Tinkermans contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
    Im that confident ill have a bet with you tarbs if you like, a friendly one obviously!
    In terms of a bet Pinks. You pick the number and I'll have bottom half of the table, you have top half. If Ollie is sacked or quits before the season is finished, then I automatically win the bet. If Ollie is hired by a team above us in the league and leaves for that reason (before the end of the season), then you win the bet.

How does that sound to you?

Comment

Originally posted by amusant View Post
      The plus for Ollie so far has been his recruitment. Getting Smith and Freeman for a song and Lualua in on loan in January was good business (let's not mention Morrison). He also started playing Manning and Furlong, pretty much ignored by JFH, seems to have succeeded in turning Luongo from the crowd and this boards favourite boo boy into one of our strongest players and recommended that the club sign Wszolek immediately rather than wait until his loan deal expired. Washington also started scoring once Ollie brought Smith in and played him to his strengths. So some real pluses. What seems obvious and has been the case since Ramsay was managing is that our back four isn't good enough to keep a clean sheet very often in this league. The summer should be about strengthening there...and let's hope Ollie is as good at recruiting defenders as attackers.

Let the guy get his players in and give him until at least January to show if he can turn a promising looking squad into a team.
      Agree with you but the back 4 needs some protection. A proper CDM is a priority IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
        Steve Sidwell is your answer?........FFS, I give up!
        With our finances farked by getting less parachute payments, Sidwell and players like him may be the best we can hope for.
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
          With our finances farked by getting less parachute payments, Sidwell and players like him may be the best we can hope for.
          Geriatric ex Chelsea and Fulham player?

Agree that we won't have much cash to spend, but there are better options out there for us than a 35 year old Steve Sidwell!

Comment

Read about Ollie being interested in him a month or so back

Comment

Originally posted by hooploft View Post
              Read about Ollie being interested in him a month or so back
              Is that right?

Give him his dues, he was decent back in the day. How much does he really have to offer these days though?

Comment

Originally posted by amusant View Post
                The plus for Ollie so far has been his recruitment. Getting Smith and Freeman for a song and Lualua in on loan in January was good business (let's not mention Morrison). He also started playing Manning and Furlong, pretty much ignored by JFH, seems to have succeeded in turning Luongo from the crowd and this boards favourite boo boy into one of our strongest players and recommended that the club sign Wszolek immediately rather than wait until his loan deal expired. Washington also started scoring once Ollie brought Smith in and played him to his strengths. So some real pluses. What seems obvious and has been the case since Ramsay was managing is that our back four isn't good enough to keep a clean sheet very often in this league. The summer should be about strengthening there...and let's hope Ollie is as good at recruiting defenders as attackers.

Let the guy get his players in and give him until at least January to show if he can turn a promising looking squad into a team.

Good post, also adding grant hall to defensive midfielder and dropping back in the backlines a bonus find!
                http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Can see a likeness to when we signed derry there with sidwell!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                    In terms of a bet Pinks. You pick the number and I'll have bottom half of the table, you have top half. If Ollie is sacked or quits before the season is finished, then I automatically win the bet. If Ollie is hired by a team above us in the league and leaves for that reason (before the end of the season), then you win the bet.

How does that sound to you?

Im going to be brave or most will think stupidly loyal but im going for around 8th/9th, but will be having a bet on us doing better

Ok nice one tarbs, maybe others could add there predictions too!

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      furs that is one of the funniest comments I have ever read on this board, superb son, if we do end of season poster awards for one off comments that has got to win hands down
                      Wasn't sure if it was a new word or not! However, tongue in cheek reference to those who think Ollie can still be the man. I really hope he is (his first spell have many happy memories) but can't see it.

Comment

sidwell!
                        please god no........

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                          please god no........
                          How come you have quoted me as saying sidwell hal, someone else brought his name up!

Comment

Zzzzzzz
                            My sentiments about your unwavering support for Ollie.

You predict a good season, I predict bottom half.

He is a marmite man and I am in the hate camp and you are the love. I will leave it at that and say no more on Ollie until next season.
                            Over and out.

Comment

Holloway will be gone before Christmas next season ,I'd bet my house on it

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                                Why???,stupid Les gave the PE teacher a 3 year contract
                                Les is most of the problem so short sighted in who we appoint, Ramsey a mate ollie a mate ffs show some guts and bring in something a bit more further away than les f contact on his iPhone, yeah jfh was a bit random but he did well on rowetts team anyway. cant see any thing other than a struggle for survival.

one thing that really naffs me off is he tried fringe players etc if he don't know if they cut in training whats the point of training ? so he slings them in to see if they are up to it on a saturday what you doing all week playing pool and snooker chuffing hell the 2nd lot of 6 defeats we were abysmal only the fact forest we so poor that we got a win. then when were 2 up he make the daftest of subs and were up against it. not condemning ollie but surly the board have gotta lay down some markers for next season and 18th imo aint progress.

Comment

Working...
                                X