What would you do for next season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you do for next season?

No sacking anyone, we have to start off as we are today... what would you do?

We have some good players in the squad, we know that. When we bring in new players, they need to be players that can fit in and work with the strengths of the players we've already got, that's what's been missing all these years. Don't buy any player and hope he just fits in.

We need a squad that can work as a team and know what the other will do next, basically, good at reading the game. At the moment it seems they have no idea who to pass to, or when to make a run most of the time. Sometimes they do look really good, we just don't know which team will turn up?

Start with the defence because that needs working on the most.

Defence, defensive midfielder and one winger is all we need I think.

Comment

I'm thinking I might take up watching rugby!

Comment

I personally feel like we are desperate for a striker.

Washington still progressing, not sure whether he is up to the job yet or ever.

Smith on his own is not good enough but with the right partner could do some damage.

Personally I think Sylla has 15 goals in him over the course of a season but Ollie doesnt seem to agree.

If I had it my way I would start Sylla on his own away from home and at home in a partnership with someone like Omar Bogle or Tammy Abraham (Unrealistic I know). Smith to be used as an impact sub when we need to go route one.

Comment

I don't think we can 'do' anything.

We could have the best striker in the country but the problem is if you have a crap manager leading him it won't work.

Disastrous appointment.

Comment

We can talk about new players (again) but it changes nothing. Time to coach for a change. Start by settling on 1 formation, your best side and get them bloody organised.

Comment

a new cb, leader in midfield and jason cummings

Comment

New fullbacks without a doubt, plus a proper goal scorer. Them 3 as a minimum. Also a decent left winger
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

furlong , bidwell and robinson replace all 3 , to weak in midfield , smith to slow and his style of play is dated and predictable , wash and sylla league 1 at best , holloway now coming out with excuses , excuses , there's a lot of work needed doing from now to august

Comment

Well I'm definitely going to drink more.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                      I don't think we can 'do' anything.

We could have the best striker in the country but the problem is if you have a crap manager leading him it won't work.

Disastrous appointment.

Agreed and not only is he a crap manager but a crap coach to boot.

A good example is the porous defense. Lets compare him with our former manager Redknapp. He took over a poor Birmingham side that was conceding goals galore including 4 to QPR. He managed to get them to keep 2 clean sheets including today against a team who scored 3 against QPR a couple of weeks ago.
                      In short, he is dreadful.

So to think that signing & shifting out a few players will make much difference, think again.

Comment

Go to a desert island and draw faces on footballs and build a goal and kick the balls into the goal every Saturday for 46 weeks and win 11-0 every time and get promoted with the highest points total in history.

Comment

Ok if cannot sack him today I would put my feet up and sack him tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            Ok if cannot sack him today I would put my feet up and sack him tomorrow
                            He has been given ten games at least.

I didn't mention anything about gardening leave thought!

Comment

Washington is not progressing. 1 goal per 7 games is relegation standard. We got mugged off paying £3m for an average Div 1 player.

Comment

Working...
                              X