Tinkermans contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    I'd have money on him not lasting til 2019!
    I agree.
    Why oh why was he given such a deal when JFH had a rolling 1 year deal.

Comment

Because Les wanted to do alright by his mate. The club chop and change so much with they're decisions no wonder the club has been in such a mess over the last 6/7 years

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
        damning match report on LFW. Sadly we need to move him on
        Excellent article. Not sure Hal9thou would agree with it though

Comment

Yeah, Clive properly got stuck into Ollie in that report, didn't he?

I actually agreed with more or less every word of it!
          Me too.
          Re Tinkering. He put what I was getting at in the 'holloway out' thread much better.

Selecting your best players in a settled team and formation is the best way to having a successful season (Burnley and Brighton won promotion doing that).
          Bournemouth are another club with a smaller stadium and crowds who have shown how it is done.

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
            damning match report on LFW. Sadly we need to move him on
            Originally posted by brightonr View Post
            Wasn't the most complimentary, was it?
            Yeah, Clive properly got stuck into Ollie in that report, didn't he?

I actually agreed with more or less every word of it!
            Have a listen to Clive on the qpr podcast (west 12 media). He expands a bit on his thoughts. Ollie is over-complicating and trying to be too clever. If you make the change, make it now. See who is available. And as Clive says, if Monk is available, you get him in.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
              Have a listen to Clive on the qpr podcast (west 12 media). He expands a bit on his thoughts. Ollie is over-complicating and trying to be too clever. If you make the change, make it now. See who is available. And as Clive says, if Monk is available, you get him in.
              No chance. Problem is and has always been dof les.

No one with any talent will work under him.

Witch leaves us with the catchment area of pe teachers, novices, and TV pundits.

Holloway is not going anywhere and neither will the dof. We will be a bottom half championship team for the next few seasons.
              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                Selecting your best players in a settled team and formation is the best way to having a successful season (Burnley and Brighton won promotion doing that).
                Bournemouth are another club with a smaller stadium and crowds who have shown how it is done.
                All those clubs have balanced squads with adequate back-up for almost all positions.

Easier to form a consistent side when players fit into a formation.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                  No chance. Problem is and has always been dof les.

No one with any talent will work under him.

Witch leaves us with the catchment area of pe teachers, novices, and TV pundits.

Holloway is not going anywhere and neither will the dof. We will be a bottom half championship team for the next few seasons.
                  We have to be at a stage where Les' job is becoming untenable too though, haven't we?

In my opinion, with Lee Hoos controlling the purse strings and with the infrastructure now in place, why shouldn't a decent manager be allowed to operate without a DOF?
                  Last edited by Tarbie; 03-05-2017, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                    I agree.
                    Why oh why was he given such a deal when JFH had a rolling 1 year deal.

Zzzzzzz
                    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

I honestly do believe we`ll have a far better season next season, actually think we`ll have a good season and itll make a mockery of all this chucking out of the pram lol

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                        I honestly do believe we`ll have a far better season next season, actually think we`ll have a good season and itll make a mockery of all this chucking out of the pram lol
                        Serious question. What have you seen to make you think that?

Comment

Serious question. What have you seen to make you think that?
                          Quite a obvious answer to that tarbs really, would of thought you would know that! the form we hit and how the team can play and before they all took there feet off the pedal which as said before shouldnt of happened!

Comment

Im that confident ill have a bet with you tarbs if you like, a friendly one obviously!

Comment

Here is my thinking Pinks.

Ollie has averaged 1.1 points per game since returning to us. Now that is over 30 league games, so a reasonable sample to predict how the rest of his tenure is likely to go. If we run the numbers, 1.1 points per game across 46 league games is 50.6 points, let's be generous and call it 51 points across next season, based on Ollie maintaining his performance with us thus far.

51 points if we plot it against recent seasons in the Championship would leave you finishing just above the relegation zone. Barring a freak season, we'd survive, but only just. Now I'm prepared to be a bit optimistic that Ollie can have a good pre-season, bring in a couple of his own players and do a bit better next season. Hence I'm gonna say mid-table.
                              Last edited by Tarbie; 03-05-2017, 12:13 PM.

Comment

The plus for Ollie so far has been his recruitment. Getting Smith and Freeman for a song and Lualua in on loan in January was good business (let's not mention Morrison). He also started playing Manning and Furlong, pretty much ignored by JFH, seems to have succeeded in turning Luongo from the crowd and this boards favourite boo boy into one of our strongest players and recommended that the club sign Wszolek immediately rather than wait until his loan deal expired. Washington also started scoring once Ollie brought Smith in and played him to his strengths. So some real pluses. What seems obvious and has been the case since Ramsay was managing is that our back four isn't good enough to keep a clean sheet very often in this league. The summer should be about strengthening there...and let's hope Ollie is as good at recruiting defenders as attackers.

Let the guy get his players in and give him until at least January to show if he can turn a promising looking squad into a team.

Comment

Working...
                                X