Mark Hughes or holloway.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
    I'd rather put Zippy from Rainbow in charge.
    I'll take him.

Get him signed up.

Comment

Are we not still financially struggling because of Hughes? That second season was probably the worst in my lifetime. So no, I would not take him back.
      "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
        Are we not still financially struggling because of Hughes? That second season was probably the worst in my lifetime. So no, I would not take him back.
        Personally, I don't blame any one of our failed managerial appointments for our current predicament.

You really have to look for the common denominator (i.e. Tony Fernandes) for the root of our problems.

Comment

Totally agree with Tarbie. TF gave Hughes and all blank cheque's . He also got Ji Sun Park so his Captain could flog Air Asia tickets. Samba ? Didn't he get Samba for HR.
          Who agreed Barton, SWP etc salaries? He was the one who indulged in the spending spree.
          The taps been turned off just like at Caterham F1 where he achieved nil points despite promising the earth.
          All the talk of 40k seater stadiums etc typical TF bluster.
          See that Air Asia is now expanding​ into the Chinese market. What price he will sell part of the Club to some China consortium ?
          Anyway Hughes or Holloway. Hughes' the lesser of the two evils !

Comment

A chairman backing experienced managers he employs...yeah let's get him out of the club what a horrible chairman
            My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
              A chairman backing experienced managers he employs...yeah let's get him out of the club what a horrible chairman
              Exactly.

He should've been more astute but Hughes especially was reckless with the cash. Though i'm glad Martinel brought up Barton/SWP whose wages were the start of this slippery slope.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                No he got fired before we went bankrupt, got relegated and before he could wear each one of his 38 blue and white striped ties he'd put through expenses.
                He didn`t all get the chance to bring in his own players when he was at QPR, imo.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

You know, I really don't get this angle.

Name me another area of business where a board of Directors could buy a business that was moving forwards, and ran reasonably well financially, then in the space of 6 years take it significantly backwards (in terms of development I would speculate as much as 8 years backwards), whilst at the same time squandering hundreds of millions of pounds. Then to make matters worse, after moving this business backwards by 8 years, this board of Directors have instigated austerity measures that prevent the business from being able to compete at this new, lower level. All of this, and still have the support of their customer base?

I'm sorry, but Tony Fernandes has watched over one of the biggest failures in sporting history. Honestly, it's right up there with Risdale at Leeds Utd, and at least Ridsdale had the decency of providing the fans with a couple of glory years before sending the club down the toilet.

I don't get why there is such a large element of our fanbase that still applaud Tony Fernandes and his cronies. Yeah, he's a decent bloke and he's honest. But surely we can separate good intentions from actual achievement. His track record as a chairman is nothing short of disastrous and not improving any time soon in my opinion!
                  Last edited by Tarbie; 16-05-2017, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                    Personally, I don't blame any one of our failed managerial appointments for our current predicament.

You really have to look for the common denominator (i.e. Tony Fernandes) for the root of our problems.

Financially id agree with you wasting millions, but i wouldnt blame tony for much else, think more blames in the background with our youth system and coaching!
                    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Name me another area of business where a board of Directors could buy a business that was moving forwards, and ran reasonably well financially, then in the space of 6 years take it significantly backwards (in terms of development I would speculate as much as 8 years backwards), whilst at the same time squandering hundreds of millions of pounds. Then to make matters worse, after moving this business backwards by 8 years, this board of Directors have instigated austerity measures that prevent the business from being able to compete at this new, lower level.

I'm sorry, but Tony Fernandes has watched over one of the biggest failures in sporting history. Honestly, it's right up there with Risdale at Leeds Utd, and at least Ridsdale had the decency of providing the fans with a couple of glory years before sending the club down the toilet.

I don't get why there is such a large element of our fanbase that still applaud Tony Fernandes and his cronies. Yeah, he's a decent bloke and he's honest. But surely we can separate good intentions from actual achievement. His track record as a chairman is nothing short of disastrous and not improving any time soon in my opinion!
                      Football isn't like any other area of business! Totally pointless to compare the two. Most clubs don't make money.

