Supporting Ian Holloway for next Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
    How do you know that no one would of took him, sure i had heard he had offers but would only of considered taking the job on here as wasnt interested in anyone else! but how do you know he had no offers? interested to know!
    You only heard that from Holloway, who again was trying to big himself up as a rangers man to the fans.

To be honest not really bothered if you take my word for it or not, but where is the evidence he had other offers, who was he linked with? Wake up, look at his recent record, here and elsewhere only another disappointing year awaits, you will see

Comment

Pleased for PC - point at OT, the jacks could yet escape. And re his time at Derby, they were top six when he left and may of their fans were sorry to see him go.

Re the money - I've said all along I'd sooner see the DoF sacked and lower staff levels to help cater for getting a real world gaffer in.

re Pinkie - Guardiola has nothing to do with this conversation. Just because managers are youngish and foreign doesn't mean they should be stereotyped in the crude way you're doing it. No dis but I was watching this lot when you were were still havng yerasswiped - same age as Big Sam, I've seen real gaffers come and go. The truth about Olly is that ranting and raving and sentiment are not enough, Leicester didn't depend on that last year - they played smart. Believe what you want, denial is a powerful thing.

Comment

Paul Clement, what a manager.
        They were one down and you could see him staring to the floor in total concentration on what to do next and what subs to use,
        He makes an excellent change and they,scored an equaliser and missed an absolute sitter in the last minute that should of won it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
          Pitch invasions last game have always gone on and even though things shouldnt of happened us needing to win, its a game that had a meaning, but dont understand it being bizarre as last home games are reknown for pitch invasions allover! and his substitutions werent bizarre as he was trying to be safer! if he had of carried on attacking and say forest scored he would of got slaughtered! again nothing bizarre about that!
          They were bizarre, Smith was being very useful in defence at set pieces and corners at which there were plenty in last 20 mins. We had no one to hold the ball up, Mackie chases but doesn't hold the ball up and we had no outlet and it invited pressure on to us and had Smithies not made 3 very good saves, we would have been in trouble. The players gave their all yesterday but we sat far too deep after going 2-0 up.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
            Have backed him all season. Silly appointment tbh, but I was just pleased that horrid Jimmy had gone. Will back him if he stays, naturally, but he's been terrible the past seven games. And his substitutions were dreadful yesterday; just dreadful. He weakened the team, rather than strengthened it. I want him to do well, I really do. I just don't think he's up to the job.
            Couldn't of put it better myself. Didn't want him appointed in the first place, it happened. So I've backed him until we went on another 6 game losing streak. He's almost taken us down. Tbh if he was here from the start I think we would of went down, that's my honest opinion. That's why I fear for next season. He's a seasoned manager and still making strange subs and changes to the starting 11 which makes me think he's never going to change. The football hasn't got better bar a few good away counter attacking performances. Like 77 said I'd love it if Ollie succeeded here but his record speaks for itself.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
              Pleased for PC - point at OT, the jacks could yet escape. And re his time at Derby, they were top six when he left and may of their fans were sorry to see him go.

Re the money - I've said all along I'd sooner see the DoF sacked and lower staff levels to help cater for getting a real world gaffer in.

re Pinkie - Guardiola has nothing to do with this conversation. Just because managers are youngish and foreign doesn't mean they should be stereotyped in the crude way you're doing it. No dis but I was watching this lot when you were were still havng yerasswiped - same age as Big Sam, I've seen real gaffers come and go. The truth about Olly is that ranting and raving and sentiment are not enough, Leicester didn't depend on that last year - they played smart. Believe what you want, denial is a powerful thing.
              Haha yer ass wiped lol, you are trying to make out ollies got no idea about the so called modern game and tactics, a load of rubbish hal & im 48 and have seen them all aswell, used guardiola as a example of a so called super manager tactician with all the riches in the world! and ofcourse when a team like leicesters acheived what they have its smart, its hardly dumb is it now lol....another thing thats cracking me up with this hes not good enough tactically, we`re in the championship not the premier league, its not rocket science this football malarky, its about getting the right players with the right attitudes and the manager all working on the same plane!
              Last edited by Pinkie; 30-04-2017, 02:30 PM.
              http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Have backed him all season. Silly appointment tbh, but I was just pleased that horrid Jimmy had gone. Will back him if he stays, naturally, but he's been terrible the past seven games. And his substitutions were dreadful yesterday; just dreadful. He weakened the team, rather than strengthened it. I want him to do well, I really do. I just don't think he's up to the job.
                Serious question here, but why you saying that you would back ollie whos teribble but not jfh who was less terrible?

