The whole sorry mess...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The whole sorry mess...

If you were appointed CEO where would you start?

Would you blame Les, Lee or Tony?

Obvious choices by look at the last 15 odd years before you grab that stone. Apart from one appointment and one lucky season nothing really has changed. When Ollie came last time we were already on our ass. He got us relegated and then promoted. Sure we had club spirit but we were even then suffering the premiership hangover.

After Ollies ousting we then went on a journey to nowhere (apart from a nice footballing period under Decanio)

We were going from manager to manager under gianni and then Flávio. We were lucky that amit chose an obvious choice (warnock at a bankrupt Palace)

We got up despite the boards surprise and then a bad decision (in hindsight) began the rot anew.

Tony really isn't anymore to blame than anyone else previously and foolhardilly spent hud own cash on a dream.

Les is in truth is no more at fault than others before him.

No one has managed to halt the unspecific cause of the malaise at the club.

We all know something is wrong but looking back what is the cause?

Managers? We have had some of the best but they failed.
    Players? We had had quality players,who too have failed.

What should our next step be? Personally I no longer have a scooby.

I think Les has done well with signings but not that well with appointments of managers (although the backroom has improved immensely so I don't really know what to think there). I don't blame Tony because he's actually taken advice and taken a back seat to let the other people do the football work, while he funds us the right way (January is an example of the right way). I don't blame Lee because I think he's done a good job fixing our finances. I blame the people at the forefront who've let these 3 down, more so than I blame the three themselves.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Get rid of the lot start again with a manager that brings in his own players don't need a DOF.

Comment

[QUOTE=nasser95;1624559]I think Les has done well with signingsQUOTE]

Name 5 players Ferdinand has signed who you could consider a success? I'd give you Smithies, Sylla, Manning, and occasionally Wszolek. I'm scratching my head for names after that though. He's been a disaster in every respect.

Comment

[QUOTE=surrey_hoop;1624597]
          Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          I think Les has done well with signingsQUOTE]

Name 5 players Ferdinand has signed who you could consider a success? I'd give you Smithies, Sylla, Manning, and occasionally Wszolek. I'm scratching my head for names after that though. He's been a disaster in every respect.
          Bidwell, Smithies, Pawel, Freeman, Smith, Washington has come good, Sylla, Chery, Manning, Hall, Ingram, Luongo,

Comment

[QUOTE=nanocopic;1624608]
            Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post

Bidwell, Smithies, Pawel, Freeman, Smith, Washington has come good, Sylla, Chery, Manning, Hall, Ingram, Luongo,
            bidwell is avarage, freeman was recommended by penrice says holloway, smith? if you like puntball, washington is shyte. how many games to goals ratio? i will give you sylla but he is not getting a look in now and will be farked of f in the summer, manning avarage plus harry signed him didnt he? give you hall,

ingram, only seen him play once and that was in the cup, parrying the ball straight into the back of perches head and into the goal, cannot call him a good buy without more proof.

luongo is a one half player,

as for gladwin, jet, el kyati , polter etc etc lets not mention those.

sorry to rip the arshole out of your post mate.... just my personal opinion.
            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

[QUOTE=Hitman34;1624639]
              Originally posted by nanocopic View Post

bidwell is avarage, freeman was recommended by penrice says holloway, smith? if you like puntball, washington is shyte. how many games to goals ratio? i will give you sylla but he is not getting a look in now and will be farked of f in the summer, manning avarage plus harry signed him didnt he? give you hall,

ingram, only seen him play once and that was in the cup, parrying the ball straight into the back of perches head and into the goal, cannot call him a good buy without more proof.

luongo is a one half player,

as for gladwin, jet, el kyati , polter etc etc lets not mention those.

sorry to rip the arshole out of your post mate.... just my personal opinion.
              Hall, Freeman, Chery, Polter, Luongo, Ingram, Pawel are all players who have been sold or could be sold at a good profit right now imo. That to me means they've improved since being here and are also considered successful in their time here.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

If anyone had the answer we would not be where we are, we are in no man's land going nowhere, every one from the top of the club down wants us to do well but it just ain't happening

Comment

Working...
                X