Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can those that back Holloway explain to me how he is going to take us forward?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Norths View Post
    Love Ollie, but was a stupid decision to give him a contract beyond this summer.

For those saying give him a few games going into the new season - you're happy to see him build the squad in his image over the summer? If there really is that much doubt about him then the smart thing would be to get rid, but I doubt the club see it that way.

So les hasn't appointed the managers? Can't put the blame on him and tf. Has to be one or the other.
    Yes sir i am, look at who he brought in during jan, freeman, smith and lualua

Comment

I'm a fan of Holloway but even I have been miffed with his selections and chopping and changing.

But I honestly think there is a deep rooted problem at our club.

How on earth can you have a board willing to back managers year in year out and it constantly failing?

We bring in highly thought of managers and back them and it fails.

We sign decent players and most of them fail to produce their best form.

something is terribly wrong at our club and just sacking Holloway because he hasn't set the world alight isn't going to change anything in my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        Was brief to keep us up??
        Keep seeing this on here but according to club at the time the plan was to get us challenging for promotion. He failed his brief dismally. To say anything else is to rewrite history.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
          After the run of wins that took as back up the table I was really looking forward to next season. Then Olly the tinkerman kicked in. With his endless shuffling of players and (we assume) experimentation, he took the wind out of our sails and the season has ended dismally. Now only the most rose-tinted of optimists (AKA Pinkie) would say that Olly knew what he was doing and had the courage to experiment like that, and that it bodes well for next season. For the rest of us the depressing reality has kicked in that Olly is not a great manager, or even a good manager, he's an occasionally lucky, occasionally astute manager who, like a stopped clock, has to be right some of the time.

It's the inconsistency that is so alarming. As well as his obviously extremely high opinion of his ability. Chest-thumping and badge-kissing are all very well, but without the nous to back that up it sounds hollow. They say empty vessels make most sound, and boy does Olly sound off. Of course, there is the (slim) possibility that Olly will rein in his tinkerman tendencies, bring his best game to the fore and actually achieve a decent run next season. I accept it's not impossible. But we cannot ignore his chequered history; nothing has really changed since the first time round, except he's older and a very tiny bit wiser.

I think our biggest problem is the perception others must have of our club as a shambles. Why would any decent manager want to join us - especially as there's a very tight budget? So it looks like we're stuck with Olly unless by some kind of miracle an upcoming and talented manager in the mould of Eddie Howe appears and replaces him. So I guess we have a season of inconsistency to look forward to and perhaps the hope that if we do finish better, there will be other options available.
          Nail on head generally. In terms of how club is perceived agree but we have stable ownership and squad not bad. For a manager willing to take a risk given our history over last few years could be a good opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
            Yes sir i am, look at who he brought in during jan, freeman, smith and lualua
            Freemen top signing, Smith just means we lump it and goes totally against Ollies suggestion if he wants to pass it and Lua Lua he hardly given a kick too even with mass changes

Comment

Originally posted by spogs View Post
              Next season?
              Ollie has arrived and uncovered our two best outfield players for about £300,000- which will form the base of a decent team if we can add a goalscorer and a centre back.

He deserves credit for that

Manning- was on the way out of the club and based on his performance and scope to improve with experience. He will no doubt spend majority of his career as a premier league player. He will be a huge player next year

Freeman a great signing who I would revert to his original and familiar position, wide left

I think we are a centre forward short of having a decent team
              ----------------Smithies--------------------
              Perch---Onouha---Lynch---Bidwell
              ---Luongo---Hall---Manning----
              Pawel---------------------------Freeman
              --------New centre forward------------

He will have leaned now that he cant #### about quite as much and has before this latest #### run said he wants to get to a position where teams worry about our style rather than the reverse.

Hall is key to how we will play

Smithies if Bournemouth do want him will have to go for much more than some suggest. If he is being signed as a first choice goalkeeper than £10m+ is to be expected (with the current TV money and him being on a new extended contract). Spend that on a new striker- Murphy a good hold up man from Newcastle surely unwanted in the Prem. Bogle off Wigan or Assombalonga Forest they go down

If we can improve the fall backs then great and once the pig flys by maybe Caulker will sober up and go back to what he should be. The best centre back in the league

Personally i am very happy to focus on quality not quantity in 2-3 positions. Brighton have shown a settled squad turns average players into good players
              Last edited by Route One; 04-05-2017, 01:47 PM.

Comment

I still think that he can get us to where we need to be personally so i will still back him at the moment

First 10 games will be the judge of that though it will be very interesting , he needs to find his best 11 and stick to this otherwise he will get sacked.

