Supporting Ian Holloway for next Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
    Have backed him all season. Silly appointment tbh, but I was just pleased that horrid Jimmy had gone. Will back him if he stays, naturally, but he's been terrible the past seven games. And his substitutions were dreadful yesterday; just dreadful. He weakened the team, rather than strengthened it. I want him to do well, I really do. I just don't think he's up to the job.

This post!!
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

Sorry but if anyone seriously thinks Holloway and Bircham can take us forward, you really need to change sports. Whilst everyone is entitled to an opinion, why do you think he was commentating on Sky? Simple answer was no one, but no one, would take him as a manager. A poor appointment to keep on side a section of the fans who still live in the past and can't see beyond his ranting, mistaking it for passion.

If they stay only a bottom half/ relegation battle awaits and not sure the club in its current set up will survive that!

Comment

I hope many of the players Penrice will bring in will make us less dependent on the manager. Frankly, how many have we tried now? there are others out there, I know. But anyway?? ..
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
          Sorry but if anyone seriously thinks Holloway and Bircham can take us forward, you really need to change sports. Whilst everyone is entitled to an opinion, why do you think he was commentating on Sky? Simple answer was no one, but no one, would take him as a manager. A poor appointment to keep on side a section of the fans who still live in the past and can't see beyond his ranting, mistaking it for passion.

If they stay only a bottom half/ relegation battle awaits and not sure the club in its current set up will survive that!

Im sure i asked you this earlier, wheres youre evidence no one had ever asked him or wanted him? also good money working for sky and alot less stressful than managing a football club, especially ours with fans harping on every 2 seconds that he hasnt a clue what hes doing, when hes lead teams to promotions so not bad for a wannabe lol
          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

You really want to give the Tinkerman another season?
            From a mid table position when he joined we narrowly avoided relegation.
            His record throughout the season was pretty dire and any manager who had two runs of six defeats on the trot should have been sacked anyway
            I'm sure he only got the job from sentiment because in no way did his managerial record (apart from Blackpool) justify the appointment
            Originally posted by Fghoop View Post
            All these posters on here slating Holloway, needs to be sacked, not good enough to keep us up, not good enough to take us forwards next season, tactically inept etc.etc.

Whilst everyone should have an opinion, it’s become tiresome and in some cases without good reason in my opinion. For a number of years now every single Manager that has been brought on board, people have complained about them, if they don't complain about the Manager then we go on to slate either DOF or TF. Time for some stability and in all fairness we now need to make a pact to support our Club, our Team and our Management.

Yes the last 6 games prior to yesterday we have lost, but let’s just step back and analyse that; for me despite a few unlucky results by the odd-goal, where on a given day could have scored and those additional 1 points would have seen see us looking a lot prettier.

All bar 2 are in the Top 10, one are likely to be the Champions (Brighton) and another (Sheff Wed firmly in the top 6 & play-offs) Its really only a disappointing performances v Bristol City who were the only club among and around us that we could bemoan (who incidentally since 1st of this March have lost only 3 games, drawn 3 and won 6 so hardly a poor from side)

The 6 games we lost before we went on a run, was after a significant overhaul of a team (with some mercenaries or homesick players meaning there was a major upheaval not all of the managers want or wish) and a new manager wanting to instil a different formation, style and approach of playing (not easy mid-season but we should be applauded as with JFH and the style of football and confidence of the team, we were only going backwards anyway)

The international break came at the wrong time, we were playing well a rejuvenated side playing with heart passion and pride and some style (we’ve got our Rangers back etc…) but still we had the moaners.
            Post that break yes there were numerous changes to the team (some more enforced through injury so Ollie had to play different players and not always because we were tinkering or wanting to see who would be retained for next season or what he would need to bring in). Nevertheless there will have at least been a more considered thought by the Management that investment in certain areas is absolutely required as we don’t have enough quality in reserve.

However before the break the unbeaten run there were changes to the Team and Ollie in a number of interviews explained the rationale on selecting a team to nullify the threat or exploit the weaknesses of the opposition (based on the squad he had). He has also stated that this would not be what he wants to do moving forwards and was to have teams more worried about QPR rather than us worried about them.

Again for me this shows an astute manager because under the previous regimes there was often no plan B. At least we had a plan B with this manager. More importantly continuing an unbeaten run after the International Break may have given false dawn to the Board that investment in the team may not be required as much as we all know that is clearly required.

