Read 'em and weep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read 'em and weep

5 months on from this article and what has changed? http://www.westlondonsport.com/featu...d-three-things

Very little, if anything, from what I can see. The likes of Dave Mac here and Clive in his latest are still highlighting all the warning signs. Some will view them as being negative, yes. But aren't they just being realistic and calling it how it is? The likes of Lee Cook might disagree, so who is right? They can't all be. Personally I would rather be a realist than have my head in the sand but I still want that opinion to be as informed as possible, and who really does know best over what's happening behind the scenes at our club? Listening to Cookie and reading Clive and Dave Mac's writings there still remain more questions than answers it appears. Now Lee has hung his boots up I imagine he'll be spending more time down at The Crown. I wonder if his views would be as sanitised there as they are on The Loftcast. I said probably not on the other thread but who knows. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The above article should be read by anyone with a declared interest, at least.

Impossible to compare. Brentford starting looking for a new stadium years ago, at least before 2008.

Young and hungry, youth system etc all that takes time, and again Brentford have been doing this for years due to financial limitations. For every unearthed star, there will be 10 others who dont fulfill their potential. You only hear about the stars and think, wow why cant we have that. The reality is we have been trying for what - 12/18 months? Fans are the most impatient people around but give it 5 years and lets see how we get on.

That article was 6 months and very little can be changed in such a short time frame.

Comment

I don't think you'll get many too agree Stan it seems there's too many on here that find comfort in apathy

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
        Impossible to compare. Brentford starting looking for a new stadium years ago, at least before 2008.

Young and hungry, youth system etc all that takes time, and again Brentford have been doing this for years due to financial limitations. For every unearthed star, there will be 10 others who dont fulfill their potential. You only hear about the stars and think, wow why cant we have that. The reality is we have been trying for what - 12/18 months? Fans are the most impatient people around but give it 5 years and lets see how we get on.

That article was 6 months and very little can be changed in such a short time frame.
        What was the point of us having a youth and under twenty one system then ? Us being considered a bigger and more progressive club we should have been a more attractive proposition to young talent locally yes ! so obviously we was not doing as well as Brentford

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post

The club have lead us to believe it's been a lot longer than that.

The chairman has been demanding that for over 6 years. New scouting programs were put in place going back to the Mike Rigg era.

And the latest DoF arrived 2.5 years ago.

Otherwise fair points Jeems.

Comment

Working...
          X