Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
    So whats the formation then?
    442 would be my preference, but a 352 with good wingbacks could also work well.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
      442 would be my preference, but a 352 with good wingbacks could also work well.
      Sylla can't play in a 2 up front. Just look how confused he was alongside Smith and I'd be amazed if he could win knock-ons for Washington to run onto.

If Sylla plays, which he should, it has to be 1 up front 4-5-1 or 3-2-3-1

Just my opinion though.

Comment

Strikers like Sylla often take a bit of time to adapt and he doesn't speak English to well at the moment. He's scored 10 goals this year with out being a regular and I personally think we need to keep hold of him for next season as strikers often kick on in their second season.

If by January it not working then we can look to move him on with 18 months left on his deal!!

Comment

Probably get crucified for saying this but I rate N'Gbakoto. He scored a great goal against Cardiff which for demonstrated a lot of what I want to see in a striker. Sylla requires service where N'Gbakoto and Washington I think have a bit more to their game. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
            Probably get crucified for saying this but I rate N'Gbakoto. He scored a great goal against Cardiff which for demonstrated a lot of what I want to see in a striker. Sylla requires service where N'Gbakoto and Washington I think have a bit more to their game. Just a thought.
            Have to agree that N'Gbakoto looks a far better option up top with his pace than on the wing. Can't remember him crossing many balls in.

Comment

He's been unlucky in terms of starts and a regular run of matches... half of the issues with Ollie, TINKER TINKER TINKER!!

Top sides play the same 11 week in week out.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
                We could play the same 11 every week but I doubt we'd be a top side...

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                  We could play the same 11 every week but I doubt we'd be a top side...
                  I dont disagree with 'how good we would be', because I dont think we have enough for top 6 right now.

BUT, consistency is key, to which we would easily be better by having some and player playing together regularly. Changing ONLY when needed.

Both years we went up, we had exactly this.

Comment

I dont disagree with 'how good we would be', because I dont think we have enough for top 6 right now.

BUT, consistency is key, to which we would easily be better by having some and player playing together regularly. Changing ONLY when needed.

Both years we went up, we had exactly this.

Agree on consistency but it has to go hand in hand with having a system that they fit to and can understand.

No point having the same 11 every week but Washington up front on his own for example.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                      Dont get why hes so disliked by manager and quite a few supporters.
                      Always looks like hes going to score if you get the ball anywhere near him in the box.
                      This

Comment

Agreed on this but I disagree about your earlier comments re Sylla.

He might not be able to link up well with Smith (who in my view should be a sub brought on for the last 30 mins or so), but why should he have to win headers to flick on for Washington, they could just play the ball to feet?
                        As for the formations, as long as the wide players put in decent crosses Sylla looks likely to score (as seen in the video).

Comment

He's been unlucky in terms of starts and a regular run of matches... half of the issues with Ollie, TINKER TINKER TINKER!!

He hasn't played recently as a starter because Smith is preferred.
                          Their stats are:
                          Sylla has 10 goals in 32 apps (18 as a sub)
                          Smith 2 in 16 (7 as a sub)

Go figure what Ollie was thinking.

Comment

He hasn't played recently as a starter because Smith is preferred.
                            Their stats are:
                            Sylla has 10 goals in 32 apps (18 as a sub)
                            Smith 2 in 16 (7 as a sub)

Go figure what Ollie was thinking.
                            The man is a half-wit. Washington's scoring rate is 1 in 7. Neither he nor Smith should be anywhere near the first team. They are both as weak as p.iss - a relegation frontline. Sylla has to stay. Perhaps Holloway should try managing him rather than coating him publicly.

Comment

He might not be able to link up well with Smith (who in my view should be a sub brought on for the last 30 mins or so), but why should he have to win headers to flick on for Washington, they could just play the ball to feet?
                              Have you seen Sylla link up well with anyone via head or feet? Personally haven't seen him do this part of his game that often, hence why I think he is best played as a lone striker
                              Last edited by Shepherds Mush; 10-05-2017, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post
                                Washington's scoring rate is 1 in 7. Neither he nor Smith should be anywhere near the first team. They are both as weak as p.iss - a relegation frontline.
                                Washington had a spell of something like 4 in 6 games when he was played in his proper position for full.

Problem was that he could only have played a full 90 minutes once after that spell.....for some reason.

Comment

Working...
                                X