New Streaming Service For Next Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CapeTownR View Post
    Its about time they started getting revenue from overseas tbh, but if I understand it correctly if I wait till the day after the game I can stream for free from the new website???
    Yes, that's my understanding. But obviously the benefit of the paid for service is being able to watch the games live.

Originally posted by CapeTownR View Post
    Any idea how much data it would be to stream a whole game? About 1 gig? Data is pretty pricey over here so might need to change contract, cheers
    Probably about that much. You'd really need to be either viewing it on wifi or at home through your ISP's broadband allowance which is usually unlimited.

Comment

eleven clubs have not signed up to this yet. Us being one of them. Cost £110 per year. Comes at same time crackdown on sites and Kobi type boxes so wouldn't be suprised if it very difficult to stream free.

Comment

Thanks for reply Stanley, its great news anyway. Dont think my meager 10 gig a month wifi will be enough now.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
          eleven clubs have not signed up to this yet. Us being one of them. Cost £110 per year. Comes at same time crackdown on sites and Kobi type boxes so wouldn't be suprised if it very difficult to stream free.
          They attempt to crack down on these sites every summer

One gets shut down, another pops up in its place

Comment

The reason its not available to UK fans is because of tv rights. Similar to the prem where overseas fans get sat 3pm games live whereas we have to wait for MOTD.

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
              The reason its not available to UK fans is because of tv rights. Similar to the prem where overseas fans get sat 3pm games live whereas we have to wait for MOTD.
              True that.
              Its illegal to show any game live at 3pm on a saturday in the u.k.
              Thats to ensure the gates for any of the 92 clubs dont drop by people not feeling the need to go to a match any longer .

Comment

For UK residents, download tunnelbear and then switch countries to get different VPN to watch it. Or if anyone else knows of any better ones? I used to work in Holland so I know tunnelbear works when trying to watch skysports (with sky subscription) or bbc 1 for example.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                  For UK residents, download tunnelbear and then switch countries to get different VPN to watch it. Or if anyone else knows of any better ones? I used to work in Holland so I know tunnelbear works when trying to watch skysports (with sky subscription) or bbc 1 for example.
                  according to a fella on lfw. qpr will not sign this agreement but will produce its own version.

it will consist of 3 camera angles and full commentry.

you will need a bank account abroad to be able to pay for the subscription.
                  nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                    And therein lies the rub

Comment

Should get all the away games if that's the case!

Comment

First time they have gone after Kobi though.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                          according to a fella on lfw. qpr will not sign this agreement but will produce its own version.

it will consist of 3 camera angles and full commentry.

Fortunately we will always have an opposition team to play against so we could use that stream thing as it will feature our opposition.

Comment

Hello! - long time reader first time poster

I'm over in Canada now and am really delighted about this. Been trying to look up more info and can't find answers for these questions, wondered if anyone knows (and apologies if these have been answered and I missed it somewhere):

If QPR ends up opting in and I sign up for the iFollow thing would I be able to watch any championship match, or do you sign up to just watch the matches of the club you support? Because 110 quid sounds like a steal if it was every championship match.

If it's like what hitman34 described (QPR having their own platform) hope it's not too much pricier, at least. If the ifollow would let you watch any championship match and QPR don't sign up for that, that'd be a bit of a shame

Can't wait for this though. Sick of listening on the radio through QPR player!

Comment

I'm just having a guess but I think all clubs contract ends in 2017, I know most clubs wanted out and to go their own way.

In order to keep keep football clubs I think they introduced this stream service, hoping that some clubs will sign a new contract.

If clubs chose to go their own way, I can't see them stopping clubs from streaming it too, but they did stop all other clubs from having their own TV channel. It's their rules or no rules... has that changed, only time will tell???

Comment

Originally posted by cheeseburgers View Post
                                If it's like what hitman34 described (QPR having their own platform) hope it's not too much pricier, at least.
                                No, I'm pretty sure it will still be around the £100 mark.

I'm sure the club would answer the rest of your questions if you email them.

Comment

Working...
                                X