Comment

You really are banging on about these subs, I haven't watched the match yet and maybe my opinion will change after I do so but a couple of things: Forest made a triple substitution and went all out attack with 3 at the back, Ollie brought Mackie on for Washington shortly after that which to me could make sense, CW was probably gassed and you know you're going to get a lot of running and chasing out of Mackie! I probably would have considered a more defensive change but Furlong was the only option on the bench, Smith probably should have stayed on the pitch just for his height in defending corners but once again who knows what his fitness was at that point and N'Gbakoto should have been ready to run! Doughty for Freeman in the last 8 minutes, I'll have to see how that worked when I watch it!
                  @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
                    You only heard that from Holloway, who again was trying to big himself up as a rangers man to the fans.

To be honest not really bothered if you take my word for it or not, but where is the evidence he had other offers, who was he linked with? Wake up, look at his recent record, here and elsewhere only another disappointing year awaits, you will see
                    Youre the one rick saying no one else wanted him, ive only said what ive heard but arent using that for anything apart from what ive heard, but youre saying it as if its fact no one wanted him! when you havnt any facts
                    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                      Serious question here, but why you saying that you would back ollie whos teribble but not jfh who was less terrible?
                      I think Jimmy is the worst manager I've seen at the Rs in forty years. Bar none. I couldn't care less about his stats, tbh, because the football his team played was total and utter s hite, Kev. He's a crook to boot. And an unlikable dullard. Ollie's a nice guy. I want, as I say, him to do well.

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
                        You really are banging on about these subs, I haven't watched the match yet and maybe my opinion will change after I do so but a couple of things: Forest made a triple substitution and went all out attack with 3 at the back, Ollie brought Mackie on for Washington shortly after that which to me could make sense, CW was probably gassed and you know you're going to get a lot of running and chasing out of Mackie! I probably would have considered a more defensive change but Furlong was the only option on the bench, Smith probably should have stayed on the pitch just for his height in defending corners but once again who knows what his fitness was at that point and N'Gbakoto should have been ready to run! Doughty for Freeman in the last 8 minutes, I'll have to see how that worked when I watch it!
                        Fair point about the Forest subs. Plus they know they needed to get something, so they clearly raised their game and went for it. We parked the bus. They stepped up, we didn't. We didn't park the bus well. But we won handily in the end. Had they nicked one, mind, we'd have fallen to pieces..... Take a look and you might think I've a point even if I've been banging on about it.

Comment

Fair point about the Forest subs. Plus they know they needed to get something, so they clearly raised their game and went for it. We parked the bus. They stepped up, we didn't. We didn't park the bus well. But we won handily in the end. Had they nicked one, mind, we'd have fallen to pieces..... Take a look and you might think I've a point even if I've been banging on about it.
                          I will do, Cheers!
                          @gatorTFC

Comment

I think Jimmy is the worst manager I've seen at the Rs in forty years. Bar none. I couldn't care less about his stats, tbh, because the football his team played was total and utter s hite, Kev. He's a crook to boot. And an unlikable dullard. Ollie's a nice guy. I want, as I say, him to do well.
                            Fair enough. I wondered why and you've answered me perfectly mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                              Fair enough. I wondered why and you've answered me perfectly mate.
                              I bang on about Jimmy, I know......

Comment

My sentiments also.
                                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                                X