• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way to kill a thread Blue; that's usually my job
    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
    Work Best When Open...
    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

It's likely that most on here can't believe how the expectation of the owners and manager have fallen so far.

Talk of top 6 in the premier league to comparing us now to Brenford is a real lack of ambition in anyone's eyes

if your happy being as good as Brentford then fine ....I'm not I have ambition for the club a lot higher than this

Comment

If Tony and Amit can't be arsed anymore which. I Understand then sell up chaps to someone who wants to take us to the next level again.

Comment

I'd rather have tony and amit than becoming red bull rangers or something which i can honestly see happening in england one day and we're the perfect club for that

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
            Ollie was unfit for purpose when he was appointed and that wont change, he'd fvck up Real Madrid.

All we can do is hope that someday sanity will prevail again at LR.
            Leave orf, Real Madrid? Easy earner that , surprised Harry ain't thought of it. Huddersfield 10 changes and swept under carpet. Ol Harry be the Brummie saviour!
            Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

I'm backing Holloway, if half our fans had the same passion as that man for our club wered be alright.some don't realise the championship is our level. RTID whatever league?
              Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                I'm backing Holloway, if half our fans had the same passion as that man for our club wered be alright.some don't realise the championship is our level. RTID whatever league?
                Well said van , stick that in yer pipe lads
                http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                  Trouble is passion doesn't mean competence or ability.

While Ollie excels in passion he falls well short in the other two.

Comment

Originally posted by rodman View Post
                    Trouble is passion doesn't mean competence or ability.

While Ollie excels in passion he falls well short in the other two.
                    Exactly what I've been saying pretty much since we were linked with him. Also said it about a number of previous staff and players we've signed. It's great if they love the club, it's great if they'll run through a brick wall to see us do well. I'd run through a brick wall to see us do well, but it clearly doesn't mean I should be hired as manager, coaching staff, or as a player.

We need people that are good enough first and foremost. If they happen to love the club too then that's a huge bonus. Loving the club however is not a substitute for competence.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                      Holloway is right with his comments, people who hate Brentford will disagree but I agree with him here
                      This, Rebel R`s. They have had an excellent infrastructure in place for many years now.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

Can't see the problem in wanting to be at a level similar to a team that beat us comfortably TWICE this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                          Can't see the problem in wanting to be at a level similar to a team that beat us comfortably TWICE this season.
                          Fair point that perhaps we should try being Blackburn we have played them three times this season and failed to win any of them losing twice

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            Fair point that perhaps we should try being Blackburn we have played them three times this season and failed to win any of them losing twice
                            Why stop there? We lost twice to Preston too. Always a club I've admired and aspired for us to be like!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                              Exactly what I've been saying pretty much since we were linked with him. Also said it about a number of previous staff and players we've signed. It's great if they love the club, it's great if they'll run through a brick wall to see us do well. I'd run through a brick wall to see us do well, but it clearly doesn't mean I should be hired as manager, coaching staff, or as a player.

We need people that are good enough first and foremost. If they happen to love the club too then that's a huge bonus. Loving the club however is not a substitute for competence.
                              Come up wee bit short there Tarbie under Hugh's and Redknapp we signed plenty of good footballers most of those signings had ability but none would run through a brick wall for the club or even give it a shot , over the last two and a half years we've also signed a few that should be doing a good job ability wise for the club and again come well below par ie JET Ravel to name two what we've got to hope for if Penrice comes he does research on ability and character

Comment

Originally posted by hooploft View Post
                                Come up wee bit short there Tarbie under Hugh's and Redknapp we signed plenty of good footballers most of those signings had ability but none would run through a brick wall for the club or even give it a shot , over the last two and a half years we've also signed a few that should be doing a good job ability wise for the club and again come well below par ie JET Ravel to name two what we've got to hope for if Penrice comes he does research on ability and character
                                Hughes, I think was an exceptional set of circumstances. A lot will slate me for this, but with hindsight I think he was a good manager, just not in any way prepared for what was going on at the club at the time. With Redknapp we were unlucky, previously had done well nearly everywhere he had been, just at a point of his career where he didn't have what we needed.

Let's be fair though, there is a middle ground. We can look for good up and coming playing and coaching staff that will do a good job. They don't need to be QPR old boys to run through a brick wall for us. Look at Charlie Austin. Chelsea fan if you believe what you hear, but did that boy put in a shift every time he pulled on the hoops!
                                Last edited by Tarbie; 05-05-2017, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X