football fans are a fickle lot and if he gets a series of wins under his belt then he will be supported BUT he has created this pressure,with 2 appalling runs. If the side don't hit the season running then they will turn on him and rightly so. To sell out at Norwich after 6 defeats in 7 was outstanding and the fans deserve better than was being given and Olly is responsible. That's not moaning that is fact and it's up to him to turn it around now, this is his last chance.
                  I agree that its terrible form and i'm disgruntled too, whilst i'm fine with experimenting in the final few games i didn't expect it to be that rash to the point that manning ended up playing four positions in one game along with the constant changes throughout a game, it just seemed like copping out and felt like a game of fm17 when you're 2-0 down and trying anything to claw back, it doesnt work and confuses the players. Heck, after some games were we played particularly bad i wanted to throttle holloway and all the players one after the other but after sleeping on it and calming down i take into account that ollie had gotten us to play better than any other manager for years and with the right signings and formation (which we'll sort out over preseason imo) he'll have us playing well again.
                  I dont think we're in a position to revamp managers and teams again, we have to give ollie some time as afterall, what manager would actually want to come to a club with a pretty toxic atmosphere along with the knowledge that theres years of work ahead and little money to spend, not one would, i wouldnt thats for sure and im stupid enough to pay a small fortune for my season ticket and travel haha!!

Time and backing is what ollie and the club needs to take us forward, we've never been a top club throughout our entire history aside from some great golden years abd we never will be sadly but we can be a good club that plays good football and produces good players, we couldnt ask for more imo!!

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
                    I assume you went to Norwich too. My mates all Norwich fans and season ticket holders they reckon we were the worst team to play there, yeah I gave it nothing to play for but i was seething at the lack of effort shown. I copped it of my Mrs who's a canary and in her words it should of been 7 and that may of been better for you. Summed it up really
                    Copped it off your Mrs ?? I trust you ironed her and half ya mates out as any true Rangers man would. As for Olly I'm with him all the way, well 10 games. Not a great end to the season but feel it will get better. Patience is a virtue, the 45 year plan is well on target.
                    Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Lusardis bristols were rotten , have a closer inspection lads spotty nipples. Whittaker and fox run the show circa 87. The sun and these Kleenex please mr Patel.

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                        Patience is a virtue, the 45 year plan is well on target.
                        Haha brilliant Van

Comment

Copped it off your Mrs ?? I trust you ironed her and half ya mates out as any true Rangers man would. As for Olly I'm with him all the way, well 10 games. Not a great end to the season but feel it will get better. Patience is a virtue, the 45 year plan is well on target.
                          Legendary really hope we keep the working class rangers fan because youre exactly the man I'd want to have a few beers with
                          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I got an Email alert mentioning a positive thread had popped up on here! Where did it go?

Agree with Stan, give him a season, we've tried the mid season change out too often.

Van; I would have to go with Erica Roe of Twickers fame.
                            Happy daze.
                            Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                            Work Best When Open...
                            @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                              I got an Email alert mentioning a positive thread had popped up on here! Where did it go?

Agree with Stan, give him a season, we've tried the mid season change out too often.

Van; I would have to go with Erica Roe of Twickers fame.
                              Happy daze.
                              I salute you fraggy , ericas bristols was a stand out moment in my life and agree a very popular pair !

Comment

I salute you fraggy , ericas bristols was a stand out moment in my life and agree a very popular pair !
                                I'm not ashamed to admit it, but I did YouTube that wonderful event last year, as I wanted to make sure that they were as wondrous as I remembered as a teenager, and that I hadnt let the elapsed time big them up in my memory.
                                I am happy to report back that the search did confirm that at least one of my teenage memorys is still fairly accurate
                                Talking of wondrous, wasn't this thread about supporting Ollie?
                                Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                                Work Best When Open...
                                @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Working...
                                X