Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FFP Dispute Expected To Be Sorted Within Two Weeks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The whole system is completely flawed, no one can tell me that any side promoted, along the lines of Watford, Leicester, Hull etc, not the Geordies though, didn't break the rules. Watford broke the loans rule completely and forced the loans laws to be further changed because of it. All this law does is keep the smaller clubs small and in turn this allows the bigger clubs to get bigger and bigger and it will result in a EURO League eventually.

Comment

The problem the EFL have is they are trying to charge us with the legislation that was in place for football league clubs for FFP in the 2013/2014 season. Under those rules we would be facing a significant fine which is indeed somewhere around the 50 million pound mark.
      However it was deemed that the rules in place in 2013/2014 didn't take into account the difficulties clubs relegated from the prem faced in trying to reduce wage bills and release players who were tied into long term contracts based on being a prem club. Since 2013/2014 they have subsequently changed the rules of FFP to be more lenient and understanding to clubs relegated from the prem.

The football league want to charge us under the 2013/2014 legislation due to the big fine we would be expected to pay under the old rules. However my understanding is that the reason we have fought this is that under UK law we should only be charged by the current legislation in place which would reduce the amount we could be fined significantly. If that is the case then I remember reading somewhere that our fine would be between 8-15 mill and we could face a transfer embargo.

Realistically, I imagine this has been settled and we will pay around 10 mill and possibly have a embargo put in place for Jan'18 and possibly the following summer window.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
        Realistically, I imagine this has been settled and we will pay around 10 mill and possibly have a embargo put in place for Jan'18 and possibly the following summer window.

I'm not convinced any deal has been made if it's going to a court of arbitration and in front of 3 QC's !
        The article says previous rumours of a deal being reach were not true.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post
          I'm not convinced any deal has been made if it's going to a court of arbitration and in front of 3 QC's !
          The article says previous rumours of a deal being reach were not true.
          Your probably right then mate. I didn't read the article.

However if it's going to the court of arbitration then id be confident we will come get a more positive outcome then then 50 mill fine the league are after and we will indeed have to pay a fine related to the rules that are now in play for FFP against clubs relegated from the prem.

Under the new rules the fine will be reduced to 15 mill tops.

Comment

I hope your right, but would hope for much less a fine or it even be thrown out as an unfit and unachievable ruling.

We've never really spent the Sterling 20% bonus (£10m) so, hopefully, the Club are holding that back in the event of FFP going against us.

Comment

Irrelevant whilst they stay in the Premier League. They would likely breach the old EFL FFP if they had been relegated like us though.

And I'm sure (Scottish) Rangers were relegated for Financial abuse or irregularities, not for failing FFP (if Scotland have FFP ?)
              No, they straight up went out of business. They then reformed as a new-co and started again from the bottom of the Scottish Football League.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                No, they straight up went out of business. They then reformed as a new-co and started again from the bottom of the Scottish Football League.

Fair enough, obviously I give very little time to Scottish football.
                (Actually, I was hoping they & the Welsh would gain Independence so we wouldn't have to listen to their football results on Soccer Saturday or Final Score.)

Comment

That's why we can now lose £80m+ over 3 seasons, instead of £8m in 1 season.
                  In fairness, we managed to lose money at a faster rate than that.

Just where on earth would you learn how to make such disastrous financial decisions?

image.jpeg

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                    How we're even in this position is a joke.
                    Is this directed at the 'board' because, realistically, it is a joke that we are even talking about it. The whole FFP set-up was poorly implemented and its wrong all round.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
                      Is this directed at the 'board' because, realistically, it is a joke that we are even talking about it. The whole FFP set-up was poorly implemented and its wrong all round.
                      Yep, directed at our board and owners

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                        Yep, directed at our board and owners
                        Really? I cant think of ANYONE who was saying 'Please dont be ambitious and spend money on players' nor did they purposely choose some bad routes in doing so. Secondly, other Prem club is spanking the cash now and was even then.

Its a load of b0ll0cks!!

The club are reprimanded by fans for not spending, then the same when we did..

Comment

Irrelevant whilst they stay in the Premier League. They would likely breach the old EFL FFP if they had been relegated like us though.

And I'm sure (Scottish) Rangers were relegated for Financial abuse or irregularities, not for failing FFP (if Scotland have FFP ?)
                          Irrelevant because the PL are protected from FFP but the point stands that they make losses (am pretty sure it is at least 2 years in a row) yet are fine to continue spending to win the league.

Absolute mockery.

Comment

Will this be the final final outcome in 2 weeks with no further appeals if it's a heavy fine?

Comment

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
                              Will this be the final final outcome in 2 weeks with no further appeals if it's a heavy fine?

Probably not.

Comment

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
                                Depends if it suits both parties I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X