Double touch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double touch

How come when Mahrez double touched the ball City got a free kick, but when Hart done it from a goal kick against us (when Austin i think whacked in the net) Hart was allowed retake the goal kick, I'm going from memory here so apologies if facts are not as I remember.

Originally posted by Marsh67 View Post
    How come when Mahrez double touched the ball City got a free kick, but when Hart done it from a goal kick against us (when Austin i think whacked in the net) Hart was allowed retake the goal kick, I'm going from memory here so apologies if facts are not as I remember.
    This has always irked me. The no double touch from a free kick / penalty etc. is there to stop the team taking the kick from gaining any advantage - not the other way around. In our game, I believe the ref could have played advantage and given the goal, or at the very least we should have been given an indirect freekick from inside the penalty area.

Comment

I think as they determine the ball to not be in play until it leaves the penalty area, that this is the reason for the retaking of the goal-kick, but that hardly seems fair - you should get punished for making an error like that.

Comment

Working...
      X