Full Backs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full Backs

Watching Fulham in the playoffs, 2 of their most important players this season have been their full backs. They are always marauding up and down the flanks and putting deliveries in.

For me this just highlights how much we really need to strengthen in this area. I do agree that our strikers are a bit average but no striker can do anything without service.

I'd be interested to know how many assists Bidwell and Furlong/Perch have picked up this season, or how many of their deliveries have led to goals? I'm sure Nasser will be able to find out.

Furlong has engine to play the role Bidwell no chance he's simply a FB

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      Good point west. But isnt it were a side that's playing with no structure or guidance as furlong could do it bidwell forget it. Any decent manager would look at what he's got and find a formation to suit the squad , just don't think ollly will ever work out a formation or style of play as he don't know his best 11 and then slot in squad members when needed or subs.

I don't want to sound like a stuck record but Ollie is a stuck record tactically and ability.

Comment

Was saying the same thing to my dad. Full backs are a must this transfer window. Fast with an engine who can get up and down

Comment

[QUOTE=bradrangers;1625953]Watching Fulham in the playoffs, 2 of their most important players this season have been their full backs. They are always marauding up and down the flanks and putting deliveries in.

For me this just highlights how much we really need to strengthen in this area. I do agree that our strikers are a bit average but no striker can do anything without service.

I'd be interested to know how many assists Bidwell and Furlong/Perch have picked up this season, or how many of their deliveries have led to goals? I'm sure Nasser will be able to find out.[/p

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post

Harsh on Bidwell - He did score !

(OK, it was a penalty, but......)

Comment

I think Bidwell would have been decent FB ten years ago when job was simply to defend the ball going in box but the good sides now have FB who are basically wingers with ability to defend. He's a defender pure and simple he offers nothing going in the other direction and it will cost us again next season

Comment

I have said before that full backs are a weapon these days. Plus if you are pressing high up the pitch then you need fullbacks who can follow the wingers in pressing higher up the pitch.

Plus you need them over lapping to occupy their full backs and make space for the other attacking players. Robinson can do it, he just isn't fit enough for a season to rely on and I don't rate Furlong enough to think he can do it (sorry, but he follows the ball to much in my opinion).

Comment

Working...
                X