Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We want instant success and we want it now?:)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
    Honestly unreal on here how many want this instantly! god knows how a manager can build us up with the serious lack of patience on here, any other manager coming in would struggle exactly the same as damage was done before ollie walked in the door! but lets carry on changing managers every half a season cos that method works and great for building for the future!
    You really have missed the point haven't you fella. JFH was brought into to steady the ship and he did, albeit his football wasn't up to the level of entertainment some wanted, even though he kept picking up points. The golden rule in any walk of life is you only change things for the better and no way is Holloway better than JFH, as results, points and league position have shown.

Now I wasn't a JFH fan but if you want stability then he should have been kept and we would have been mid table this year and maybe just maybe, slowey built over the next few years. So to hear you asked for stability when you clearly wanted JFH gone would be laughable, if it's wasn't so sad.

One other thing is this belief that Holloway actually got it right before his tinkering. There were a few fortunate results in his winning run with the vast majority against the poorer teams in the division. If he stays and I think he will, we will be in the exact same position next season and he will be gone by October with the same comical cycle starting all over again.

At least give someone with a reasonable amount of football intelligence a pre-season and a transfer window, rather than burden them with Holloways kick it long recruitment policy.
    Last edited by rickyranger; 07-05-2017, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
      You really have missed the point haven't you fella. JFH was brought into to steady the ship and he did, albeit his football wasn't as up to the level of entertainment some wanted, even though he kept picking up points. The golden rule in any walk of life is you only change things for the better and no way is Holloway better than JFH, as results, points and league position have shown.

Now I wasn't a JFH fan but if you want stability then he should have been kept and we would have been mid table this year and maybe just maybe, slowey built over the next few years. So to hear you asked for stability when you clearly wanted JFH would be laughable, if it's wasn't so sad.

One other thing is this belief that Holloway actually got it right before his tinkering. There were a few fortunate results in his winning run with the vast majority against the poorer teams in the division. If he stays and I think he will, we will be in the exact same position next season and he will be gone by October with the same comical cycle starting all over again.

At least give someone with a reasonable amount of football intelligence a pre-season and a transfer window, rather than burden them with Holloways kick it long recruitment policy.

First line jimmy brought in to steady ship, he was brought into get top 6 & was taking us down & why he had to go! stability he was taking us on a fast slope backwards lol

and with arguably better standard players aswell, but hence why we`ve struggled since, apart from our few good wins, but performances even when we lost were good and undeserved! anyway i hope hes still here next season to prove a few wrong hopefully! but if he reads any of these boards and there all like here he`ll probably walk!
      Last edited by Pinkie; 07-05-2017, 07:02 PM.
      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

First line jimmy brought in to steady ship, he was brought into get top 6 & was taking us down & why he had to go! stability he was taking us on a fast slope backwards lol
        Sorry fella but you really don't get it, Holloway is taking us down and has a worse record than JFH.

If you honestly think we are better now than at any time than under Holloway you are clearly watching the wrong sport.

Comment

I dont expect instant results..do expect to see some progression in a good style of football and tactics. All bar a little run of results where we picked up a few points,there's not been an ounce of good management. Holloway is a fkin clown n only Qpr would keep someone so inept in their job.

Comment

Sorry fella but you really don't get it, Holloway is taking us down and has a worse record than JFH.

If you honestly think we are better now than at any time than under Holloway you are clearly watching the wrong sport.
            Youre basing youre facts on our poor run after our good run, a reason for it even though it shouldnt of happened, and our other 6 defeats we had look how we was after that with our top form! thats enough for me to have faith plus hes brought some good signings in and unearthed gems like manning, again all thats enough for me to give him next season.

Comment

and with arguably better standard players aswell, but hence why we`ve struggled since, apart from our few good wins, but performances even when we lost were good and undeserved! anyway i hope hes still here next season to prove a few wrong hopefully! but if he reads any of these boards and there all like here he`ll probably walk!
              If you actually look back at when Holloway was appointed the play offs were the target. One thing for sure we are a far removed from those and lucky not to be relegated, real progression that?

Not going to bother discussing it with you further as you are clearly either a relative or have some sort of infactuation with the guy, that or you enjoy is night out stories.

See you next season to eat your humble pie when he starts badely.

Comment

Youre basing youre facts on our poor run after our good run, a reason for it even though it shouldnt of happened, and our other 6 defeats we had look how we was after that with our top form! thats enough for me to have faith plus hes brought some good signings in and unearthed gems like manning, again all thats enough for me to give him next season.
                Sorry couldn't resist, now I know why you think Holloway knows what he's doing you actually think Manning is a gem!!! Average young player who will disappear as quickly as he appeared.

Comment

If you actually look back at when Holloway was appointed the play offs were the target. One thing for sure we are a far removed from those and lucky not to be relegated, real progression that?

