Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honest Expectations for the season just gone & next season

I am wondering ..
    What is/ were your expectations for this past year and next year..

Personally.. i expected to be almost exactly where we are .. Lets also not forget that if we win again Norwich and results go our way we finish 15.. Just under-mid table.

Do you think we have the same quality in our team that Warnock's promo team had...

Understanding of why we are where we are .. is simple for me.. we have replaced Premier league Talent with lesser players all be it.. young and hungry wanting to play for the shirt. .

Austin for Syila / Tarrabt for Lungo/Manning, Faurlin for Henry. Danny Simpson for Bidwell, Richard Dunne for Ned, Matt philips the list of quality we have sold / moved on is huge ) I for one am not against this strategy i quite like it..

So correct me if im wrong.. - The fans complained there was no young,hungry, unpolished diamonds in the team players who dream of playing in the hoops..

What happens.. Les and Uncle Tony.. decide this must change.. we signed, players like Goss, Manning, Washington, Lungo, Syilla,. Holloway, bircham ..
    etc..

Now im sorry in my opinion these are good mid-table Championship players ... with the opportunity if they work hard to go slightly further although this will not happen over night?

What did you / do you expect?

Originally posted by PompeyRanger View Post
    I am wondering ..
    What is/ were your expectations for this past year and next year..

Personally.. i expected to be almost exactly where we are .. Lets also not forget that if we win again Norwich and results go our way we finish 15.. Just under-mid table.

Do you think we have the same quality in our team that Warnock's promo team had...

Understanding of why we are where we are .. is simple for me.. we have replaced Premier league Talent with lesser players all be it.. young and hungry wanting to play for the shirt. .

Austin for Syila / Tarrabt for Lungo/Manning, Faurlin for Henry. Danny Simpson for Bidwell, Richard Dunne for Ned, Matt philips the list of quality we have sold / moved on is huge ) I for one am not against this strategy i quite like it..

So correct me if im wrong.. - The fans complained there was no young,hungry, unpolished diamonds in the team players who dream of playing in the hoops..

What happens.. Les and Uncle Tony.. decide this must change.. we signed, players like Goss, Manning, Washington, Lungo, Syilla,. Holloway, bircham ..
    etc..

Now im sorry in my opinion these are good mid-table Championship players ... with the opportunity if they work hard to go slightly further although this will not happen over night?

What did you / do you expect?

Bit of a pointless exercise but Warnocks Team was

Kenny
    Orr/Walker
    Gorkss
    Connolly
    Hill
    Routledge/Mackie
    Derry
    Faurlin
    Smith
    Taarabt
    Helguson

Don't see many of them being dislodged out of our current crop?? Perhaps Smithies?

Comment

so are you agreeing me with.. Talent has been removed from the team?

Comment

Originally posted by PompeyRanger View Post
        so are you agreeing me with.. Talent has been removed from the team?
        Most definitely

Comment

Smithies, Perch, Onuoha, Hall and Freeman better than those in Warnock's team. Expected position between 5-8. Next year 16-20, if Ollie stays.

Comment

Thought we would be upper mid table but got that wrong. Would take mid table now for next season unless few things change drastically

Comment

We've been atrocious for over half the season. If we are only trocious next season we'll be mid-table.

Comment

Not sure adel is similar to luongo/manning let alone in talent. Adel couldn't defend for #### and those 2 are defensive midfielders!? Other comparisons are slightly odd too. Get your point to a degree though.

As west has said above, thought mid to upper mid this season. Next season with Ollie?? Be delighted/surprised if we are mid table

Comment

Thought maybe 10th this year or maybe outside bet for play offs, obviously it was wishful thinking but as far as next season goes I would like an improvement on this year with at least a chance of play offs, some will say no chance and some think we will be up there, reality is who knows?! Just look at this season's play off teams and theirleague position last season.

Comment

Thought we'd be upper mid table at least this season with dreams of being outside challengers for the playoffs. Think its too early for me to decide on next season as i wanna see who ollie brings in and who moves on. I think with the RIGHT signings and a consistent playstyle/formation for more than 30 minutes and we have the potential to finish in the top half 12 imo. Ollies problems started when he kept changing formations, gameplans and players positions every 10 minutes in a match, stick to plan a and plan b not every bloody letter in the alphabet.
                    Aside from that though i certainly dont want ollie sacked, i loved the feeling he brought back to the club and the way we played during our good run and ollie can bring that again imo if he just keeps calm

Comment

Expected midtable start of season under JFH,expected midtable also when Holloway took over,then realised I was wrong about holloway and expected we would just about survive relegation under Holloway. I expect holloway to start as our manager next season and predict he will last until mid/end of November with us in the bottom 3,predict Les to make another useless appointment and predict we will be relegated, but Les will still be smiling broadly for the cameras.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                        Expected midtable start of season under JFH,expected midtable also when Holloway took over,then realised I was wrong about holloway and expected we would just about survive relegation under Holloway. I expect holloway to start as our manager next season and predict he will last until mid/end of November with us in the bottom 3,predict Les to make another useless appointment and predict we will be relegated, but Les will still be smiling broadly for the cameras.
                        Agree in most part, however, I expected bottom half under JFH as I never rated him after his first 10 games in charge.

Everything IH has delivered is what I expected and agree that if he stays QPR will struggle next season.

He may not be sacked though due to the silly contract he was given.

Comment

Expected this season: 11th
                          Expect next season: 10th
                          Quality v Warnock's team: Main real difference is we now lack a Derry and an Adel (someone who can seriously influence a game)
                          Why we are where we are: Don't get in opponent's faces and don't impose ourselves in games until too late.

Comment

Thought we'd be steady under JFH, but the football was dire don't think we'd have been relegated under him , thought we'd go down under Holloway he became clueless last time he was here, and obviously an appointment to appease the fans ,not sure he's the man for us, and not sure we'll be any better under him next season, also doubt if we have enough quality or will bring in enough quality next year to be challenging or making top 6, obviously not lots of money available, and probably needs to unload loads before buying, but don't think we have a lot of sell on value in the squad other than Smithies and Freeman, so my expectations for next year with the club being run the way it is, is more of the same, but maybe not in the relegation dogfight, but wouldn't be surprised under Holloway if we were, about 10th 11th

Comment

I thought JFH would have had us competing with the players that he had. Had he have stayed, I think we would actually finished somewhere around mid-table, which to be honest, would have been a disappointment.

When Ollie came in, I thought we'd go down. Obviously we haven't, but at the same time we have gone backwards in terms of obtaining points, even if the football has been a little more exciting.

For next season, I'd hope Ollie has enough about him with his own squad to keep us clear of relegation and in or around mid-table. I'd be amazed if it's any better than that based on what I've seen over the last 6 months.

Comment

Working...
                              X