Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We want instant success and we want it now?:)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
    Damage was not done before Ollie walked in. At no time did we lose 6 games on the spin, let alone twice in 4 months. Under JFH this season we lost 7 games in total. Under Ollie we lost 18 in total. Now in league games only JFH P16 W5 D5 L6 Ollie P30 W10 D3 L17.
    And as if Ollie can't do his job because people on this board are complaining. We are not hindering him at all.
    The point of changing managers is because the current one is not getting enough wins or plays a "wrong" style of play that is hindering the squad. Ollie is doing both. You say any other manager would struggle here. Well i dissagree. If the likes of Gary Monk can take Leeds from one end of the table to the other in a season and David Wagner can do the same for Huddersfield. Jaap Stam at Reading too and while we're there Slavisa Jokanovic at Fulham too has done the same. All of these teams have played good passing football this season and have had good success with it. While Holloway last week spoke about how we need to pass the ball like Brentford and that he would have time during pre-season to impiment that. WHYhas he not got the team doing it within 30 league games. What will he change in 6 weeks that he couldn't do in 6 months. He has continually let the defence play over the top of the midfield and the midfield themdelves can hardly string 3 passes together or keep the ball. Let alone multiple changes every game and wacky substitutions too that make no sense. I'm sorry but he has proved he is not up to the job. Get rid now before he does more damage and get a manager in of the likes of those mentioned above who will work with the players and improve them, getting them playing good passing football.
    Top post jeff

Comment

Damage was not done before Ollie walked in. At no time did we lose 6 games on the spin, let alone twice in 4 months. Under JFH this season we lost 7 games in total. Under Ollie we lost 18 in total. Now in league games only JFH P16 W5 D5 L6 Ollie P30 W10 D3 L17.
      And as if Ollie can't do his job because people on this board are complaining. We are not hindering him at all.
      The point of changing managers is because the current one is not getting enough wins or plays a "wrong" style of play that is hindering the squad. Ollie is doing both. You say any other manager would struggle here. Well i dissagree. If the likes of Gary Monk can take Leeds from one end of the table to the other in a season and David Wagner can do the same for Huddersfield. Jaap Stam at Reading too and while we're there Slavisa Jokanovic at Fulham too has done the same. All of these teams have played good passing football this season and have had good success with it. While Holloway last week spoke about how we need to pass the ball like Brentford and that he would have time during pre-season to impiment that. WHYhas he not got the team doing it within 30 league games. What will he change in 6 weeks that he couldn't do in 6 months. He has continually let the defence play over the top of the midfield and the midfield themdelves can hardly string 3 passes together or keep the ball. Let alone multiple changes every game and wacky substitutions too that make no sense. I'm sorry but he has proved he is not up to the job. Get rid now before he does more damage and get a manager in of the likes of those mentioned above who will work with the players and improve them, getting them playing good passing football.
      Sadly, have to agree

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
        Didnt monk go about 8 or 9 games without a win or defeats? cant remember exactly, and hadnt they spent quite abit on players?
        In Leeds first 10 league games they had 13 points. Not great but they kicked on and improved. Actually spent quite a bit of the season in the playoffs. And it doesn't matter what he spent. We spent sh1te loads in the premiership with good players being coached badly and failed, so money isn't the issue. The point is that he got them playing well and winning after a bad start. He improved them a great deal on previous form and seasons. Holloway has done the opposite.

Comment

Holloway's record:
          P 30
          W 9
          D 3
          L 18
          3 clean sheets

Absolutely shocking.
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Was undecided for him to go or stay but after another inept embarrasing performance,even allowing for nothing last game,we have gone backwards with little to show that an improvement is on
            the horizon. Even with 3 or 4 new players I cannot see anything to give me hope. Time for LF to realise he has made a mistake with the poor mans Gary Neville.

Comment

If the arguement is Ollie needs more time perhaps same should have applied to JFH, Ramsey and Hughes etc

Just saying

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                Holloway's record:
                P 30
                W 9
                D 3
                L 18
                3 clean sheets

Absolutely shocking.
                If you extrapolate that record out over the course of a full season, you'd be looking at around 40 points - which will get you relegated out of the division comfortably. We are in for a nightmare next season, anybody who says otherwise is quite simply in complete denial.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                  Holloway's record:
                  P 30
                  W 9
                  D 3
                  L 18
                  3 clean sheets

Absolutely shocking.
                  Won 10 Drew 3 Lost 17

Comment

Won 10 Drew 3 Lost 17
                    Still bang average. Actually, that isn't even average. It's shocking.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                      First line jimmy brought in to steady ship, he was brought into get top 6 & was taking us down & why he had to go! stability he was taking us on a fast slope backwards lol

and with arguably better standard players aswell, but hence why we`ve struggled since, apart from our few good wins, but performances even when we lost were good and undeserved! anyway i hope hes still here next season to prove a few wrong hopefully! but if he reads any of these boards and there all like here he`ll probably walk!
                      Mate nass gave you the stats that ollie lost more games in half of the amount as jfh and you state jfh was taking us backwards.
                      What is ollie doing then?
                      Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 07-05-2017, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Jfh Ollie both 2 bob
                        Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Pinkie I actually agree with your sentiments and chopping and changing your manager doesn't build stability, although Southampton and Watford seem to do so. However it just isn't working with Olly, I didn't think it would when he was appointed but I was so hoping it would for both him and us. Not sure who we need right now as not even decent managers seem to get very far with us but whoever it will be, it has to be better than Olly sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                            Pinkie I actually agree with your sentiments and chopping and changing your manager doesn't build stability, although Southampton and Watford seem to do so. However it just isn't working with Olly, I didn't think it would when he was appointed but I was so hoping it would for both him and us. Not sure who we need right now as not even decent managers seem to get very far with us but whoever it will be, it has to be better than Olly sadly.
                            I agree with you Kit that chopping and changing managers normally does little for success. But so does keeping a bad manager in place. Time in a job doesn't mean you will get it right. But there has to be signs of improvement and sadly we have not seen that. Results have gotton worse.
                            Last edited by qprjeff1882; 07-05-2017, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Not sure the op would agree, but I feel Ollie`s temure should be labelled an instant failure....
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

I think (pinkie and a couple of others aside), majority of those that would keep Ollie are thinking that because they don't want another managerial change rather than they actually have faith in him improving us next season. Pretty depressing all round

Comment

Working...
                                X