He has a chance to do this / if he does or not is anyones guess

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                  After the run of wins that took as back up the table I was really looking forward to next season. Then Olly the tinkerman kicked in. With his endless shuffling of players and (we assume) experimentation, he took the wind out of our sails and the season has ended dismally. Now only the most rose-tinted of optimists (AKA Pinkie) would say that Olly knew what he was doing and had the courage to experiment like that, and that it bodes well for next season. For the rest of us the depressing reality has kicked in that Olly is not a great manager, or even a good manager, he's an occasionally lucky, occasionally astute manager who, like a stopped clock, has to be right some of the time.

It's the inconsistency that is so alarming. As well as his obviously extremely high opinion of his ability. Chest-thumping and badge-kissing are all very well, but without the nous to back that up it sounds hollow. They say empty vessels make most sound, and boy does Olly sound off. Of course, there is the (slim) possibility that Olly will rein in his tinkerman tendencies, bring his best game to the fore and actually achieve a decent run next season. I accept it's not impossible. But we cannot ignore his chequered history; nothing has really changed since the first time round, except he's older and a very tiny bit wiser.

I think our biggest problem is the perception others must have of our club as a shambles. Why would any decent manager want to join us - especially as there's a very tight budget? So it looks like we're stuck with Olly unless by some kind of miracle an upcoming and talented manager in the mould of Eddie Howe appears and replaces him. So I guess we have a season of inconsistency to look forward to and perhaps the hope that if we do finish better, there will be other options available.
                  Best post I've seen in a very long time

Comment

Originally posted by Route One View Post
                    Ollie has arrived and uncovered our two best outfield players for about £300,000- which will form the base of a decent team if we can add a goalscorer and a centre back.

He deserves credit for that

Manning- was on the way out of the club and based on his performance and scope to improve with experience. He will no doubt spend majority of his career as a premier league player. He will be a huge player next year

Freeman a great signing who I would revert to his original and familiar position, wide left

I think we are a centre forward short of having a decent team
                    ----------------Smithies--------------------
                    Perch---Onouha---Lynch---Bidwell
                    ---Luongo---Hall---Manning----
                    Pawel---------------------------Freeman
                    --------New centre forward------------

He will have leaned now that he cant #### about quite as much and has before this latest #### run said he wants to get to a position where teams worry about our style rather than the reverse.

Hall is key to how we will play

Smithies if Bournemouth do want him will have to go for much more than some suggest. If he is being signed as a first choice goalkeeper than £10m+ is to be expected (with the current TV money and him being on a new extended contract). Spend that on a new striker- Murphy a good hold up man from Newcastle surely unwanted in the Prem. Bogle off Wigan or Assombalonga Forest they go down

If we can improve the fall backs then great and once the pig flys by maybe Caulker will sober up and go back to what he should be. The best centre back in the league

Personally i am very happy to focus on quality not quantity in 2-3 positions. Brighton have shown a settled squad turns average players into good players
                    Sorry didn't get beyond the manning will spend the majority of his career in the Prem.

Wow just wow, doubt he will have one game there and probably not that many more in the Championship

Comment

Do I think he will get us top 6 in the Championship? Probably.

Do I think he will get us into the Premier League? Doubt it but you never know.

Comment

IH never discovered Manning. He only played in the first team because we sold players before their replacements came in plus injuries. He had no choice but to
                        play him and out of his normal position as well.Manning was just a lucky accident who would have been sold otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                          IH never discovered Manning. He only played in the first team because we sold players before their replacements came in plus injuries. He had no choice but to
                          play him and out of his normal position as well.Manning was just a lucky accident who would have been sold otherwise.
                          Of course he had a choice.

Comment

This is getting boring. How many posts on the same old, with the same old responses. Next Season we judge and post his pre-season and additional signings. No one can predict the future, so why do we continue to lambast our current Manager. Like or loathe lets give it a rest until say 10 games into Next Season. The naysayers can then fill their boots or change their minds. Nothing anyone posts on here will really matter and is just dire tribe until that time in my humble opinion. I love this Message board but it does seem that we are just writing for writing sake on a subject no one will agree on. Record Change please. And I am not trying to start an argument but no doubt someone will give me Jip:-) It would just be so refreshing to discuss anything other than this.

Comment

I don't think he is perfect but I am happy for him to be building the team this summer. The transfers have been fantastic since he has been here, Lua Lua on loan, Pawel signed, Smith who was a bargain as was Freeman, and he had to g Be Ravel a go, Manning coming through whether accident or what is still a positive.

Comment

When I played we had a manager that would shout and pump his chest, got the best out of all of us. Think these days the players are to blame because there all raving irons. Holloway is old skool and I'm onside, you younger lot let Abdul have a turn in goal even though he's pony . holloway is sorting jimmys mess lets not forget! He f**cks up next season then I'll bow to you knowledgeable punters xx
                                Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Working...
                                X