Please tell me why Tony Fernandes should be harangued for hiring experienced professionals who let him down?

Exceptions are:
                      LF - Fully qualified, no experience. Extremely difficult job to undertake (rectifying Hughes and Redknapp mistakes) and of course would make some mistakes along the way
                      Chris Ramsey - DoF backed him, players backed him.
                      JFH - What the fans were crying out for
                      IH - Cheap, QPR through and through.

I'm not denying we've gone backwards, but the club going from Administration to an actual circus under Briatore to having a chairman who will invest in all areas of the club doesn't seem that bad to me. Briatore only achieved promotion because of a once in a life time season from a once in a lifetime player.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and using that, you wouldn't hire Hughes or Redknapp (who got us in this mess) or buy a player who has just won the CL or buy a player from Real Madrid.

Comment

Football isn't like any other area of business! Totally pointless to compare the two. Most clubs don't make money.

Please tell me why Tony Fernandes should be harangued for hiring experienced professionals who let him down?

Exceptions are:
                        LF - Fully qualified, no experience. Extremely difficult job to undertake (rectifying Hughes and Redknapp mistakes) and of course would make some mistakes along the way
                        Chris Ramsey - DoF backed him, players backed him.
                        JFH - What the fans were crying out for
                        IH - Cheap, QPR through and through.

I'm not denying we've gone backwards, but the club going from Administration to an actual circus under Briatore to having a chairman who will invest in all areas of the club doesn't seem that bad to me. Briatore only achieved promotion because of a once in a life time season from a once in a lifetime player.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and using that, you wouldn't hire Hughes or Redknapp (who got us in this mess) or buy a player who has just won the CL or buy a player from Real Madrid.
                        But you break it down into individual decisions and look for reasoning or justification of each decision.

The fact is, if someone is in charge and things consistently go wrong, then that person must be held accountable. So many on this thread are demonising Mark Hughes. Yeah, I don't like him and he was manager during one of the most disappointing times I can remember as a QPR fan. But surely when the 4 managers that have come after him have all also failed then we need to be looking further up the food chain?!!

Comment

But you break it down into individual decisions and look for reasoning or justification of each decision.

The fact is, if someone is in charge and things consistently go wrong, then that person must be held accountable. So many on this thread are demonising Mark Hughes. Yeah, I don't like him and he was manager during one of the most disappointing times I can remember as a QPR fan. But surely when the 4 managers that have come after him have all also failed then we need to be looking further up the food chain?!!

And to me thats got nothing to do with tony whatsoever tarbs, thats to do with the coaching structure and how there doing things on the training ground, also about the players that have been signed etc, cant see what that has to do with tony mate tbh!
                          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                            He didn`t all get the chance to bring in his own players when he was at QPR, imo.
                            He signed 15 players, which could have filled nearly every position on the park.

Amongst them were Boswinga, for which he shall never, ever be forgiven for.

Though he did sign BOBBY!!! Which i will begrudgingly give him credit for.

Comment

Name me another area of business where a board of Directors could buy a business that was moving forwards, and ran reasonably well financially, then in the space of 6 years take it significantly backwards (in terms of development I would speculate as much as 8 years backwards), whilst at the same time squandering hundreds of millions of pounds. Then to make matters worse, after moving this business backwards by 8 years, this board of Directors have instigated austerity measures that prevent the business from being able to compete at this new, lower level. All of this, and still have the support of their customer base?

You must have missed those bucket collection days.. you might have missed the position we were in before that magic adel season.

We had one good season on the up and up (totally unexpected btw) and since then we have reverted to type. TF had made poor decisions on a grander scale but essentially it's same old QPR.

Comment

The 4 failed after him because 3 have being paying for Hughes' (and Redknapps) mistakes!

Comment

Working...
                                X