New Streaming Service For Next Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    I think QPR Player is ending on June 9th.

From next season onwards all QPR Player content will be available for free on the new official site which launches at the end of June. i.e. The full games and match highlights available to view on the site the day after every game. There'll be no cost, you'll just need to register an account. The new site will be much better than the current one because our contract with FLi is ending, so the club will have its own bespoke design following months of consultations and beta testing with fans. It looks great btw and a big improvement.

Live commentaries, live scores and stats updates will happen on the new site too, but streaming will only be available to overseas viewers (as mentioned earlier).
    So what will happen to the current fee that we pay. Will it automatically end or carry on if we don't cancel ourselves. I appreciate you may not know the answer to that.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
      So what will happen to the current fee that we pay. Will it automatically end or carry on if we don't cancel ourselves. I appreciate you may not know the answer to that.
      They sent this one out:

Dear ****,

In June 2017 Queens Park Rangers will be re-launching their website. As a result, your subscription to PlayerHD will be cancelled. PlayerHD is a service run by EFL Digital Limited, a central collective that provides digital services for football clubs. As Queens Park Rangers will no longer be part of EFL Digital, the PlayerHD service will soon close down.

Your club will communicate details around any service that they will be operating on their new website in due course.

If you subscribe on a Monthly basis…

- No further payment will be taken after May 3rd 2017.

- You will have full access until June 9th 2017.

- After June 9th 2017 there will be no access to PlayerHD.

If you subscribe on an Annual basis…

- Auto Renewals (i.e. the process through which your subscription is collected on a yearly basis) has been disabled. You will not be charged further.

- If you have a subscription that runs past June 9th 2017 we will provide a pro-rata refund for the value of your fee still outstanding. These refunds will be processed across the next few weeks and in some cases will have begun already

- After June 9th 2017 there will be no access to PlayerHD.

Your terms and conditions can be viewed here

If you have any questions please email iFollowteam@efl.com

Many thanks

EFL Digital
      https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Yes, what DK said. Thanks for that

Comment

Ok thanks guys. Really appreciate it

Comment

From next season onwards all QPR Player content will be available for free on the new official site which launches at the end of June. i.e. The full games and match highlights available to view on the site the day after every game. There'll be no cost, you'll just need to register an account. The new site will be much better than the current one because our contract with FLi is ending, so the club will have its own bespoke design following months of consultations and beta testing with fans. It looks great btw and a big improvement.

Live commentaries, live scores and stats updates will happen on the new site too, but streaming will only be available to overseas viewers (as mentioned earlier).

Any idea as to what the cost to international fans for the streaming via QPR website will be? I'm assuming about 100 quid like the iplayer subscription for other clubs. I'd be very impressed if we get that for free.

Comment

Originally posted by tomfiend View Post
              Any idea as to what the cost to international fans for the streaming via QPR website will be? I'm assuming about 100 quid like the iplayer subscription for other clubs. I'd be very impressed if we get that for free.
              Yes, £100 a year iirc.

Comment

Don't agree with it. As if our attendances home and away weren't bad enough at the moment

Comment

Do you have any screenshots of the beta site by any chance?

Comment

Have QPR signed up to this? Not all clubs have.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                      Have read on the fb page that 7 clubs have not signed up to this........

Us being one.
                      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                        Do you have any screenshots of the beta site by any chance?
                        Sorry, no.

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                        Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post

Us being one.
                        If we haven't already, it's looking like we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post

Us being one.
                          That would only affect home games, and any away games against other teams that haven't signed up.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                            Its crazy that overseas fan can pay £110 and watch every EFL game live. UK fans are always shafted

On the plus side, dodgy streams every week
                            It's actually supposed to protect the clubs, in terms of attendances and the revenues that come with it. Obviously providing it only to overseas fans shouldn't affect attendances and gate receipts.......in theory, anyway.

In reality it just means there will likely be a dodgy stream available for every match!

Comment

Its about time they started getting revenue from overseas tbh, but if I understand it correctly if I wait till the day after the game I can stream for free from the new website???
                              Any idea how much data it would be to stream a whole game? About 1 gig? Data is pretty pricey over here so might need to change contract, cheers

Comment

Originally posted by CapeTownR View Post
                                Its about time they started getting revenue from overseas tbh, but if I understand it correctly if I wait till the day after the game I can stream for free from the new website???
                                Any idea how much data it would be to stream a whole game? About 1 gig? Data is pretty pricey over here so might need to change contract, cheers
                                Cape Town R.......I like that!

I'm relocating there in 6 months. Have you got a supporters club going down there?

Comment

Working...
                                X