No announcement yet.

Bring back warnock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warnock was never going to get right to the top but has always been a decent old school manager. Play players in their right position, organise team etc. Doesn't do anything fancy. Honestly feel we would be top half with him. With Ollie could easily end up in or around relegation places.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
      Warnock was never going to get right to the top but has always been a decent old school manager. Play players in their right position, organise team etc. Doesn't do anything fancy. Honestly feel we would be top half with him. With Ollie could easily end up in or around relegation places.
      Think we would probably be a bit better off than we are now but Warnock cannot perform miracles no matter what people think and with the lack of goals that this team/squad have in them, we'd be mid-table IMO

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
        I agree with this.

Warnock gets the simple things right more often than not, tactically is pretty sound, and will typically get the best out of a group of players at this level. I actually believe that if we got the basics right, what this group of players could achieve would surprise a few.

Unfortunately for us, we missed our chance to bring Warnock back. He's with Cardiff now, doing pretty well, and no doubt earning more money than we'd be likely to pay him these days.

Comment

Warnock should not have played games and just bern upfront and said I want job. Time to move on

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            Warnock should not have played games and just bern upfront and said I want job. Time to move on
            If he really wanted the job he would have laid out conditions to TF and made sure he got them.

Personally think he only said he wanted the job after he knew JFH was already lined up to come in........comes out of it looking like he was mugged off and still a hero to QPR fans.

Comment

Why on why did we let Warnock go second time.what a #### up !

Comment

Originally posted by clareranger View Post
                Said he never wanted job as wanted retire it’s his own fault

Comment

He felt he was "stabbed in the back" more like.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by clareranger View Post
                    You can bet your life he looked at the crap players and told about not having as much to spend as he thought it would need

Comment

Beat Forest away just like we did. Oh no we didnt did we.

Comment

Another Hoilett goal.

Couldn't make it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                          Another Hoilett goal.

Couldn't make it up.
                          Hardly rocket science. Holliet is a very good player at this level and it was a shrewd signing and our loss
                          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I don't believe that to be true personally. He came to an agreement with the club to take charge for eight games as caretaker manager following Ramsey's sacking (before which he was 1st team advisor). Had the club then offered him the job permanently he would have taken it. He even joked about getting the sack on his last game, which if you read between the lines says it all.

Comment

He said it numerous times Stanley in papers on our own player from his own mouth. Stunned that people blatantly choose to ignore it and suggest otherwise

I would have loved him back especially when you see what we have ended up with but he said he never wanted the job, if he did want it it would have been his I have no doubt about it

Comment

Wests, if he didn't want the job then why did he take the Rotherham one? QPR or Rotherham was a no-brainer surely. The fact he went there and then on to Cardiff says that he clearly still had (and has) the hunger. Furthermore he already had the 1st team advisor gig here. Slipping back into the managers role after CR's departure would have been seamless and easy, not to mention that his record in those 8 games already showed an up-turn in results.

Comment

Working...
                                X