No announcement yet.

Holloway wants two more transfer windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem is we've got morons employing morons.

Comment

Well meaning morons but yes

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
        Don't Be ridiculous mate they won't be able to move around on the pitch for all the toys that have been thrown out of the prams. Don't you know that we demand this situation to be resolved immediately?
        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Don't Be ridiculous mate they won't be able to move around on the pitch for all the toys that have been thrown out of the prams. Don't you know that we demand this situation to be resolved immediately?
          Greg. Watford changed gaffers three times in one season and got promoted. I don't seriously believe you think Olly is the future. This is 2017.

How long and under what circs are you prepared to tolerate failure on the pitch and increasingly nuts behaviour off it? And that's just the gaffer..........
          Last edited by hal9thou; 08-05-2017, 04:20 PM. Reason: browser######

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
            Greg. Watford changed gaffers three times in one season and got promoted. I don't seriously believe you think Olly is the future. This is 2017.

How long and under what circs are you prepared to tolerate failure on the pitch and increasingly nuts behaviour off it? And that's just the gaffer..........
            It was a bit tongue in cheek to be honest mate. I like Ollie and yeah the romantic idea of him coming back here and sorting this mess out probably clouds my judgement on him from time to time but this is how I see things.....ok, there is no way on this planet any manager worth their salt will work under Ferdinand as DOF. End of. Is tony actually ever going to learn how t run a football club and stop having his pants pulled down thus removing the ridiculous DOF role and handing sole control to a manager to do his thing?? .......imho no. Until something changes at high level then I'm afraid this is probably the best we can hope for so why not just get behind Ollie? I promise you that if we make a change now and the new guy comes in we will all be having the same tired, boring conversations come October. Ok I'll take the Watford example but they had the nucleus of a very good side......we don't. How many other t and gain success from swapping managers every 5 minutes until something happens. It's costly and frankly a bit embarrassing. How many sides have struggled and then over time improved because they have stuck to their guns and not #### their pants at the first sign of trouble. All I'm saying is I think he should be given some time. If we are 15 games into next season and nothing has changed believe me I will be the first to hold my hands up and admit to being wrong. Who are we REALISTICALLY going to change him for anyway? Given the fact we're a small club surrounded by some very big clubs in a tough division with no money? I just think some people need a reality check, we are not an attractive proposition at the moment and may not be again for a very long time. I understand people's frustration I really do I'm as passionate about qpr as anyone I just think the time for erratic behaviour and changing every few months has to stop and some form of stability brought to this mad house

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
              Greg. Watford changed gaffers three times in one season and got promoted.
              Completely different situation - Watford were hardly struggling in the Championship and none of them were sackings from the Board.

Sannino resigned when they were 2nd because of unhappy players (!), Garcia resigned because he was ill and left them in 4th, McKinlay took over for 2 games and stepped down when they were 3rd to let in Jokanovic who took them up.

Comment

It was a bit tongue in cheek to be honest mate. I like Ollie and yeah the romantic idea of him coming back here and sorting this mess out probably clouds my judgement on him from time to time but this is how I see things.....ok, there is no way on this planet any manager worth their salt will work under Ferdinand as DOF. End of. Is tony actually ever going to learn how t run a football club and stop having his pants pulled down thus removing the ridiculous DOF role and handing sole control to a manager to do his thing?? .......imho no. Until something changes at high level then I'm afraid this is probably the best we can hope for so why not just get behind Ollie? I promise you that if we make a change now and the new guy comes in we will all be having the same tired, boring conversations come October. Ok I'll take the Watford example but they had the nucleus of a very good side......we don't. How many other t and gain success from swapping managers every 5 minutes until something happens. It's costly and frankly a bit embarrassing. How many sides have struggled and then over time improved because they have stuck to their guns and not #### their pants at the first sign of trouble. All I'm saying is I think he should be given some time. If we are 15 games into next season and nothing has changed believe me I will be the first to hold my hands up and admit to being wrong. Who are we REALISTICALLY going to change him for anyway? Given the fact we're a small club surrounded by some very big clubs in a tough division with no money? I just think some people need a reality check, we are not an attractive proposition at the moment and may not be again for a very long time. I understand people's frustration I really do I'm as passionate about qpr as anyone I just think the time for erratic behaviour and changing every few months has to stop and some form of stability brought to this mad house
                Tony and co employed a DOF because they were constantly having their pants pulled down by managers (and more importantly - agents). The problem is, they have (allegedly) bypassed the DOF on several big decisions, for example, appointing Holloway due to fan pressure on twitter.....

