Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can those that back Holloway explain to me how he is going to take us forward?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can those that back Holloway explain to me how he is going to take us forward?

Next season?

Will be gone by end of September if we are flirting with the relegation places. 3 or 4 good championship standard players urgently needed as well as a couple of decent young loans. Won't hold my breath

Comment

I'm not a fan but he's going start season as manager so we need to give him few games to see if the playing about end of this season has been worthwhile. Think he's going to need a fast start and some favourable early fixtures

Think best thing he can do after Sunday is keep his mouth shut stop doing interviews in paper and on sky for the close season as everything he comes out with recently is total own goal it's like he has no filter

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        I'm not a fan but he's going start season as manager so we need to give him few games to see if the playing about end of this season has been worthwhile. Think he's going to need a fast start and some favourable early fixtures

Think best thing he can do after Sunday is keep his mouth shut stop doing interviews in paper and on sky for the close season as everything he comes out with recently is total own goal it's like he has no filter
        I think if we make a change, we do it now. The worst thing to do is to make a change during the season. We need (or rather the board needs) to decide whether Ollie is the man to drive us forward from what we've seen over last 6 months. We will waste yet another season by changing midway through and then saying new chap needs to get "his team" in.

Comment

As the trigger gets pulled back lol, hilarious behavior and acting like spoilt brats again, the seasons just about ended, anybody would think we`ve been relegated, we havnt so lets chill now & look forward to a break and then the new season! like said before if we start well and have a good season theres going to be a few with egg on there faces once again
          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

should be gone after Sunday as far as I'm concerned along with Birch and the wonderful untouchable DOF who's made 3 bad appointments, all appointment's to appease the fans by T.F

Comment

After the run of wins that took as back up the table I was really looking forward to next season. Then Olly the tinkerman kicked in. With his endless shuffling of players and (we assume) experimentation, he took the wind out of our sails and the season has ended dismally. Now only the most rose-tinted of optimists (AKA Pinkie) would say that Olly knew what he was doing and had the courage to experiment like that, and that it bodes well for next season. For the rest of us the depressing reality has kicked in that Olly is not a great manager, or even a good manager, he's an occasionally lucky, occasionally astute manager who, like a stopped clock, has to be right some of the time.

It's the inconsistency that is so alarming. As well as his obviously extremely high opinion of his ability. Chest-thumping and badge-kissing are all very well, but without the nous to back that up it sounds hollow. They say empty vessels make most sound, and boy does Olly sound off. Of course, there is the (slim) possibility that Olly will rein in his tinkerman tendencies, bring his best game to the fore and actually achieve a decent run next season. I accept it's not impossible. But we cannot ignore his chequered history; nothing has really changed since the first time round, except he's older and a very tiny bit wiser.

I think our biggest problem is the perception others must have of our club as a shambles. Why would any decent manager want to join us - especially as there's a very tight budget? So it looks like we're stuck with Olly unless by some kind of miracle an upcoming and talented manager in the mould of Eddie Howe appears and replaces him. So I guess we have a season of inconsistency to look forward to and perhaps the hope that if we do finish better, there will be other options available.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                After the run of wins that took as back up the table I was really looking forward to next season. Then Olly the tinkerman kicked in. With his endless shuffling of players and (we assume) experimentation, he took the wind out of our sails and the season has ended dismally. Now only the most rose-tinted of optimists (AKA Pinkie) would say that Olly knew what he was doing and had the courage to experiment like that, and that it bodes well for next season. For the rest of us the depressing reality has kicked in that Olly is not a great manager, or even a good manager, he's an occasionally lucky, occasionally astute manager who, like a stopped clock, has to be right some of the time.

It's the inconsistency that is so alarming. As well as his obviously extremely high opinion of his ability. Chest-thumping and badge-kissing are all very well, but without the nous to back that up it sounds hollow. They say empty vessels make most sound, and boy does Olly sound off. Of course, there is the (slim) possibility that Olly will rein in his tinkerman tendencies, bring his best game to the fore and actually achieve a decent run next season. I accept it's not impossible. But we cannot ignore his chequered history; nothing has really changed since the first time round, except he's older and a very tiny bit wiser.

