If you're going to sack a manager...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
    Happy with the transfers, happy before the break, happy with team experiments until after Brighton. My frown could not be turned upside down at the end of the season though. I just don't think losing that many games on the bounce, twice, is acceptable. I don't like the conflicting messages of 'we are experimenting' then 'i'm trying to pick the best team to win games'.

I'd happily, fully support Ollie if he's there at the start of next season. I don't think we'll be relegated under him, though i also don't see us getting much better than mid table, it'll be a frustrating season and this board will be a dark, dark place. Either there is something going on at the club which is hindering him, and hindered previous managers, or he is not as capable as he thinks he is or we need him to be.
    Yeah I get that, fair enough post
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
      Need to keep Holloway. Got to judge him when there is a prize on offer. Whole club tailed off so can't solely blame the manager. Really think we will be top half next season with a couple of useful additions. No need to take risks like Morrison and happy with the transfers done by Ollie so far, so every reason to trust him
      he wants a load more players.

so much for dof les remit of only bringing 2 or 3 in.

this club is such a farking mess.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/m...ge-loan-system
      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Have a read of this - people still happy with him? He's a nutter. It''s bloody scary he got the job to be honest.

Comment

sorry Hits, great minds and all that.....

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
            sorry Hits, great minds and all that.....
            no probs james

the bloke is a complete and utter bellend. liked him as a player but man is he ruin my good memories of him.

i guess its only fitting that we have zippo in charge of the circus, makes uncle bungle look competent

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
              he wants a load more players.

so much for dof les remit of only bringing 2 or 3 in.

You saying you would be happy with what we've got ?

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                there is something going on at the club which is hindering him, and hindered previous managers
                Understatement of the century, I hate to say.

Comment

Have a read of this - people still happy with him? He's a nutter. It''s bloody scary he got the job to be honest.

James talk about over the top mate, what exactly was hard to understand about what he was saying apart from the kind of joke explanation about what hes on about?! youre just nit picking now along with quite a few others tbh!
                  http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

1) Most boards would start sounding out new candidates some time in advance of sacking the incumbent. I don't think we've done this suffieciently in the past, and I would be amazed if we've sounded out anyone at this point, because as someone said TF only acts very late in the day. We're not even reactive, we're post reactive..... Which means even if Ollie was over, he wont be going anywhere for a while.

2) Ollie is cheap and has plenty of contract - a terrible decision in its own right - and the view maybe that he'd keep us up again, which would suit them. I think that's overstating Ollie's tactical suss but there we are.

3) Hub's Clive quotes simply reflect what has been pointed out many times.

4) The problem of Les must be grasped - his ongoing presence wont help attract pedigree candidates. I'm afraid its that simple. We're not big enough to attract a quality gaffer while imposing our own dof on him.

I think everyone now understands why some of us - however much we love Ollie as one of Rs - had major reservations about this appointment. Unfortunately these didn't extend to TF, Les and Hoos (who rubber stamped Ollies contract).

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                      Need to keep Holloway. Got to judge him when there is a prize on offer. Whole club tailed off so can't solely blame the manager. Really think we will be top half next season with a couple of useful additions. No need to take risks like Morrison and happy with the transfers done by Ollie so far, so every reason to trust him
                      There was a prize on offer for six games on the trot prior to Forest mate. Survival in this league.

There were three points up for grabs for each and every one of our last eight games too.

He had plenty of opportunity to ensure survival and make some progress towards next season's campaign.

To say he failed miserably would hardly be overstating the point.

Today's story about transfer window and loans is hardly full of encouragement about his ability to either motivate the players, or build a squad capable of comfortably competing in the higher part of this very poor division.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                        There was a prize on offer for six games on the trot prior to Forest mate. Survival in this league.

There were three points up for grabs for each and every one of our last eight games too.

He had plenty of opportunity to ensure survival and make some progress towards next season's campaign.

To say he failed miserably would hardly be overstating the point.

Today's story about transfer window and loans is hardly full of encouragement about his ability to either motivate the players, or build a squad capable of comfortably competing in the higher part of this very poor division.
                        His quote is hardly inspiring is it?

“We need a really good window now the window is open and you can do business, which I used to do with loan players, which really was handy – when you could pop to the shops and buy some milk and some bread because you needed it because it all goes off.

“Now you’ve just got to buy tons of it just in case you get injuries.”

Holloway added: “People have got to change the rules back to how it used to be, because it’s absolute nonsense, but they won’t do and we’ll have to learn how to do it this way.

“That means sometimes it’s going to be tough, particularly for us.”

Comment

Personally, i felt he should have stuck with Jimmy. I wasnt convinced but you have to, at some point, set out a blueprint for what you want. Put someone in,preferably young with some experienced help and give it time.

IMO, we have to make a change now. Thats a change in manager and also Ferdinand. It looks like everything is over-complicated all the time. Too many know it alls wanting a say. It also looks like its jobs for the boys.

