Championship football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    There's some data to back the fact that the only noticeable difference between championship and conference football is fitness effects. Watching how teams play, it's not surprising to be honest.
    And half the problems are teams afraid to lose and playing like jimmyfloyd which is killing what footballs supposed to be like, losing flair and talent cos it!
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      Agree OP this is a woeful league. Why so many wanted us relegated from Prem for this baffles me

Surely relegation battle in Prem trumps Relegation battle in the championship watching Burton, Rotherham, Wigan or Barnsley etc
      Totally agree about this league westy, but what baffles me even more when a few on here go on about ollie not being upto it as footballs moved on lol, what a load of tosh, its got worse and just a boring game of chess instead of just having a go and playing with flair!

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
        And half the problems are teams afraid to lose and playing like jimmyfloyd which is killing what footballs supposed to be like, losing flair and talent cos it!
        Agree mate
        Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
          Totally agree about this league westy, but what baffles me even more when a few on here go on about ollie not being upto it as footballs moved on lol, what a load of tosh, its got worse and just a boring game of chess instead of just having a go and playing with flair!
          What most people get frustrated about, but don't voice it in my opinion, is that Oliie CAN do it. But seemingly, he sabotages himself. He probably doesn't have the nouse to make us a top 10 Prem team, but does have the ability to get us playing football again, and certainly get us out of this league, if he sticks to what works.

Unfortunately, this league is about battling, there ain't much room for flair, or if there is we don;t have the players to do it, bar Freeman perhaps, too early to tell. We are forced down into the trenches with everyone else.

Comment

Any League player that shows the slightest bit of promise has his head turned as is paid obscene amounts of money to rot and eventually disappear in a Prem team U23s.
            Occasionally a few scraps are thrown out on loan for one season.This is part of the reason the standard is getting worse. The standard of refereeing doesn't allow any freeflowing games either.
            Seen a better standard of officials in park football.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
              What most people get frustrated about, but don't voice it in my opinion, is that Oliie CAN do it. But seemingly, he sabotages himself. He probably doesn't have the nouse to make us a top 10 Prem team, but does have the ability to get us playing football again, and certainly get us out of this league, if he sticks to what works.

Unfortunately, this league is about battling, there ain't much room for flair, or if there is we don;t have the players to do it, bar Freeman perhaps, too early to tell. We are forced down into the trenches with everyone else.

I agree to a extent about ollie, but hope he sticks to the good things as he definately can do well! as for flair players, they dont get picked out when young as clubs were going for the more athletic athletes than flair, not sure if its still going on but by watching some games id say it is, the amount of footballers that cant even control a ball or worse cant kick with both feets astounding tbh! even michael owen was guilty of that one

Small flair players alluding to btw!
              Last edited by Pinkie; 06-05-2017, 01:19 PM.

Comment

I disagree. I think there is a lot of quality in this league, on the pitch and on the sidelines. Some managers down here that should really be in the Premier League. Wolves signed someone for 16 million for example. Bristol City are offering millions for strikers. I would argue that the league is the best it has been in a very long time, and it more like a Premier League 2 rather than a fitter version of the Conference.

Look how much money is being thrown around in this league, Derby, Newcastle, Villa etc all spending mass amounts and only one has done well. Very few teams play hoof ball and a lot of teams have players that will beat a man.

Sorry to go against the grain but every season on here people say this is the worst championship in years and it clearly isn't. Gone are the days of League 1 coming up and being mid table. Now if they come up, they go back down within 2 years.

Comment

Before Ollie started tinkering with his team, we didn`t play that bad ourselves, imo.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                    Before Ollie started tinkering with his team, we didn`t play that bad ourselves, imo.
                    Yep, we had a good little thing going before Ollie started going bonkers with the team selection

Comment

I think our finishing position flatters us tbh.

Comment

Flatters us how?
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                          I think our finishing position flatters us tbh.
                          As bad as we have been for the most part, I think that is stretching it a bit, bearing in mind those below us.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                            As bad as we have been for the most part, I think that is stretching it a bit, bearing in mind those below us.
                            Agree.

As crap as we are, 16th to 20th in the league is a fair reflection of our season.
                            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                              Flatters us how?
                              in comparison with other years..... which was what the thread was originally about........

Comment

Working...
                              X