Ollie is the right man for QPR - Lee Cook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
    Really Norths never thought you'd be joining the negativity. Really think next season is gonna make some look very silly and this kind of post in particular
    Would love you to be right but sadly very unlikely.

Comment

Holloway brought in for playoffs give over. Sir Alex wouldn't even have achieved that so don't be ridiculous
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Ollie might not be the best man for the job all being even.

But it ain't, there's no one better available, to us. So, yeah that means we stick.

Most other clubs might have sacked him. We are not most other clubs, we require something different at the moment, and Ollie firing on all cylinders for a season, chest beating, is in my opinion exactly what we need. Sort this club out, hand over the reigns when we're ready to jump up, or prove everyone wrong and do it yourself.

Just no more knee jerk appointments, even if Ollie was one. You all buy your beef from the organic butcher or Tesco's? We are at Tesco's at the minute, and it'll be fine for now.

Comment

Holloway brought in for playoffs give over. Sir Alex wouldn't even have achieved that so don't be ridiculous
          Only going by what club said at time. My own hopes/expectations were to steady ship and finish comfortable mid table, say 10th-12th.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
            There were people calling for Warnock's head during our championship winning year so as Jimmy would say....it is what it is
            Haha i suppose its puts things into perspective hearing things like that up and sums up quite a few on here lol
            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
              Only going by what club said at time. My own hopes/expectations were to steady ship and finish comfortable mid table, say 10th-12th.
              Would've been very attainable had we not fell aprt after the international break.

I get that we didn't, and we think we know why. But had our form continued, would've been a rip roaring finish.

Before someone says, 'well, we didn't' - My point is we showed we could.

Comment

and this was unique to QPR? Face it results over a period of circa 30 games do not lie and he inherited a reasonable (not saying outstanding) Championship squad. Don't have stats to hand but can't be too shy of won 10 and lost 20. His remit was to get us up table and challenging. We only just managed to escape relegation!

If he stays hope he does well but most other clubs would just accept they have made a mistake, get rid and try and appoint a decent manager asap.

Havnt seen 73 on here for quite a while, youve not changed youre name have you by any chance?

Comment

Really Norths never thought you'd be joining the negativity. Really think next season is gonna make some look very silly and this kind of post in particular
                  Have my doubts on Ollie but hope it turns out that way, I really do, as it means the club is doing well and that's what we all want

Comment

With bells on

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                      Would've been very attainable had we not fell aprt after the international break.

I get that we didn't, and we think we know why. But had our form continued, would've been a rip roaring finish.

Before someone says, 'well, we didn't' - My point is we showed we could.
                      International break was not peculiar to QPR ...

As I have said circa 30 games, won 10 and lost 20. Not as if we had poor squad. No excuse for that overall record. Seen nothing to suggest Ollie right man and plenty of things to suggest as a manager he has had his time and either needs to hang up his managerial boots or drop down a couple of divisions or more.

Comment

Ok, so Lee Cook must be wrong then and even though he's a QPR fan, us fans here know better.

Mind if I stick on the fence on this one for now?

Comment

As I have said circa 30 games, won 10 and lost 20. Not as if we had poor squad. No excuse for that overall record. Seen nothing to suggest Ollie right man and plenty of things to suggest as a manager he has had his time and either needs to hang up his managerial boots or drop down a couple of divisions or more.

Have to say youre going to look abit silly if we do well next season lol, fingers crossed for you that we struggle to prove you know what youre talking about furtive!

Or should i call you 73 ranger

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                            Ollie might not be the best man for the job all being even.

But it ain't, there's no one better available, to us. So, yeah that means we stick.

Most other clubs might have sacked him. We are not most other clubs, we require something different at the moment, and Ollie firing on all cylinders for a season, chest beating, is in my opinion exactly what we need. Sort this club out, hand over the reigns when we're ready to jump up, or prove everyone wrong and do it yourself.

Just no more knee jerk appointments, even if Ollie was one. You all buy your beef from the organic butcher or Tesco's? We are at Tesco's at the minute, and it'll be fine for now.
                            This is how I look at it.
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

Not it wasn't unique to QPR.

I don't pay much attention to what other teams do, maybe some did better, some worse, some the same. Whatever.

Seems to be consensus from official and unofficial channels that we thought we were safe so went experimenting. We shouldn't have.

It's not a good record, no. Had we stayed with our setup before the break it may well have read the opposite. It didn't but perhaps that has highlighted to all involved how much work is required?

I've seen plenty to suggest he's the right man, for the first time since 2010 QPR managed to play to play some exciting football, if only briefly, we controlled games. Even in playoff winning season the football was rubbish, we relied on Charlie and a lucky Bobby goal to get us success.

Ollie couldn't maintain it and that pisses me off, but not as much as another sacking would.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                                This is how I look at it.
                                So what if you bought your beef and it turned out it had gone off? Would it be 'well I've bought it now so had better eat it'? Ollie has gone off.

Comment

Working...
                                X