Honest Expectations for the season just gone & next season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hooploft View Post
    Over the top ! Gordon Bennett Pinkie Perch has to go his inconsistencies make him a liability , Bidwell leaves a lot to be desired going forward which makes him cover at best ,IF Robinson ever gets match fit he's played so little he would have to considered a new part of the back 4 , the C/H captain we need
    that's 3 out of The back 4 and a strong C/mid plus cover without that we will still be an inconsistent side next season we have to be consistent
    Personally, I think Bidwell does just fine left of a back 4. Problem comes when we play 3-5-2 and try to play him. Never a wing back or a left centre back.

Make you right on Perch though. Wasn't great when we signed him and he's getting worse with age!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
      Personally, I think Bidwell does just fine left of a back 4. Problem comes when we play 3-5-2 and try to play him. Never a wing back or a left centre back.

Make you right on Perch though. Wasn't great when we signed him and he's getting worse with age!
      You're right defensively , wouldn't want him out of the club could be used in a defensive m/ role a handy change if the manager has the nous to change him from fb to mf or visa visa while the game is in progress it would be able to change from 3 at the back to a flat back 4

Comment

Thought we would be about 10-8th this season,shows how wrong i was,believed all the spiel from jfh and co on the quality of signings we made and our new change of philosophy in playing style. Next season not expecting anyting better than 18th,cant see holloway suddenly turning into a decent manager to think otherwise

Comment

Originally posted by norfolk ranger View Post
          Thought we would be about 10-8th this season,shows how wrong i was,believed all the spiel from jfh and co on the quality of signings we made and our new change of philosophy in playing style. Next season not expecting anyting better than 18th,cant see holloway suddenly turning into a decent manager to think otherwise

Lol youre right before ollie becomes a decent manager he needs to win some promotions with a few clubs, oh hold on lol
          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
            Lol youre right before ollie becomes a decent manager he needs to win some promotions with a few clubs, oh hold on lol
            How long ago were those promotions pinkie? No good him living off something from 10 years ago.football has moved on from then but holloways approach has not.His recent managerial record is abysmal.

Comment

I do admire your optimism tho...

Comment

All this footballs moved on rubbish lol, footballs a simple game, we'll see how he/we do in the new season

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                  All this footballs moved on rubbish lol, footballs a simple game, we'll see how he/we do in the new season
                  Yeah thats all we can do, hopefully my prediction will be miles out again!!

Comment

the Championship has been average this season and we've struggled in it. Under Holloway nothing will change. A more adventurous/astute manager we could challenge for a play off spot
                    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                    This morning's tempest I have to cross
                    I must be guided without a stumble
                    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by norfolk ranger View Post
                      How long ago were those promotions pinkie? No good him living off something from 10 years ago.football has moved on from then but holloways approach has not.His recent managerial record is abysmal.
                      Crystal palace a few years back and blackpool a few years before that too, and both were teams that got promoted against the odds.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                        Crystal palace a few years back and blackpool a few years before that too, and both were teams that got promoted against the odds.

Dont let those facts get in the way corbs lol

Comment

This is how he works though, isn't it? Either squad buy into his madcap shenanigans, the team spirit gets going and he gets teams performing above and beyond what they should be capable of........Or is goes the other way and it all goes to sh*t. Ollie then tries to salvage things by pulling some outrageous tactical stunts that may occasionally work, but more often fail.

My concern is in a lot of the behind the scenes media the club like to put out, the players are sat looking at him borderline with disdain. Have a look at the Mannequin Challenge behind the scenes video if you don't know what I'm on about. Players are sat there in bewilderment as he is chatting sh*t in front of the whiteboard.

Obviously there has been one spell this season where he got us going and playing really well. My concern is that perhaps that was as good as it will ever get!

Comment

Gary Penrice and Kevin Revees will hopefully bring in players who will make the management`s "antics" regarding subs and set-up less important? Wishful or unrealistic thinking, but that`s why I look forward to the next season.
                            Last edited by Shania; 04-05-2017, 10:24 AM.
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

Fair points tarbs its all a matter of opinions really regarding but my opinion is he is the right manager for us and we need to stick behind him. We've played good football more often than not, even when we've undeservedly lost games we deserved to draw or win and theres been a few games like that even recently. Plus when we went on that good run it was the most enjoyment ive had supporting qpr since neil took us up 6/7 years ago, we had passion, we played well and ollie united the fans behind the team, every game felt exciting and was somethimg we all looked forward too which is something we hadnt felt in years after dross players and boring football.

Imo ollie isnt the root of the problem as a whole, he contributes to it yes with his inconsistent tactics but imo the players need to take the blame too. Theres only one player in the team who i can honestly say has had a solid consistent season and thats smithies. EVERYONE else has blown hot and cold throughout the entire campaign.

I find it a bit silly too how people were saying 6 weeks ago that they wanted ollie to experiment with the team and figure out our best players and that he had their full backing no matter what yet they second he does people flip out and start calling for his head, weird...

Comment

Fair points tarbs its all a matter of opinions really regarding but my opinion is he is the right manager for us and we need to stick behind him. We've played good football more often than not, even when we've undeservedly lost games we deserved to draw or win and theres been a few games like that even recently. Plus when we went on that good run it was the most enjoyment ive had supporting qpr since neil took us up 6/7 years ago, we had passion, we played well and ollie united the fans behind the team, every game felt exciting and was somethimg we all looked forward too which is something we hadnt felt in years after dross players and boring football.

Imo ollie isnt the root of the problem as a whole, he contributes to it yes with his inconsistent tactics but imo the players need to take the blame too. Theres only one player in the team who i can honestly say has had a solid consistent season and thats smithies. EVERYONE else has blown hot and cold throughout the entire campaign.

I find it a bit silly too how people were saying 6 weeks ago that they wanted ollie to experiment with the team and figure out our best players and that he had their full backing no matter what yet they second he does people flip out and start calling for his head, weird...
                                I was behind him experimenting with the squad. I wasn't however prepared to go on such a long losing streak, including being embarrassed by Brentford. Whilst it would be good to see how much value some of the fringe players bring, you still have to put out a side capable of winning. Some of Ollie's selections in the last 7 or 8 games have been absolutely ludicrous and (in my opinion), are an utter pi$s take to the fans who pay 35 quid a pop to go to the games.

What's even more baffling is the fact that Ollie came out and said that he wasn't tinkering and had selected what he felt was the best side for each game. Further proof that the bloke is an utter wally in my opinion!
                                Last edited by Tarbie; 04-05-2017, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X