The new season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new season.

Many are being negative about the coming season. One reason is the way we played in our last eight games. Some blame IH. Others LF and TF. Others blame the lack of quality players. To say I was not disappointed will be a lie. I was disappointed and expected much better. However its not all doom and gloom. The season before last, Fulham, Reading and Huddersfield were all fighting for their lives in the lower part of the Championship and we all knows how they finished this season. Some will argue that these teams had a good foundation, while we seems so far adrift. One key point we are all missing is the simple fact that our squad on average is still young. In contrast to the past when most of our players where veterans, the current bunch may develop in quality. I am sure the likes of Manning, Luongo, Bidwell, Washington, Yeni, Furlong and Hall will improve after this season experience. These are young players that can improve giving the right opportunity, while the likes we had before...well, you know the level they where in and cannot expect anything more. In its present circumstances, the club is doing the right thing. They are investing in young yet unfinished articles. Some will succeed, others will fail. What I will expect for this season is some added experience to the present squad. Having a lot of youngsters may be counter productive if things get worse. Looking at the Forest game, I can point out that the best player was Ned. He is an experienced player and it shows in such a hot and important game. Many do not like Ned. Personally, I think he lacks technical ability, however he do his defending duties in a brilliant manner. So, having all these young players that may step up to the next level, may change all the negativity towards the coming season. U R's.

I blame ian goingthewrongway
    R's

Comment

Agreed, and if the club adds a few routined players to the yongsters you are refering too, we might become a quite good team next year..
      Last edited by Shania; 14-05-2017, 07:07 PM. Reason: Speilling
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by SteveQPR1975 View Post
        Hilarious.

Comment

Need to add some pace all over the park as it lacking in almost every key position and that's huge part of the problem

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
            Many are being negative about the coming season. One reason is the way we played in our last eight games. Some blame IH. Others LF and TF. Others blame the lack of quality players. To say I was not disappointed will be a lie. I was disappointed and expected much better. However its not all doom and gloom. The season before last, Fulham, Reading and Huddersfield were all fighting for their lives in the lower part of the Championship and we all knows how they finished this season. Some will argue that these teams had a good foundation, while we seems so far adrift. One key point we are all missing is the simple fact that our squad on average is still young. In contrast to the past when most of our players where veterans, the current bunch may develop in quality. I am sure the likes of Manning, Luongo, Bidwell, Washington, Yeni, Furlong and Hall will improve after this season experience. These are young players that can improve giving the right opportunity, while the likes we had before...well, you know the level they where in and cannot expect anything more. In its present circumstances, the club is doing the right thing. They are investing in young yet unfinished articles. Some will succeed, others will fail. What I will expect for this season is some added experience to the present squad. Having a lot of youngsters may be counter productive if things get worse. Looking at the Forest game, I can point out that the best player was Ned. He is an experienced player and it shows in such a hot and important game. Many do not like Ned. Personally, I think he lacks technical ability, however he do his defending duties in a brilliant manner. So, having all these young players that may step up to the next level, may change all the negativity towards the coming season. U R's.
            Just looking at the squad yes would be reasonably positive for next season. However it's the manager and his performance over 30ish games as opposed to just last 8. Two sets of 6 defeats (only 5 in our entire history!) and aside from a brief spell we have looked poor. Football has moved beyond just chest beating and badge kissing. Ollie tries to be clever tactically but more often than not falls on his backside. Problem is it then becomes obvious to players manager is clueless and that impacts on performance, uncertainty of what he wants them to do on pitch etc. To me that is likely what happened in last 8 games as opposed to other factors.

Hate to use this example but look at Conte. Very passionate and demonstrative but also tactically aware. He has the respect of his players and their backing.

With the right manager we have a good basis going forwards. Sadly we haven't and I can even see players wanting out because of it never mind improving the squad.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveQPR1975 View Post
              Is that seriously the best you could come up with?
              Leave the puns to Hitman mate, you're not cut out for it.
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                How about Ian Losehomeandaway?

Comment

I'm happy with the old fave Ian Hollowhead.

Sums him up quite well I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                    Looking at the Forest game, I can point out that the best player was Ned.
                    So, essentially, against one of the worst teams in the division our best player was a defender.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                      Hahaha glad to know I'm good at something 😂
                      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                        Hahaha glad to know I'm good at something ��
                        Might not agree with you all the time but if there's a pun or a hashtag to be made up you're the guy hahaha
                        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                        Pawel Wszolek - 6
                        Luke Freeman - 6
                        Matt Smith - 6
                        Ebere Eze - 4
                        Joel Lynch - 3
                        Tomer Hemed - 3
                        Toni Leistner - 2
                        Massimo Luongo- 2
                        Angel Rangel - 2
                        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                        Geoff Cameron - 1
                        Aramide Oteh - 1
                        Jake Bidwell - 1
                        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

How about

Ian Shouldbeinholloway

For all those performances a prison sentence is the least he deserves )

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                            So, essentially, against one of the worst teams in the division our best player was a defender.
                            And they were unlucky not to score on several occasions due to our poor defending. Laughable really.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                              My mum would of had a good game v forrest we were shocking last 30 mins once hollohead decided to make changes and we then ended up defending for our lives.

To be fair to the initial thread yep teams that do struggle can end up with a good season afterwards as we did under warnock but he got momentum going into the new season had a brain tactically and had a vision of how we were going to play as for IH i think its done on a raffle team selection and tactics are fresh mints in a small box.

Comment

Working...
                              X