Not going to bother discussing it with you further as you are clearly either a relative or have some sort of infactuation with the guy, that or you enjoy is night out stories.

See you next season to eat your humble pie when he starts badely.

Humble pie will be eaten if he does fail the same next season or worse!

Comment

Come on Pinkie, I was happy with IH's appointment and thought despite the losses we were showing some signs of improvement. I don't necessarily want him to go at this point (still debating) but I really don't see how you can be defending what has been going on. Finished 2 points off being relegated

Comment

Damage was not done before Ollie walked in. At no time did we lose 6 games on the spin, let alone twice in 4 months. Under JFH this season we lost 7 games in total. Under Ollie we lost 18 in total. Now in league games only JFH P16 W5 D5 L6 Ollie P30 W10 D3 L17.
                      And as if Ollie can't do his job because people on this board are complaining. We are not hindering him at all.
                      The point of changing managers is because the current one is not getting enough wins or plays a "wrong" style of play that is hindering the squad. Ollie is doing both. You say any other manager would struggle here. Well i dissagree. If the likes of Gary Monk can take Leeds from one end of the table to the other in a season and David Wagner can do the same for Huddersfield. Jaap Stam at Reading too and while we're there Slavisa Jokanovic at Fulham too has done the same. All of these teams have played good passing football this season and have had good success with it. While Holloway last week spoke about how we need to pass the ball like Brentford and that he would have time during pre-season to impiment that. WHYhas he not got the team doing it within 30 league games. What will he change in 6 weeks that he couldn't do in 6 months. He has continually let the defence play over the top of the midfield and the midfield themdelves can hardly string 3 passes together or keep the ball. Let alone multiple changes every game and wacky substitutions too that make no sense. I'm sorry but he has proved he is not up to the job. Get rid now before he does more damage and get a manager in of the likes of those mentioned above who will work with the players and improve them, getting them playing good passing football.

Comment

Sorry couldn't resist, now I know why you think Holloway knows what he's doing you actually think Manning is a gem!!! Average young player who will disappear as quickly as he appeared.
                        And abit of humble pie to you too if one or both calls are proven wrong rick?!

Comment

Originally posted by uptheR's View Post
                          Come on Pinkie, I was happy with IH's appointment and thought despite the losses we were showing some signs of improvement. I don't necessarily want him to go at this point (still debating) but I really don't see how you can be defending what has been going on. Finished 2 points off being relegated
                          I havnt defended him on changing the squad etc at all, think hes a plum for not 100% making sure the season was safe from going down, but like said before i even thought we was well safe after the rotherham game tbh, but im not defending stupid decisions hes made at all mate, just hope hes really learnt from them for next season if hes still here!

Comment

I keep hearing we was on a great run before tinkering it was 4 blinking games and one was Rotherham.

Sorry Holloway is the David Brent of football talks a lot confuses people nobody has a clue but in his mind he a frigging genius

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                              Damage was not done before Ollie walked in. At no time did we lose 6 games on the spin, let alone twice in 4 months. Under JFH this season we lost 7 games in total. Under Ollie we lost 18 in total. Now in league games only JFH P16 W5 D5 L6 Ollie P30 W10 D3 L17.
                              And as if Ollie can't do his job because people on this board are complaining. We are not hindering him at all.
                              The point of changing managers is because the current one is not getting enough wins or plays a "wrong" style of play that is hindering the squad. Ollie is doing both. You say any other manager would struggle here. Well i dissagree. If the likes of Gary Monk can take Leeds from one end of the table to the other in a season and David Wagner can do the same for Huddersfield. Jaap Stam at Reading too and while we're there Slavisa Jokanovic at Fulham too has done the same. All of these teams have played good passing football this season and have had good success with it. While Holloway last week spoke about how we need to pass the ball like Brentford and that he would have time during pre-season to impiment that. WHYhas he not got the team doing it within 30 league games. What will he change in 6 weeks that he couldn't do in 6 months. He has continually let the defence play over the top of the midfield and the midfield themdelves can hardly string 3 passes together or keep the ball. Let alone multiple changes every game and wacky substitutions too that make no sense. I'm sorry but he has proved he is not up to the job. Get rid now before he does more damage and get a manager in of the likes of those mentioned above who will work with the players and improve them, getting them playing good passing football.
                              Didnt monk go about 8 or 9 games without a win or defeats? cant remember exactly, and hadnt they spent quite abit on players?

Comment

But surely if he had a clue what he was doing (again, I'm still debating) he would be picking a team to win each and every game, not ####ing about each week with 5 or 6 changes and at least 3 different formations per game. I really want him to do well, but can we trust him with the whole pre season and transfer window, or just get shot now? I'm really torn

Comment

Working...
                                X