Holloway - Looks like hes Staying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
    Bang on. The trick is turning the theory into something that works well in reality. In my view lots been happening off the pitch and we are one decent managerial appointment from possibly making it work at Loftus Road.
    Can't see it that way mate , if we appointed a good manager could he get Ravel ,JET , Gladstone, to play , could he turn perch into a proper player or some of the rest of dross that has come in under Les's stewardship

Comment

Originally posted by hooploft View Post
      Can't see it that way mate , if we appointed a good manager could he get Ravel ,JET , Gladstone, to play , could he turn perch into a proper player or some of the rest of dross that has come in under Les's stewardship
      Not saying Les has done a perfect job. He was new into it and some things haven't worked. However (and my view only) the only bad appointment (without the benefit of hindsight) was Ollie. Yes the rest didn't work but I would be lying if I said I never wanted them. Could see rationale behind all of them at the time they were appointed apart from Ollie.

Ravel and Jet doubt anyone could get to play. Examples of talent without maturity and drive. Gladwin has struggled to make jump up and Perch blown hot and cold. Agree though a good manager could get a lot more out of this squad but do not see having a DoF stopping us from getting a good manager.

One thing the club has been trying to sort out is our riss poor youth system which over the last 20+ years must be one of the poorest in the top three divisions. That will take years but have to say the fact we are now getting youngsters in or around the first team shows to me progress is being made in the background. If we are going to hammer Les for managerial appointments should get credit for some of that. Early days on yoof but encouraging.

Football like many things has changed and if you can break down the roles that gives people time to do what they need to. That's why to me a DoF makes perfect sense. Takes away a lot of a traditional managers role and allows them more time to manage the team itself.

Guess that's part of my frustration with things currently. I can see club making real efforts at improving things and I like that as longer term will help us but that has to an extent been undermined by a completely daft managerial appointment.

Comment

Not saying Les has done a perfect job. He was new into it and some things haven't worked. However (and my view only) the only bad appointment (without the benefit of hindsight) was Ollie. Yes the rest didn't work but I would be lying if I said I never wanted them. Could see rationale behind all of them at the time they were appointed apart from Ollie.

Ravel and Jet doubt anyone could get to play. Examples of talent without maturity and drive. Gladwin has struggled to make jump up and Perch blown hot and cold. Agree though a good manager could get a lot more out of this squad but do not see having a DoF stopping us from getting a good manager.

One thing the club has been trying to sort out is our riss poor youth system which over the last 20+ years must be one of the poorest in the top three divisions. That will take years but have to say the fact we are now getting youngsters in or around the first team shows to me progress is being made in the background. If we are going to hammer Les for managerial appointments should get credit for some of that. Early days on yoof but encouraging.

Football like many things has changed and if you can break down the roles that gives people time to do what they need to. That's why to me a DoF makes perfect sense. Takes away a lot of a traditional managers role and allows them more time to manage the team itself.

Guess that's part of my frustration with things currently. I can see club making real efforts at improving things and I like that as longer term will help us but that has to an extent been undermined by a completely daft managerial appointment.
        Yeah but my arguement is dof is not position for someone to come in on work expirience and Les has been on that. For the last two and half years , as you say so much needed changing if we wanted to go with that we needed a qualified dof not T F being star struck by a big name ex player ie Les , under Les two and a half years parachute payments have gone while plss poor players have come as well more criminally no home work done some players character background as said JEt and Ravel immediately doing to mind

Comment

Originally posted by hooploft View Post
          Yeah but my arguement is dof is not position for someone to come in on work expirience and Les has been on that. For the last two and half years , as you say so much needed changing if we wanted to go with that we needed a qualified dof not T F being star struck by a big name ex player ie Les , under Les two and a half years parachute payments have gone while plss poor players have come as well more criminally no home work done some players character background as said JEt and Ravel immediately doing to mind
          Yes agree with that. Only issue would have been finding one as they are still rare in this country. Would have meant trying to bring one in from abroad. Les had good coaching reputation at Spurs, looking to make a step up, history with club and talks a sensible game so can see why they appointed him. Parachute payments we were pretty screwed by packages too many of our 'star' players had and they were largely signed under Hughes and 'Arry, both very experienced and respected Premiership managers. Les had one hell of a mess to sort out to be fair to him. We now have building blocks of reasonably good Championship side if we get summer transfer window right, albeit shame about the manager which won't help.

Jet and Ravel both punts and latter on very short term deal. Jet bit like Leon Knight. Ability but too much attitude and self importance. A thin line between that and a maverick.