I dont think we'd go far wrong with former Norwich boss Alex Neil.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                            James talk about over the top mate, what exactly was hard to understand about what he was saying apart from the kind of joke explanation about what hes on about?! youre just nit picking now along with quite a few others tbh!
                            Pinkie, sorry mate but his quotes plus our recent form are really annoying me.

The problem is that he has changed his mind so quickly. It wasn't too long ago that the squad was fine.He said this in March (during our good run):
                            http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/20...d-3617745.aspx

Now the squad isn't good enough and we need to make all these changes. So what has happened between March and now to change that? If he had played either a (reasonably) consistent team or given players a run of games (around 4) then I could understand that he could make that assessment. But he's thrown players like Goss, Doughty and Petrasso into games and then got rid of them. I can't believe that you can make a judgement in that space of time. And it's not exactly good for the confidence of the player.

He is very erratic and it scares the crap out of me for next season. We need consistency but that should start with the manager's decisions and also his comments

Comment

Pinkie, sorry mate but his quotes plus our recent form are really annoying me.

The problem is that he has changed his mind so quickly. It wasn't too long ago that the squad was fine.He said this in March (during our good run):
                              http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/20...d-3617745.aspx

Now the squad isn't good enough and we need to make all these changes. So what has happened between March and now to change that? If he had played either a (reasonably) consistent team or given players a run of games (around 4) then I could understand that he could make that assessment. But he's thrown players like Goss, Doughty and Petrasso into games and then got rid of them. I can't believe that you can make a judgement in that space of time. And it's not exactly good for the confidence of the player.

He is very erratic and it scares the crap out of me for next season. We need consistency but that should start with the manager's decisions and also his comments
                              I will tell you what has happened between march and now mate..............

he has lost the dressing room.

sylla, ravel and henry have all been publicly thrown under a bus.

its also clear that half the team think that he is a joke.

So, when that happens, he need to flood the club with new players and start again...... and again....... and again.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                                FAR far better to do it now than 10 games or more into a new season.

Let's review Fernandes record of QPR managers so far:

Hughes
                                Redknapp
                                Ramsey
                                JFH
                                Holloway

ALL of them brought in midway through seasons. Throughout his tenure it has always been this firefighting and reactive (to fan pressure) approach. Never an approach with any clear foresight, vision and informed planning. Just lurching and stumbling blind from one mess to the next. It's the difference between QPR and Southampton, Watford and Swansea as examples of clubs who do regularly change their managers but where the key difference is they all have an underlying structure and policy in place in which the new managers just pick up the baton and continue the work, without any wholesale changes like we witness here every year.

What does this pattern tell you folks? It clearly tells me that we have a man at the reins totally incapable of learning from his past mistakes in the 6.5 years he's been at the club.

If he does not get rid of Holloway now and waits until the season starts it will be yet another ruined season and further indication (as if we still need it) that he still hasn't learnt the errors of his ways.

OTOH the alternative would be to pledge to give Holloway at least one full season, come hell or high water. Perversely I would actually have greater respect for Fernandes if he did that over his usual pattern of following the one above.

Yesterday I gave a deeper analysis of the issues:

Yes, the problem is deeper, that much is obvious. Ollie was offered the job because he was cheap, because he's a QPR man and because the board believed it would be a popular decision with the fans. So there you have three reasons to absolutely NEVER recruit a football manager, if it's for those reasons alone! It was a totally amateurish decision and proves that they've learnt nothing in the 6.5 years they took over the club.

Les Ferdinand, another man who was picked because it was perceived as being a popular appointment by the fans. Again, another absolutely disastrous appointment. Just look at his track record so far of managers under his watch for proof of that.

Tony Fernandes, the fool and his money so easily parted - and one who never seems to learn from his mistakes. His legacy at QPR is to appoint managers and DOF's who he thinks will be popular with the fans because the most important thing to him is to be loved and to feel popular. This personality shortcoming has proven to be his downfall because there is absolutely no more important a decision a chairman can make than the people you employ when, like Fernandes, you know nothing of the industry you're getting involved with.

Tony Fernandes' appointments have been his downfall these past 6.5 years because he has based them not on sound judgement and informed footballing nous, but instead on what he thinks will make him feel popular with the fans and playing to the gallery. The Redknapp one, another classic example of this where he saw the 'Come save us Harry' banner in the stands and once again acted on it stupidly, compulsively, without thinking it through or getting the right advice from people who know the industry.

So yes, West Acton, you are of course correct that the problems at QPR FC lie far far deeper than the current incompetent incumbent who once again was appointed for all the wrong reasons and thus was another brain dead decision.
                                Top post Stanley.

I say get rid now of both IH and LF then speak to proper football advisers about recruiting a manager or coach (perhaps from abroad) .
                                Then this new manager can get a pre season in and some new signings.

If IH stays and gets off to a poor or indifferent start like Ramsey and JFH he is likely to get sacked and we'll probably see more of the same again.

Comment

Working...
                                X