Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017/18 Transfer rumour and twitter thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    Surely we wouldn't be that daft.

To be honest, as much as I'd hate to lose him, I think we should sell Smithies. He's too good for our current set up, his stock is high after a great season, he has a long contract (meaning we can command a decent fee) and he's still young enough to have a career at the highest level. I doubt we'll get a better price at any other time than this transfer window. Plus we have a keeper that is at about the right level for our current set up warming the bench, and probably getting itchy feet.
    We wouldn't let both go I'm sure

I would let Smithies go. Buy low sell high instead of buy high sell very low. Makes much more sense!

As clear cut as that philosophy is, I would suggest a relegation battle would be much more likely without Smithies.
    My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

• Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
      We wouldn't let both go I'm sure

I would let Smithies go. Buy low sell high instead of buy high sell very low. Makes much more sense!

As clear cut as that philosophy is, I would suggest a relegation battle would be much more likely without Smithies.
      This is true, but that on it's own is not a reason to ignore what makes good business sense. In the past we've missed numerous golden opportunities to sell players at their highest value, and have ended up losing them a season later for a fraction of what we could have had. Given the tight purse strings we are operating with at the moment, we can't afford to do it with Smithies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Norths View Post
        DM reckons teams are showing an interest in Ingram
        DM ??

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
          DM ??
          Dave McIntyre

Comment

This is true, but that on it's own is not a reason to ignore what makes good business sense. In the past we've missed numerous golden opportunities to sell players at their highest value, and have ended up losing them a season later for a fraction of what we could have had. Given the tight purse strings we are operating with at the moment, we can't afford to do it with Smithies.
            Very true. Still annoyed about the Austin situation and gambling on promotion with him in the team. We could have got £10m ish more if we sold him in the summer I think?

Plus if we did get relegated (like most are saying we already are) with Smithies in the team, his value would decrease.
            My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Very true. Still annoyed about the Austin situation and gambling on promotion with him in the team. We could have got £10m ish more if we sold him in the summer I think?

Plus if we did get relegated (like most are saying we already are) with Smithies in the team, his value would decrease.
              Leicester offered 12m in 1 lump for Austin mate. 6 months later, we let him go to Southampton for a 3rd of that amount.

Comment

NOBODY wanted Chaz to leave....

Comment

Dave McIntyre
                  The same journalist who said that one of Borosiuk was homesick? That was not true.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
                    NOBODY wanted Chaz to leave....
                    Not sure that's true. I think most thought he was worth more than the highest bid we'd received for him. Nobody wanted to see him go for as little as he did a few months later though.

Ain't just Austin though, we could have sold Taarabt to PSG for upwards 15m quid the summer after our promotion. Yeah, the fans wouldn't have been happy, but having read Warnock's autobiography and understanding the level of unprofessionalism that Taarabt was operating with, we should have took the money and run.

Going back before that, we absolutely had our pants pulled down on Trevor Sinclair. Sold him a season earlier and it would have been a very different story.
                    Last edited by Tarbie; 20-07-2017, 01:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
                      The same journalist who said that one of Borosiuk was homesick? That was not true.
                      I'm certianly not saying he's the Oracle Shania. The bloke is wrong as often as he's right. I was just confirming that was who the previous poster was referring to when he said DM.

Comment

Leicester offered 12m in 1 lump for Austin mate. 6 months later, we let him go to Southampton for a 3rd of that amount.
                        That is correct,well it was reported that we turned down £12 million from Leicester, but that backfired so badly on us

Comment

Not sure that's true. I think most thought he was worth more than the highest bid we'd received for him. Nobody wanted to see him go for as little as he did a few months later though.

Ain't just Austin though, we could have sold Taarabt to PSG for upwards 15m quid the summer after our promotion. Yeah, the fans wouldn't have been happy, but having read Warnock's autobiography and understanding the level of unprofessionalism that Taarabt was operating with, we should have took the money and run.

Going back before that, we absolutely had our pants pulled down on Trevor Sinclair. Sold him a season earlier and it would have been a very different story.
                          not so sure about some of that... i think taarabt to psg fell apart as soon as psg met up with him and saw how he was - i'm sure tango and cash would have happily pocketed whatever they could hae for him. also, i'm not sure austin would have gone to leicester in any case - think he wanted somewhere london and south from that, established prem club (yes, leicester ended up winning the league... but more-or-less everyone thought they'd be in a relegation scrap).

Comment

• Originally posted by klonk View Post
                            not so sure about some of that... i think taarabt to psg fell apart as soon as psg met up with him and saw how he was - i'm sure tango and cash would have happily pocketed whatever they could hae for him. also, i'm not sure austin would have gone to leicester in any case - think he wanted somewhere london and south from that, established prem club (yes, leicester ended up winning the league... but more-or-less everyone thought they'd be in a relegation scrap).
                            Fair enough.

You might have a point on Adel. I'm sure that Austin deal would have happened though, if we'd told him we wanted him to go. Chaz could have been a Premier League winner if it had.......imagine that!

Comment

• Originally posted by klonk View Post
                              Taarabt claims that PSG weren't prepared to meet his 17m release clause in this article.

http://www.espnfc.com/italian-serie-...ve-hit-me-hard

Comment

I think everyone wanted promotion and everyone (maybe 80% then) felt with Austin we would achieve it again.

As for Adel to PSG, Christ, his agent did spout a lot of sh1t, but that move was never on.

Comment

Working...
                                X