Honest Expectations for the season just gone & next season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    For next season, I'd hope Ollie has enough about him with his own squad to keep us clear of relegation and in or around mid-table. I'd be amazed if it's any better than that based on what I've seen over the last 6 months.
    I like Holloway but I'd agree with this. He won't take us up but I actually think he can stablilise us.

Comment

I thought JFH would have had us competing with the players that he had. Had he have stayed, I think we would actually finished somewhere around mid-table, which to be honest, would have been a disappointment.

When Ollie came in, I thought we'd go down. Obviously we haven't, but at the same time we have gone backwards in terms of obtaining points, even if the football has been a little more exciting.

For next season, I'd hope Ollie has enough about him with his own squad to keep us clear of relegation and in or around mid-table. I'd be amazed if it's any better than that based on what I've seen over the last 6 months.
      Yep I expected a mid to upper half finish ! To me this talk of us finishing where I expected shows how far the club has slumped during the last two and a half years this has been period of time the fans have been robbed of , next season I fully expect the club to make a concerted effort to finish top six seeing as it's the end of the parachute payment will get there I have doubts but anything less is committing Hari Kari or plain plss taking

Comment

This season I said 16th to 20th.

Next season I predict the same. Around 55 points.
        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
          I like Holloway but I'd agree with this. He won't take us up but I actually think he can stablilise us.
          Can't agree mate stabilising us is isn't really good enough , if we don't look like being a force after six games he has to go the last of the parachute payment can't be wasted

Comment

I would love to flirt with the play offs next year. A couple of good signings, get rid of a few and I think we could. Hopefully, Holloway has seen enough to know who to keep and who to bin off and with Penrice coming in. hopefully we can get those players.

Interesting that Norwich have released a fair few that you would say are Premier League names (Ruddy, Bassong etc) and they will be following the same sort of way of thinking that we are. Get people in on less money, who want it more.

Comment

Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post
              I would love to flirt with the play offs next year. A couple of good signings, get rid of a few and I think we could. Hopefully, Holloway has seen enough to know who to keep and who to bin off and with Penrice coming in. hopefully we can get those players.

Interesting that Norwich have released a fair few that you would say are Premier League names (Ruddy, Bassong etc) and they will be following the same sort of way of thinking that we are. Get people in on less money, who want it more.
              I agree that that Penrice coming gives a bit of hope that he might know a bit about the character of potential signings ie have they got the bit between their teeth to give that extra yard ability alone seems to be what we have swayed to for far to long in the likes of JET Caulker and many more
              Last edited by dogsrrs; 03-05-2017, 11:15 AM.

Comment

What I wanted for this season was play offs, what I expected was mid table.
                What I want next year is automatic, what I expect is flirting with the play offs.

Comment

Originally posted by Pal View Post
                  What I wanted for this season was play offs, what I expected was mid table.
                  What I want next year is automatic, what I expect is flirting with the play offs.
                  I want world peace and a bird with double d knockers and no gag reflex.........don't mean it's happening though, does it?!!

Comment

With a few new additions and shodipo to come back & hopefully signing lualua we`ve hopefully a exciting season coming up, as just said on another thread reckon 8th/9th but will be having a bet on us doing better than that!
                    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                      With a few new additions and shodipo to come back & hopefully signing lualua we`ve hopefully a exciting season coming up, as just said on another thread reckon 8th/9th but will be having a bet on us doing better than that!
                      Like a new back 4 and more power at centre midfield

Comment

And how over the top is that lol, we just need another commanding central defender and maybe a rb if we get rid of perch, also a leader midfield wise but feel when we played well the whole team was doing really well, so its there, just needs to be every game and consistancy!

and obviously ollie needs to be consistant before tarbs jumps down my throat or anyone else!

Comment

And how over the top is that lol, we just need another commanding central defender and maybe a rb if we get rid of perch, also a leader midfield wise but feel when we played well the whole team was doing really well, so its there, just needs to be every game and consistancy!

and obviously ollie needs to be consistant before tarbs jumps down my throat or anyone else!
                          I actually agree Pinkie as it happens. A right back, a centre half and a midfield enforcer are what the first team is light of. Left back cover possibly as well if Jack Robinson doesn't improve in terms of fitness very soon. Of course there are other areas that could be improved, but given the likely financial constraints, I doubt we'll attract better than what we have!

Comment

I actually agree Pinkie as it happens. A right back, a centre half and a midfield enforcer are what the first team is light of. Left back cover possibly as well if Jack Robinson doesn't improve in terms of fitness very soon. Of course there are other areas that could be improved, but given the likely financial constraints, I doubt we'll attract better than what we have!
                            Criky we agree on something also shodipo coming back, personally thought he didnt need to go at all, easily good enough and will get better!

Comment

Over the top ! Gordon Bennett Pinkie Perch has to go his inconsistencies make him a liability , Bidwell leaves a lot to be desired going forward which makes him cover at best ,IF Robinson ever gets match fit he's played so little he would have to considered a new part of the back 4 , the C/H captain we need
                              that's 3 out of The back 4 and a strong C/mid plus cover without that we will still be an inconsistent side next season we have to be consistent
                              Last edited by dogsrrs; 03-05-2017, 05:30 PM.

Comment

For this season I had hoped for around 10th. However things just not working with JFH and Ollie has been a disaster.

If Ollie in charge next season am expecting probably 16-24th. If we get a decent manager in likely 6-10th. We are only in my view a few players away from being able to compete nearer the top but will need proper, consistent managing.

Comment

Working...
                                X