So in summary give Ian a chance, he is QPR at least, does care about the club and for me has started a wind of change.

And Finally - for all the Ollie naysayers, just a few comment on a few of the other Managers those some so clearly wanted or still want and have not had teams that have been as unsettled as ours per the above – So is the Grass always greener?

Warnock – Well we did his resurgent Cardiff side and since Feb 1st their stats hardly that brilliant compared to ours P16 W6 D5 L5 versus our form P17 W6 D2 L9
            Pearson – Still out of the game – If such a great Manager would have been back in by now – Also think he has a screw loose
            Clements – Swansea on the precipice after a bright start with him and also Sacked by Derby after one win in seven
            Redknap – Well have people forgotten what dross we played and always the same comments, plus some of the signings he made weren’t exalt inspiring
            Wahrburton – Well we have just done his team and they are below us and since he took over on 17th March 2W 2D L4
            McClaren – Sacked from Derby Again and out of work
            Monk – Was never going to leave Leeds to join us.
            Sherwood – Sacked at villa and now DOF/{Psuedo manager at Swindon – 3rd from bottom in League 1
            Moyes – Relegated Sunderland without really putting up any sort of fight
            Last edited by bigray; 30-04-2017, 06:05 PM. Reason: mistake

Comment

All these posters on here slating Holloway, needs to be sacked, not good enough to keep us up, not good enough to take us forwards next season, tactically inept etc.etc.

Whilst everyone should have an opinion, it’s become tiresome and in some cases without good reason in my opinion. For a number of years now every single Manager that has been brought on board, people have complained about them, if they don't complain about the Manager then we go on to slate either DOF or TF. Time for some stability and in all fairness we now need to make a pact to support our Club, our Team and our Management.

Yes the last 6 games prior to yesterday we have lost, but let’s just step back and analyse that; for me despite a few unlucky results by the odd-goal, where on a given day could have scored and those additional 1 points would have seen see us looking a lot prettier.

All bar 2 are in the Top 10, one are likely to be the Champions (Brighton) and another (Sheff Wed firmly in the top 6 & play-offs) Its really only a disappointing performances v Bristol City who were the only club among and around us that we could bemoan (who incidentally since 1st of this March have lost only 3 games, drawn 3 and won 6 so hardly a poor from side)

The 6 games we lost before we went on a run, was after a significant overhaul of a team (with some mercenaries or homesick players meaning there was a major upheaval not all of the managers want or wish) and a new manager wanting to instil a different formation, style and approach of playing (not easy mid-season but we should be applauded as with JFH and the style of football and confidence of the team, we were only going backwards anyway)

The international break came at the wrong time, we were playing well a rejuvenated side playing with heart passion and pride and some style (we’ve got our Rangers back etc…) but still we had the moaners.
              Post that break yes there were numerous changes to the team (some more enforced through injury so Ollie had to play different players and not always because we were tinkering or wanting to see who would be retained for next season or what he would need to bring in). Nevertheless there will have at least been a more considered thought by the Management that investment in certain areas is absolutely required as we don’t have enough quality in reserve.

However before the break the unbeaten run there were changes to the Team and Ollie in a number of interviews explained the rationale on selecting a team to nullify the threat or exploit the weaknesses of the opposition (based on the squad he had). He has also stated that this would not be what he wants to do moving forwards and was to have teams more worried about QPR rather than us worried about them.

Again for me this shows an astute manager because under the previous regimes there was often no plan B. At least we had a plan B with this manager. More importantly continuing an unbeaten run after the International Break may have given false dawn to the Board that investment in the team may not be required as much as we all know that is clearly required.

So in summary give Ian a chance, he is QPR at least, does care about the club and for me has started a wind of change.

And Finally - for all the Ollie naysayers, just a few comment on a few of the other Managers those some so clearly wanted or still want and have not had teams that have been as unsettled as ours per the above – So is the Grass always greener?

Warnock – Well we did his resurgent Cardiff side and since Feb 1st their stats hardly that brilliant compared to ours P16 W6 D5 L5 versus our form P17 W6 D2 L9
              Pearson – Still out of the game – If such a great Manager would have been back in by now – Also think he has a screw loose
              Clements – Swansea on the precipice after a bright start with him and also Sacked by Derby after one win in seven
              Redknap – Well have people forgotten what dross we played and always the same comments, plus some of the signings he made weren’t exalt inspiring
              Wahrburton – Well we have just done his team and they are below us and since he took over on 17th March 2W 2D L4
              Sherwood – Sacked at villa and now DOF/{Psuedo manager at Swindon – 3rd from bottom in League 1
              Why are you starting your Warnock comparison from 1st Feb? Why not choose from last 7 games or when Holloway became manager? Oh wait.....wouldn't justify your point!