Comment

Originally posted by maverick69 View Post
                  Tony and co employed a DOF because they were constantly having their pants pulled down by managers (and more importantly - agents). The problem is, they have (allegedly) bypassed the DOF on several big decisions, for example, appointing Holloway due to fan pressure on twitter.....
                  True, isn't it?

The answer for me is to thanks Les for the infrastructure he's put in place and to send him on his way. Likewise to Ollie, Birch, Fleming etc. Then hire a strong manager and leave Lee Hoos in charge of everything financial.

Problem is Tony wouldn't know a strong manager if he tripped over one!

Comment

Talking absolute ###### again. Thought this was why we brought in Ferdinand? so we didn't have to keep buying new squads every time we hire a new manager. Les already signed about 30 players since he's been here, another 2 transfer windows? Clubs a mess.

Comment

Why does he need 2 transfer windows? To get him to the end of his contract? We all have opinions on individuals, but overall, I'm not sure we all think that all of the current squad is useless do we? 2 good goalkeepers, fans are 50/50 on Onouha, Hall 's good in the right position, there's a player in Lynch I think, is there a realistic upgrade we can get on our budget? Of the full/wing backs, Furlong was adored for a while, Perch usually does the job asked of him, Bidwell, limited but decent within his limits, Robinson has looked goodish but can't get a game. Then in midfield, there's Pavel, Luongo, Freeman, Manning, Lualua, Yeni, Ravel - any of those could go to a side further up the table than us, then up front Washington Smith and Sylla, all different but have goals in them. Sure we could get in better players (if available, in budget etc), but I am certain we could also do hugely better with the squad we currently have. So whose fault is that?
                      And the only guy (other than Holloway) who should be shown the door is offered a contract extension. I was not a fan of Ollie as a player when he and Barker clogged around in midfield. How Impey and Trev did so well with the crap service from those two I'll never know, but that's a different story. When he replaced JFH I was "meh" but then we went on a brilliant run and I was delighted to be wrong. But in the end, luck is temporary and lack of class is permanent...

We now have a manager who, from what he says in public, I think likes to treat his players like he treats his children. While sometimes it's hard to believe, these are young men, not children, and need to be treated like individuals, just like any workforce. But having infantalised them, he's sucked all the initiative out of them. And then he manages to withdraw the very things that children must have - structure and routine. He's replaced it with tinkering, and they're lost. So, erm, anyway, I think I'm saying Holloway Out.

Comment

Originally posted by QCR View Post
                        Then in midfield, there's Pavel, Luongo, Freeman, Manning, Lualua, Yeni, Ravel
                        Wheres the break-up play / tackling, ball-winner in that lot?

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                          Wheres the break-up play / tackling, ball-winner in that lot?
                          This seasons one had a row with ollie.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                            This seasons one had a row with ollie.
                            Or got home-sick

Comment

Originally posted by QCR View Post
                              Why does he need 2 transfer windows?
                              Good question. We need CB, RB and DM. Shouldn't be too hard to find this summer.

Comment

At the beginning of his tenure and after the mini run Ollie was reasonably happy and thought squad just needed a little tweaking.

Now it has gone to pot needs overhaul across two transfer windows!

Couldn't make it up. Please Tony get rid of the clown. With a proper manager could do well. With Ollie think some players will leave, we will struggle to attract others and likely face another mess of a season next time around.

Comment

Working...
                                X