No announcement yet.

Holloway - Looks like hes Staying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We could be pleasantly surprised by next season, you have to weigh up every possibility. I doubt we'll be surprised though as I think there are things off the pitch that will continually stifle the progress on the pitch under the current set-up.

Comment

Why do we need a DOF and a Manager?
      Get rid of both, combine their salaries and get a good manager to take the club forward.
      No good Manager would work under a DOF would he?

Comment

Originally posted by bigray View Post
        Get rid of both, combine their salaries and get a good manager to take the club forward.
        Is the norm abroad and in theory frees up the manager to manage the team.

Manager and DOF do though need to be on the same page otherwise will not end well.

Sadly we are lacking a good manager whichever way you look at it.

Comment

It's not the fact he will go as that's pretty much nailed on for early in the new season, it's the damage he will do at the start of that season, that we may not recover from.

I'm sure one of the Stat monsters can calculate how we would have faired with him in charge over a season, but pretty sure you will find it was JFH points that kept us up!

Comment

Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
            It's not the fact he will go as that's pretty much nailed on for early in the new season, it's the damage he will do at the start of that season, that we may not recover from.

I'm sure one of the Stat monsters can calculate how we would have faired with him in charge over a season, but pretty sure you will find it was JFH points that kept us up!
            he was avaraging a point a game so over a season would be 46 points.
            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
              he was avaraging a point a game so over a season would be 46 points.
              Is that true or did you make that up mate?

Comment

He actually avareages 1.1 point per game giving a final total over a season of 51 so relegation this year would be down to goal difference.

If anyone thinks with the squad we have we should be fighting relegation then you are clearly watching the wrong sport.

Comment

Jfh would have had a crowd of 5000 for last game v forest. Les although a legend has to go, what does he do ? Ollie sorted the mess jimmy left , judge him from now onwards .
                  Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                    Jfh would have had a crowd of 5000 for last game v forest. Les although a legend has to go, what does he do ? Ollie sorted the mess jimmy left , judge him from now onwards .

I know one thing the DOF does - he appoints sh.it managers...

Comment

Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post
                      I know one thing the DOF does - he appoints sh.it managers...
                      I know I know, jimmy. Useless kannt and boring football, worst I've seen in 40 years. At least Ollie will try to restore our faith.
                      Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Ollie sorted the mess jimmy left , judge him from now onwards .
                        It aint gonna happen Van ,not on here at least , people get bored in the close season , the knives are out and certain people have such a hard on for Ollie its gonna be relentless on here till August
                        Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                          It aint gonna happen Van ,not on here at least , people get bored in the close season , the knives are out and certain people have such a hard on for Ollie its gonna be relentless on here till August
                          Yeah your right in but reality the problem lies higher than Ollie ! can't see the club making a big name to silence the knife sharpeners

Comment

But the thing is while JFH wasn't working as a manager the team itself was reasonably good. Ollie didn't walk into a mess. He walked into an opportunity to do what he was asked to do and that was get that team playing and get us challenging further up table. Was also well supported in January window and got some bodies in. Often in these cases it is a mess but wasn't so here.

All Ollie has done is make a mess as opposed to sort one out! A bit of chest beating and badge kissing can't disguise the fact he has been a disaster. Nothing to suggest he is going to improve, if anything the longer the season went on the worse we got. To only just avoid relegation with that squad was ridiculous. Certainly not world beaters but should have been comfortable mid table at worst.

I want what's best for the club and genuinely don't think Ollie, legend or not, is that.

Comment

Originally posted by bigray View Post
                              Koeman did at Southampton and does at Everton, Potch at Spurs does, Chelsea have one think Liverpool do too and Arsenal bringing one in next season all clubs with managers superior to ours. Think problem with DOF role is fans don't actually get what it does when it makes perfect sense especially at club like ours with the rate of turnover in managers

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                                Koeman did at Southampton and does at Everton, Potch at Spurs does, Chelsea have one think Liverpool do too and Arsenal bringing one in next season all clubs with managers superior to ours. Think problem with DOF role is fans don't actually get what it does when it makes perfect sense especially at club like ours with the rate of turnover in managers
                                Bang on. The trick is turning the theory into something that works well in reality. In my view lots been happening off the pitch and we are one decent managerial appointment from possibly making it work at Loftus Road.

Comment

Working...
                                X