Mark Hughes or holloway.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Hughes or holloway.

With the season now over and the lunatics running the club are nowhere to be seen, there is nowt much to talk about.

Came across some news that Mark Hughes is expected to be out of a job next week.

I remember uncle saying never say never when asked by a reporter if Hughes could come back again one day.

If you had a choice, would you welcome him back now?
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Hypothetically assuming ollie is sacked, yes i would. Hughes always seems to do better at clubs with no money and little ambition

Comment

Why is he out of a job?

Stoke will always be Stoke, last on MOTD and lucky to finish 9th. Don't even know where they are now to be honest but they aren't in Europe and they aren't going down.

I'd Hughes is doing a good job.

Back here though? No way, he is all about him, bringing his team in, his agents, more wholesale changes. Nah.

Comment

Can't stand Hughes so no.

Comment

He was awful but I'd actually take him over IH right now.

Comment

Wouldn't have him back here. Not that we could afford him anyway, plus I'm pretty sure he wouldn't want to come back.

What I will say however is that with the benefit of hindsight, I really don't blame Mark Hughes for our relegation from the top flight. The club at the time was an utter joke. Throwing money around right left and centre with very little due diligence done. Trying to buy our way into the upper echelons of English football with an infrastructure that quite frankly would have been average in the Championship.

If we could have our time again, I just wish Tony had done things the right way round. i.e. Looked at what makes a club successful in the long term, such as the ground, training facilities, youth policy, whilst also building a side capable of remaining in the Premier League. Instead what we did was try and buy instant success without having the brand or infrastructure to actually attract top players. This combined with people calling the shots who had never been in this situation before, led us to the mess that got us relegated.

Whilst Hughes played his part in this, having watched us fail and fail again almost every season since, it's hard to pin the blame fully on Hughes.
            Last edited by Tarbie; 15-05-2017, 11:47 AM.

Comment

His signings have been poor and he's had to revert back to many of Stokes old guard. Reverting to type it seems

Comment

Choice of the two Hughes all day long

Comment

Hughes all day long and I hate him. Anythings better than these clowns we have in charge. We've got assistant manager we got from an American amateur club who's basically just a fan, Hartlepools defensive coach and a sky pundit as a manager who's last job relegated Millwall from the championship. Yep Hughes for me

Comment

Id have Fred West as manager over Hollowhead.

Comment

He got us off to the worst start in PL history.

He had two full windows and a pre-season before that.

I can't believe anyone would want him back here?!

I'd rather put Zippy from Rainbow in charge.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                        He got us off to the worst start in PL history.

He had two full windows and a pre-season before that.

I can't believe anyone would want him back here?!

I'd rather put Zippy from Rainbow in charge.
                        Pretty much what we've got right now, isn't it?!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                          Pretty much what we've got right now, isn't it?!!
                          Suppose so!

I stand by my comment whatever spin anyone wishes to put on it.

#noHughes

Comment

Seriously? That man systematically ripped the heart out of Rangers. He and his cronies are largely responsible for the money wasted in the PL and the players he signed, that completely stripped our Club of any identity
                            #standuptocancer
                            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

I would not welcome him back.... people may have a view on Holloway as a manager but Hughes was the manager when we made in my opinion some of the most dangerous signings to the clubs future. YES YES, TF could of said No and I don't disagree with that view either but as the "football man" he allowed us to sign players who came and milked the club for millions.
                              http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...ftus-Road.html

Comment

Working...
                              X