Comment

Good post mate
                https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Of course we should get behind any manager we have and especially during games. However I can see no harm in people raising concerns about Ollie. No point going through your main points as it's been done to death on here and I have a different view to your take on the games we lost from what I have witnessed. However, monk and Warnock are i infinitely better managers than Ollie no matter how you dress it up.

Having said all that, I think manager on day 1 next season must still be in charge at end of season. We have had far too many mid season changes.

Comment

Originally posted by rickyranger View Post

Spot on, Holloway will be kept on because stupid Les knows no better but when we struggle next season (again),even stupid Les will realise we face another relegation battle with Holloway in charge.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                      Of course we should get behind any manager we have and especially during games. However I can see no harm in people raising concerns about Ollie. No point going through your main points as it's been done to death on here and I have a different view to your take on the games we lost from what I have witnessed. However, monk and Warnock are i infinitely better managers than Ollie no matter how you dress it up.

Having said all that, I think manager on day 1 next season must still be in charge at end of season. We have had far too many mid season changes.

Since how can you say monks a better manager than ollie lol, whats monk won as a manager?! Just cos he looks intelligent in his suit

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                        Since how can you say monks a better manager than ollie lol, whats monk won as a manager?! Just cos he looks intelligent in his suit
                        Taken Leeds to 7th and kept Swansea in premiership. During that time
                        Ollie got millwall relegated

Comment

Taken Leeds to 7th and kept Swansea in premiership. During that time
                          Ollie got millwall relegated
                          Haha forgot to mention getting little old blackpool promoted, crystal palace promoted, qpr promoted early in his career and a playoff final, just how that makes monk better i havnt a clue lol also monks had money at leeds and he carried on with the success with swansea that was built before he took over!

Comment

Haha forgot to mention getting little old blackpool promoted, crystal palace promoted, qpr promoted early in his career and a playoff final, just how that makes monk better i havnt a clue lol also monks had money at leeds and he carried on with the success with swansea that was built before he took over!
                            Good point...Ollies track record for promotion isn't bad.
                            Also folks actually use the fact that Ollie was a player and manager previously for us as a negative and worse to hit him over the head with in that he's a mate of SLF or he's an easy option. As you say Ollie's championship record regardless of his association with us isn't bad with promotions.

Instead some having a go that he's ex qpr, his knowledge of the club should be regarded as a positive attribute. Might be better managers out there than Ollie even with champions league/prem experience like Arry and Hughes but as we know what made them ineffective was their complete lack of understanding of our club. Hughes thought we were some type demonic love child of Seville and Man city while Arry just didn't know what we were (but to be fair to him what a day). The board clearly learnt lessons worked out that an odd club like ours is unique and hasn't got the infrastructure of majority of other prem/championship club and also the club of sparky and arry had become recognisable to many of us and thus the move towards SLF and progressing to Ollie.
                            Instead of being on the club's back about these appointments we should support them, they were done by way of goodwill and whatever anyone says Ollie and SLF have he club's interest at heart and that's important in today's world lets not row against this. Crowd yesterday fully backed Ollie and this summer the club must unite and I reckon we will be ok.

Comment

Well I think OP was and I certainly am looking at manager today and what has done recently otherwise good old harry lwould be a top choice (when we know he's crap). From what I've seen so far with us the 2nd time and given stint before sky at millwall, I'm not convinced and think some on that list are better for us today. I'm not hopeful for next season. You are. However, it doesn't mean I will not support team and him at games.

Comment

Well I think OP was and I certainly am looking at manager today and what has done recently otherwise good old harry lwould be a top choice (when we know he's crap). From what I've seen so far with us the 2nd time and given stint before sky at millwall, I'm not convinced and think some on that list are better for us today. I'm not hopeful for next season. You are. However, it doesn't mean I will not support team and him at games.

Sorry james but just cos of the millwall job doesnt mean ollies rubbish, also look at monks reign at the start at leeds, they were terrible and didnt they lose about 8 on the trot or something or didnt win for loads of games! As tblock put in his good post above ollies got us in his heart aswell and id take that over any other dud managers that could come here!

Comment

Working...
                                X