I think our biggest problem is the perception others must have of our club as a shambles. Why would any decent manager want to join us - especially as there's a very tight budget? So it looks like we're stuck with Olly unless by some kind of miracle an upcoming and talented manager in the mould of Eddie Howe appears and replaces him. So I guess we have a season of inconsistency to look forward to and perhaps the hope that if we do finish better, there will be other options available.
                You see this is the thing that gets me, you say about eddie howe, it doesnt matter who you mention no one would change us into a championship winning material instantly! and the chopping and changings never going to help, unless we`re a southampton or watford, anyway carry on firing away lol, as this will be brought back up when we`re doing well

Comment

Hang on a minute. I'm not saying Ollie is the messiah but he walked into an absolute shambles of a club with players who were on the balls of their #### confidence wise and only heading in one direction. Granted it hasn't been pretty at times but he's achieved the brief, keep this club in the division. I don't care if Alex ferguson walked through the doors of hq we are not suddenly going to win the league at a canter, these thins take time. Time that some of the experts on here don't seem willing to give.....again. Tell you what lets just change managers every six months and when we arnt top of the table with a +50 GD we can cry about it and have another clear out. People need to get real we are a medium sized club in a ####ing tough division. Ollies next year should be to improve on this season and go from there. Look how long it's taken Brighton to get it right. Clubs like Leeds and Derby haven't managed to do it. Previously the likes of Man City, Southampton etc etc have fallen much further than we have and recovered. This constant changing has simply got to stop its ridiculous and unsustainable. I'm not saying be happy with what's gone on this season because it's been mainly #### but please remember the size of the task when he walked in.

Comment

Exactly greg, damage was well & truly done here before ollie came in, and in my opinion we`re heading in the right direction, but it takes time hence why i think we`ll be much better this next season coming!

Comment

Was brief to keep us up??

Comment

The problem that Ollie's fanboys don't get is that the basic tactical plays just aren't happening, never mind the Tinkerman stuff. Listening to CW talking about Ollie you get the impression that they just see him as nuts, basically. That's the calibre of gaffer you get at QPR these days.

The problem that Ollie detractors don't get is that Ollie isn't the problem............

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                          As the trigger gets pulled back lol, hilarious behavior and acting like spoilt brats again, the seasons just about ended, anybody would think we`ve been relegated, we havnt so lets chill now & look forward to a break and then the new season! like said before if we start well and have a good season theres going to be a few with egg on there faces once again

Comment

Love Ollie, but was a stupid decision to give him a contract beyond this summer.

For those saying give him a few games going into the new season - you're happy to see him build the squad in his image over the summer? If there really is that much doubt about him then the smart thing would be to get rid, but I doubt the club see it that way.

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                            should be gone after Sunday as far as I'm concerned along with Birch and the wonderful untouchable DOF who's made 3 bad appointments, all appointment's to appease the fans by T.F
                            So les hasn't appointed the managers? Can't put the blame on him and tf. Has to be one or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
                              Love Ollie, but was a stupid decision to give him a contract beyond this summer.

For those saying give him a few games going into the new season - you're happy to see him build the squad in his image over the summer? If there really is that much doubt about him then the smart thing would be to get rid, but I doubt the club see it that way.

So les hasn't appointed the managers? Can't put the blame on him and tf. Has to be one or the other.

I find it amazing that some fans and messageboards, dof les, chairmen etc etc all cry for stability but the owners (along with dof les) have somehow managed to appoint the most unstable person in football to be our manager.

his rantings and ravings, along with chopping and changing upto 4 different formations during games and playing so many players in different positions.

as long as the board remain inept, the merry go round will continue.

next season will be an utter carcrash.
                              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Working...
                              X