Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FFP Dispute Expected To Be Sorted Within Two Weeks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFP Dispute Expected To Be Sorted Within Two Weeks.

Wonder if this will mean any more funds for new players?

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/f...nally-resolved

Cant see the how they can fine us tbh, its a joke.
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

How we're even in this position is a joke.

Comment

I might be naive but i do think Unc has been holding back because of this, hopefully when its all done and dusted he might start parting again for three or four team transformation players,

Comment

£69.8m loss in 2013/14 season.........and the league's response is to fine the club more money.

I get what FFP is trying to achieve but I really don't see how the answer is to drop a hefty fine on a club that has clearly been very badly mismanaged financially in the first place. Surely they realise that it is the fans that suffer at the end of the day. Yeah, it would be a tough pill for our billionaire owners to swallow, but for the fans (who have done nothing wrong), it could mean years of watching sh*t football in the lower leagues!

Hopefully there is a sensible outcome coming on this.

Comment

Really bored with all this "fair play" ######## , can't believe it's still ongoing !

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
              £69.8m loss in 2013/14 season.........and the league's response is to fine the club more money.

I get what FFP is trying to achieve but I really don't see how the answer is to drop a hefty fine on a club that has clearly been very badly mismanaged financially in the first place. Surely they realise that it is the fans that suffer at the end of the day. Yeah, it would be a tough pill for our billionaire owners to swallow, but for the fans (who have done nothing wrong), it could mean years of watching sh*t football in the lower leagues!

I agree tarbs, they ought to just make sure if owners get the clubs into big debt its not the clubs but the owners who have to pay it!
              http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                I agree tarbs, they ought to just make sure if owners get the clubs into big debt its not the clubs but the owners who have to pay it!
                I actually think if you're trying to address the issue of clubs living beyond their means then the answer is to look at salary capping, as well the part that agents play in influencing players salaries.

It's a difficult thing to introduce fairly of course, and you'd obviously have the same issue we have right now where the elite clubs who are in the Champions League operate with a completely different set of rules to the rest. But there is no denying that the root cause of all of footballs financial problems are inflated players salaries and the inevitable greedy agents that come along with it.
                Last edited by Tarbie; 17-05-2017, 12:01 PM.

Comment

But there is no denying that the root cause of all of footballs financial problems are inflated players salaries and the inevitable greedy agents that come along with it.
                  You could say the problem is with the clubs. They have full control of whether they pay theses type of wages or not. Outside the Prem, they can put their foot down more easier.

Comment

Its silly aint it. I always thought it'd make more sense to just fine the clubs owners rather than the club tbh. Itd make owners be a bit more careful knowing their money is on the line

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post
                      You could say the problem is with the clubs. They have full control of whether they pay theses type of wages or not. Outside the Prem, they can put their foot down more easier.
                      The problem is player expectations though, isn't it?

I read a report the other day that gave a figure for what Zlatan Ibrahimovic has earned for his one year at Man Utd. It was just shy of 20m quid. that's over 350 grand a week. Now I appreciate that Zlatan is one of the best in the world and came with no transfer fee, but still, it's such a huge amount of money. And if the players at the very top can earn that, then why shouldn't Joey Barton or Junior Hoilett ask for 60 or 70 grand a week?

The whole model is broken. And until the game as a whole stands up to players and these quite frankly ridiculous salaries, clubs will go out of business and fans will have to pay more than they should to watch the game!
                      Last edited by Tarbie; 17-05-2017, 03:18 PM.

Comment

The whole model is broken. And until the game as a whole stands up to players and these quite frankly ridiculous salaries, clubs will go out of business and fans will have to pay more than they should to watch the game!

But no Professional clubs have gone out of business....yet ! Despite Portsmouths best efforts. And until one does, I guess the FL will continue to think they've got it right. FFP rules only benefit the richest clubs. They are almost designed to stop anyone outside the top 6 or 7 from competing on a level playing field financially.
                        Leicester were an exception last year, but guess what, They and Bournemouth are next in line to be dealt with under FFP.
                        We have to take some blame. We didn't insert reduced wage contracts in the event of relegation. Not until we'd been relegated the 1st time. Madness for any club to be so naïve and putting all their faith in staying in the Premiership.
                        The FFP rules were changed whilst we were failing them, because it was agreed by EFL that they were almost impossible to adhere to. That's why we can now lose £80m+ over 3 seasons, instead of £8m in 1 season. Also, we never signed up to them as we were in the Premiership when the EFL got all FL clubs to agree to FFP. But I digress.....

Comment

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post
                          But no Professional clubs have gone out of business....yet ! Despite Portsmouths best efforts. And until one does, I guess the FL will continue to think they've got it right. FFP rules only benefit the richest clubs. They are almost designed to stop anyone outside the top 6 or 7 from competing on a level playing field financially.
                          Leicester were an exception last year, but guess what, They and Bournemouth are next in line to be dealt with under FFP.
                          We have to take some blame. We didn't insert reduced wage contracts in the event of relegation. Not until we'd been relegated the 1st time. Madness for any club to be so naïve and putting all their faith in staying in the Premiership.
                          The FFP rules were changed whilst we were failing them, because it was agreed by EFL that they were almost impossible to adhere to. That's why we can now lose £80m+ over 3 seasons, instead of £8m in 1 season. Also, we never signed up to them as we were in the Premiership when the EFL got all FL clubs to agree to FFP. But I digress.....
                          It's happened North of the border.

Rangers folded 5 years ago and restarted as new-co from the bottom of the Scottish League. All very dodgy in my opinion. It would be like me running up huge debts through my company, closing the company and then starting a new company with the same name, same premises, same staff and same customer base.......but that is what happened.

Comment

FFP is absolute nonsense - Chelsea made a loss of £70m last year yet are fine to continue buying the Premier League year on year...

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                              FFP is absolute nonsense - Chelsea made a loss of £70m last year yet are fine to continue buying the Premier League year on year...

Irrelevant whilst they stay in the Premier League. They would likely breach the old EFL FFP if they had been relegated like us though.

And I'm sure (Scottish) Rangers were relegated for Financial abuse or irregularities, not for failing FFP (if Scotland have FFP ?)

Comment

Working...
                              X