White Hart Lane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Hart Lane

With the stadium about to come to an end, can anyone tell me our link to the old place?

As nobody got it - we were their first competitive game at the lane

Comment

Been tonked there a few times
      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

i didnt do so well in my bright lemon lois cords ,after getting spotted down the Tottenham high rd after the match in 83/84........
        Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Coming out of the Park Lane end in 89 was a little tasty.

Hundreds of their chaps on the opposite pavement baying for our blood, police horses clattering about everywhere.

Seven Sisters tube seemed an awful long way away at that point.
          Last edited by cross it Dave; 14-05-2017, 04:34 PM.
          I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Always the same in 80's coming out the park Lane end. They always had hundreds on opposite side of road in front of houses, police never stopped them gathering there, left early once when we lost heavily with Clive Allen scoring 2 or 3 for them, maybe 83/84? Left with fifteen minutes to go to be met by 200 or so, still to this day can remember that feeling, no police or anything.

Comment

Didn't Rufus Brevit score for us there ?
              Can't remember when or if we won.
              F*CK OFF CHELSEA WEST LONDON IS OURS!

Comment

First football I ever saw was there. In the seats at the top of the Shelf in 1973. I remember how green the pitch was.

Comment

And before anyone queries it match against Notts County was a friendly. As stated first competitive match was v us in Southern League.

Comment

Always got pelted above by coins there - surprising given the stereotype
                    #standuptocancer
                    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                      i didnt do so well in my bright lemon lois cords ,after getting spotted down the Tottenham high rd after the match in 83/84........
                      we ruffled a few tottenham feathers on the walk to wembley in 82 , they intercepted the march in a big open top lorry it was good old fisticuffs for around 10 mins like our of a bar room brawl in a cowboy film

Comment

Have we ever won there?

Comment

I saw Kieron Dyer have Gareth Bale in his pocket there

Also saw a midfield duo of Faurlin and Granero play some beautiful football between them that game, and we still lost!
                          My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
                            I saw Kieron Dyer have Gareth Bale in his pocket there

Also saw a midfield duo of Faurlin and Granero play some beautiful football between them that game, and we still lost!
                            Thought that was the best we played under Hughes that day.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                              Have we ever won there?
                              In 76 we mullered them 3-0.

I was with 2 mates, I seem to remember going in the Park Lane end but then walked over to the corner of the Shelf and watched the game there.

There was very Rangers fans at the Lane that day.
                              I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Working...
                              X