If you're going to sack a manager...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    I agree. But sacking Ollie once the season has begun would be a lot more damaging than making the change now.
    Not really as there is always a risk of replacing Holloway now and us still being sh*t under a new manager.

Though everyone seems to think this will not be the case at all....

Comment

Here's a list of managers currently available

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/trai...iner/statistik

Pardew, Ranieri, Mike Phelan, Frank De Boer, Roberto Mancini, Remi Garde, Di Canio - Would I have any of these? Not unless Claudio can perform miracles for the nest 10 seasons in a row. Would any of them come to us FOR THE RIGHT REASONS?

One name on the list (linked) is Roger Schmidt formerly Bayern Leverkusen with a points to game ratio of 1.80 but I know nothing about him.

I'd stick with Holloway. Am getting a bit p*ssed off with all these quotes in the paper though. You have not done a good job, go about your business quietly through the summer and don't build up expectations like every manager before you. Then surprise us!
      My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
        Not really as there is always a risk of replacing Holloway now and us still being sh*t under a new manager.
        Less of a risk though, assuming it's the right man.

Sacking a manager again, midway through the season is far more likely to spell another wasted season and yet further turmoil, instability and lack of progress. More worryingly than that though, it would be indicative of the board still appearing incapable of learning from the same repeated mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
          One name on the list (linked) is Roger Schmidt formerly Bayern Leverkusen with a points to game ratio of 1.80 but I know nothing about him.
          Got a decent record in Germany.

Question is, how much would the board spend to entice a manager who has managed in the German top flight to manage in the Championship?

Comment

I think Clive's match report: http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footbal...ers/news/45640 perfectly sums up why Ollie should go now, and not halfway through next season. Stan is right, many others on here are right, if it's going to be done, it needs to be done now. Prevaricating is clearly one of TF's major problems as a footbal club chairman. So I say get rid ASAP. If not, we're just going to have to stick with Ollie for a whole season and see how we fare.

A couple of choice quotes from the match report sum it up:

"have you ever seen anything as downright stupid as QPR’s approach to this match? A wing back system, with only two centre backs, and no deep lying defensive central midfielder – like living in Toxteth and leaving your front door wide open while you go to the shops."

"Without the ball QPR weren’t so much exposed as bent over and lubed up. This was beyond suicidal. This was necking three packs of painkillers with a bottle of bleach, shooting yourself in the face and jumping off a high building into heavy traffic. Rather than employ some special arrangements to temper the influence of City’s outstanding player Pritchard, QPR instead decided to afford him more space in dangerous areas than he’s probably ever had in his entire career. He dictated the first hour without breaking a sweat and was then substituted early so he could put the club suit he needn’t have changed out of in the first place back on. Nobody got within ten yards of him at any point. It quickly descended into a barbaric carve up with Pritchard, Murphy and Hoolahan running an-absolute-mok. What are you doing? What are you actually doing?"

Comment

Less of a risk though, assuming it's the right man.
              Which begs the question, how can you tell who the right man for the job is?

Personally I don't think there is anymore risk in changing managers mid-season than there is sticking to your guns. Eventually something will click.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                "Without the ball QPR weren’t so much exposed as bent over and lubed up. This was beyond suicidal. This was necking three packs of painkillers with a bottle of bleach, shooting yourself in the face and jumping off a high building into heavy traffic. Rather than employ some special arrangements to temper the influence of City’s outstanding player Pritchard, QPR instead decided to afford him more space in dangerous areas than he’s probably ever had in his entire career. He dictated the first hour without breaking a sweat and was then substituted early so he could put the club suit he needn’t have changed out of in the first place back on. Nobody got within ten yards of him at any point. It quickly descended into a barbaric carve up with Pritchard, Murphy and Hoolahan running an-absolute-mok. What are you doing? What are you actually doing?"
                Sounds like the best defensive midfielder in the championship/ universe had an off game Sunday.....

Edited: his usual game Sunday (bar Leeds away)

Comment

That's fine, assuming you're prepared to accept the significant risk of us being relegated to League One under Ollie, for the sake of long-term stability and progress of the club.
                  In your opinion....

Personally think we will progress next year, top ten at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                    Sounds like the best defensive midfielder in the championship/ universe had an off game Sunday.....

Edited: his usual game Sunday (bar Leeds away)
                    Australia, QPR, Whoscored, EFL Team of the week many times - all wrong about Luongo then!

Doughty was actually the man meant to be shielding the back 4
                    My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Like it or not: nothing will happen regarding the managers position. Sir Les, who is the one who hires and fires within his "Department", did a few weeks ago give Holloway the freedom to experiment with the team. Although it nearly ended in tears, the travesty most of you have witnessed live seems therefore like a part of the plan and in that way defendable if TF should question the lack of progress made. Just my opinon..
                      Last edited by Shania; 09-05-2017, 03:30 PM.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

Which begs the question, how can you tell who the right man for the job is?
                        As usual in business: Minimise your risks - you give yourself a far better chance by making expertly informed due diligence in recruitment, as opposed to unprofessionally and gullibly allowing unscrupulous agents and/or fans to shape your decisions.

Comment

I'd get Pardew or Karanka, seriously.

Comment

Got a decent record in Germany.

Question is, how much would the board spend to entice a manager who has managed in the German top flight to manage in the Championship?
                            Bundesliga is usually more exciting than the Premier League, Leverkusen are a good side, and, man for man, ze Germans are good managers in England. He's certainly in the mould of manager that i'd rather we started looking at.

Comment

Need to keep Holloway. Got to judge him when there is a prize on offer. Whole club tailed off so can't solely blame the manager. Really think we will be top half next season with a couple of useful additions. No need to take risks like Morrison and happy with the transfers done by Ollie so far, so every reason to trust him
                              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                                Need to keep Holloway. Got to judge him when there is a prize on offer. Whole club tailed off so can't solely blame the manager. Really think we will be top half next season with a couple of useful additions. No need to take risks like Morrison and happy with the transfers done by Ollie so far, so every reason to trust him
                                Happy with the transfers, happy before the break, happy with team experiments until after Brighton. My frown could not be turned upside down at the end of the season though. I just don't think losing that many games on the bounce, twice, is acceptable. I don't like the conflicting messages of 'we are experimenting' then 'i'm trying to pick the best team to win games'.

I'd happily, fully support Ollie if he's there at the start of next season. I don't think we'll be relegated under him, though i also don't see us getting much better than mid table, it'll be a frustrating season and this board will be a dark, dark place. Either there is something going on at the club which is hindering him, and hindered previous managers, or he is not as capable as he thinks he is or we need him to be.

Comment

Working...
                                X