Comment

Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
            He actually avareages 1.1 point per game giving a final total over a season of 51 so relegation this year would be down to goal difference.

If anyone thinks with the squad we have we should be fighting relegation then you are clearly watching the wrong sport.
            Stolen from rodman.

JFH with 1.25 ppg would get 57.5 points over 46 games, which would have been 16th place this season.

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
              It aint gonna happen Van ,not on here at least , people get bored in the close season , the knives are out and certain people have such a hard on for Ollie its gonna be relentless on here till August
              This with bells on! quite a few wanted him gone before he even got here & then quite a few again wanted him outed after 2 games lol, the same ones keep bleating on and on and on, every post they do always has somewhere in it "a shiiite manager, i didnt want him here!" 50 thousand times every time they post, & doesnt matter what thread they come out with it lol
              http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                This with bells on! quite a few wanted him gone before he even got here & then quite a few again wanted him outed after 2 games lol, the same ones keep bleating on and on and on, every post they do always has somewhere in it "a shiiite manager, i didnt want him here!" 50 thousand times every time they post, & doesnt matter what thread they come out with it lol
                You can obviously never stop to belittle your fellow supporers, can you? ishould imagine that they have their opinions and you have opoinion. On top of that, I think someone are sitting on the fence..Is that so hard for you to understand?
                Last edited by Shania; 20-05-2017, 03:20 PM.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Yes agree with that. Only issue would have been finding one as they are still rare in this country. Would have meant trying to bring one in from abroad. Les had good coaching reputation at Spurs, looking to make a step up, history with club and talks a sensible game so can see why they appointed him. Parachute payments we were pretty screwed by packages too many of our 'star' players had and they were largely signed under Hughes and 'Arry, both very experienced and respected Premiership managers. Les had one hell of a mess to sort out to be fair to him. We now have building blocks of reasonably good Championship side if we get summer transfer window right, albeit shame about the manager which won't help.

Jet and Ravel both punts and latter on very short term deal. Jet bit like Leon Knight. Ability but too much attitude and self importance. A thin line between that and a maverick.
                  Been out so late answer don't you think Warnock would have been a better choice though certainly not as diplomatic as Les , he seems know how to Ballance a team so you'd assume he would know how to Ballance a squad my only problem with Warnock would be give his manager a free enough hand but definitely wouldn't stand for lose 6 win 6 lose 6

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                    You can obviously never stop to belittle your fellow supporers, can you? ishould imagine that they have their opinions and you have opoinion. On top of that, I think someone are sitting on the fence..Is that so hard for you to understand?
                    Whos rattled youre cage shania? ive just put about some who every single posting keep going on and on putting ollie down, as if we havnt got it! is that belittling - no, the majority dont keep going on like a stuck record lol

Comment

And for the record has this not got full of negativity on here or not?! yet you have a dig at me lol!

Comment

I actually think we have too be negative IH has taken a mid table team bought better players and nearly got us relegated if that not terms for negatively then I don't know what .

Yes I hear oh don't worry he turn it round etc etc but honestly can you see it . Millwall have just got promoted took them a few season in a lower league too recover from Holloway mess and a lot on here are worried .

Comment

Whos rattled youre cage shania? ive just put about some who every single posting keep going on and on putting ollie down, as if we havnt got it! is that belittling - no, the majority dont keep going on like a stuck record lol

But you, on the other hand, are bigging him us as he is the best thing since sliced bread Personally, I hope he can bring in players which doesnt need instructions from a manager at all.
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

But you, on the other hand, are bigging him us as he is the best thing since sliced bread Personally, I hope he can bring in players which doesnt need instructions from a manager at all.
                            And since when shania, go on just bring a few posts up saying im saying that thanks?! havnt burried my head in the sand whatsoever, but im not going on like a stuck record about ollie like others are who was from day 1! its a new season starting and the way some are carrying on we might aswell down tools now!

Comment

Just out of interest pinkie how many games have you been too since Holloway returned ?

Just intrigued to know why you hold in such high esteem

Comment

And since when shania, go on just bring a few posts up saying im saying that thanks?! havnt burried my head in the sand whatsoever, but im not going on like a stuck record about ollie like others are who was from day 1! its a new season starting and the way some are carrying on we might aswell down tools now!
                                But-Ollie-did-almost-relegate-us!!!!!!!!
                                QPR
                                Best team in the world
                                Sort of

Comment

Working...
                                X