Ollie is the right man for QPR - Lee Cook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vespa View Post
    Yes it is ,and its nice you,re coming round to a more positive outlook ! Wish everyone else could do the same , this site is such a miserable place at the moment its untrue.
    It might have something to do with our results and performances on the pitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
      It might have something to do with our results and performances on the pitch.
      but you're willing to disagree with tha fact that results dropped because there was nothing to play for. Most reasonable people are willing to judge holloway on next season.
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I hope Holloway does well next season and we do much better, I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by vespa
          this site is such a miserable place at the moment its untrue.
          There were people calling for Warnock's head during our championship winning year so as Jimmy would say....it is what it is

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
            There were people calling for Warnock's head during our championship winning year so as Jimmy would say....it is what it is
            Idiots
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Maybe the club could provide cyanide pills to any rangers fans with Timmy's opinion on the coming season

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                but you're willing to disagree with tha fact that results dropped because there was nothing to play for. Most reasonable people are willing to judge holloway on next season.
                and this was unique to QPR? Face it results over a period of circa 30 games do not lie and he inherited a reasonable (not saying outstanding) Championship squad. Don't have stats to hand but can't be too shy of won 10 and lost 20. His remit was to get us up table and challenging. We only just managed to escape relegation!

If he stays hope he does well but most other clubs would just accept they have made a mistake, get rid and try and appoint a decent manager asap.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                  and this was unique to QPR? Face it results over a period of circa 30 games do not lie and he inherited a reasonable (not saying outstanding) Championship squad. Don't have stats to hand but can't be too shy of won 10 and lost 20. His remit was to get us up table and challenging. We only just managed to escape relegation!

If he stays hope he does well but most other clubs would just accept they have made a mistake, get rid and try and appoint a decent manager asap.
                  But who will come to us?
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                    But who will come to us?
                    Some will be put off by our managerial changes and other things over last few years. However outside of that we are a financially stable Championship side with a reasonably good squad (at this level) who have ambitions to get to and stay in the Premiership. I would say quite appealing to fair number especially as a London side.

I don't buy this being put off by having a DoF. This is the norm on the continent and frees up the manager to manage the team. A few won't like it admittedly.

As for named possibilities I won't pretend to be able to compile a list but shouldn't be short of options including foreign ones. Other teams manage it why shouldn't we?

My question would be why should we keep Ollie? Sentiment aside he failed in his remit this season and nearly got us relegated as opposed to promoted. Two lots of six defeats on the bounce. Lost about twice as many as he won. Is quite appalling. Failed in his last job too and was then without a managerial job for quite a while. No other team would likely keep him.

Comment

Damn good post this. Sums up everything that needs to be said especialy the last paragraph
                      Some will be put off by our managerial changes and other things over last few years. However outside of that we are a financially stable Championship side with a reasonably good squad (at this level) who have ambitions to get to and stay in the Premiership. I would say quite appealing to fair number especially as a London side.

I don't buy this being put off by having a DoF. This is the norm on the continent and frees up the manager to manage the team. A few won't like it admittedly.

As for named possibilities I won't pretend to be able to compile a list but shouldn't be short of options including foreign ones. Other teams manage it why shouldn't we?

My question would be why should we keep Ollie? Sentiment aside he failed in his remit this season and nearly got us relegated as opposed to promoted. Two lots of six defeats on the bounce. Lost about twice as many as he won. Is quite appalling. Failed in his last job too and was then without a managerial job for quite a while. No other team would likely keep him.

Comment

so should forest sack warburton if they drop today ?
                        Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                          Exactly the names that have been banded about have hardly pulled up any trees. Let's just judge Holloway when we have something to play for. Season just was a nothing one. I don't think I can bare the haters moaning bol locks all summer. If it ain't Washington its Holloway if it ain't Holloway its Sir Les many on here should join chelsc um if they want a completely flat road to drive on.

Comment

Interesting post. Good work.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
                              Interesting post. Good work.
                              Really Norths never thought you'd be joining the negativity. Really think next season is gonna make some look very silly and this kind of post in particular

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                                Warburton has had around 10 games to Ollie's 30. I won't claim to know the ins and outs at Forest to any degree but have a mate who supports them and gather they are a car crash. Also no idea what his remit is. Will he have any money in summer? Squad any good or just as good as league position?

Ollie has had 30 games, reasonable squad and arrived with a view to getting us challenging for play offs. Not exactly worked out to say the least.

Someone pointed out to me the other day in his first spell 12 games without a win. We were on verge of going pop, on way down and had poor squad. I accepted that and hoped for better the following season. This time entirely different. Has fallen flat on his face.

Comment

Working...
                                X