Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strikers - stick with what we got or....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strikers - stick with what we got or....

Do we need a need a new one and time to move on Washington or Sylla?

I personally would keep Washington as I think if played in a two he could still come good. A striker I think we could look at buying on the cheap and could do well for a couple of season is James Vaughn from Bury.

Has decent pedigree and banged in 24 goals for a poor Bury team in league 1 this year. 29 in the summer but I think if he was played off Smith next season he'd score goals at championship level.

Anyone else got any realistic suggestions of strikers we could look at or do you think we got the right players already in smith, Washington and Sylla?
    Smith and Washington
    20.69%
    Smith and Sylla
    0.00%
    Washington and Sylla
    13.79%
    Smith with new striker
    10.34%
    Washington with new striker
    13.79%
    Sylla with new striker
    13.79%
    Play one up top
    3.45%
    Other
    24.14%

People keep making excuses for Washington but even when presented with chances he contrives to miss them. A league 1 standard player at most.
    Smith can head a ball but cannot direct it.A bit hit and miss.
    Sylla at least knows where the net is. He needs to feel wanted.
    Definitely need a couple of good experienced heads about the team.

Comment

We should bring in jason cummings from hibs, we'd be stupid not too. 21 years old with 20+ goals in his last 3 seasons and would be cheap. Think we defo need a new striker

Comment

There's no debating this point:we don't score enough goals. There's little debate about one other reality: we rarely control the midfield. Fixing these two in the offseason is not about better player conditioning but better players. Sign another striker, keep either Smith or Sylla together with Washington (for one more season), and recruit a center midfielder who can help us regain control of the pitch.

Comment

i feel we have to replace Sylla. I rate him, but not so sure Ollie does..
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Ollie loves stocking up on strikers. Can see 2 coming in on top of what we have.

Comment

I think just the one more coming in, pretty happy with our strikers especially as we have Yeni too.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                Getting rid of our top scorer would be a very stupid move indeed imo.
                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                Luke Freeman - 6
                Matt Smith - 6
                Ebere Eze - 4
                Joel Lynch - 3
                Tomer Hemed - 3
                Toni Leistner - 2
                Massimo Luongo- 2
                Angel Rangel - 2
                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                Geoff Cameron - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Jake Bidwell - 1
                Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Washington and another. Clicked wrong button.

Comment

CW & MS = Cevin Weegan and Mohn Soshack. Just need service

Comment

Priority has to two fullback right and left , centre back , two holding m/fielders

Comment

I can see Ollie wanting rid of Sylla and Yeni. Whether it's a good idea or not who knows. Sylla seems to know where the net is when he doesn't have time to think but when he does...he's very poor. Yeni hasn't really shown enough to warrant a starting 11 spot.

Smith needs to be scoring more. Amount of headers he's been putting wide of late is criminal. Washington shows glimpses that he can cut it at this level but I don't think we've got the time to hang around and wait for him to come good.

Would like Bogle and Chaplin as our secondary strikers. Bring in a proper experienced number 9 type player of proven championship quality.
                        My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Think if you can get Washington to work with Sylla we'd have a potent strike force.

Agree with people on here, priority is sorting out the midfield in the summer, particularly the defensive side so we can allow our creative players to attack and give the strikers the service they need.

Comment

Will be worried if we head into next season with Matt Smith as our starting striker

Said it on another thread - he should be our plan b, not A

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                              Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                              Getting rid of our top scorer would be a very stupid move indeed imo.
                              Sylla has done well in his first season especially as he has not been a regular in the team.

Shania, I agree that IH does not appear to value Sylla.

Ginger, I agree it would be stupid, but I would not put it passed IH to sell him

The four strikers should be kept but it is the RB and Central midfield that needs to be improved. That and a proper plan on how to play matches rather than the tinkering that IH has served up.
                              Last edited by stanistheman; 02-05-2017, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X