Supporting Ian Holloway for next Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
    Couldnt have been put better van! honestly tarbs the most outrageous comment comparing a manager whos won promotions with small clubs and built them up compared to someone who hasnt hardly managed and especially at any level, yet youre christing it on a bike to me lololol
    Ain't being funny mate but Ollie has got just as many relegation's on his CV as he has promotions. He also has a frankly embarrassing win ratio across his last 2 managerial jobs and my Millwall mates refer to him as their worst manager ever.

By contrast, Paul Clement has worked as a Coach or Assistant Manager at 4 of the biggest clubs in the world and learned his trade from world class managers like Guus Hiddink and Carlo Ancelotti. His win ratio has never at any point in his career dropped below 40%.

Surely you see where I'm coming from? Poles apart in terms of pedigree. 2 careers going in very different directions in my opinion!
    Last edited by Tarbie; 23-05-2017, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Couldnt have been put better van! honestly tarbs the most outrageous comment comparing a manager whos won promotions with small clubs and built them up compared to someone who hasnt hardly managed and especially at any level, yet youre christing it on a bike to me lololol
      Built up small clubs after promotion, just out of interest who was this small clubs ?

Comment

Originally posted by mrbourne21 View Post
        Built up small clubs after promotion, just out of interest who was this small clubs ?
        Blackpool for one who werent going anywhere til ollie took them up! even though blackpools a old first division club yonks ago
        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
          Ain't being funny mate but Ollie has got just as many relegation's on his CV as he has promotions. He also has a frankly embarrassing win ratio across his last 2 managerial jobs and my Millwall mates refer to him as their worst manager ever.

By contrast, Paul Clement has worked as a Coach or Assistant Manager at 4 of the biggest clubs in the world and learned his trade from world class managers like Guus Hiddink and Carlo Ancelotti. His win ratio has never at any point in his career dropped below 40%.

Surely you see where I'm coming from? Poles apart in terms of pedigree. 2 careers going in very different directions in my opinion!
          Sorry tarbs but that is still not a comparrison watching other managers, almost the same as ex players who played under great managers would make great managers themselves! point is there is no comparrison cos he hasnt acheived anything as a manager whereas ollie has! and again these so called big names youve come out with were working with completely different types of players compared to what ollies worked with! get those so called big name managers down in the lower leagues and they certainly wouldnt be so big then, but thats a different thing!

Comment

Sorry tarbs but that is still not a comparrison watching other managers, almost the same as ex players who played under great managers would make great managers themselves! point is there is no comparrison cos he hasnt acheived anything as a manager whereas ollie has! and again these so called big names youve come out with were working with completely different types of players compared to what ollies worked with! get those so called big name managers down in the lower leagues and they certainly wouldnt be so big then, but thats a different thing!
            Agree to disagree mate.

As I say, I've said enough on Holloway anyway. See what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
              Agree to disagree mate.

As I say, I've said enough on Holloway anyway. See what happens.
              Fair enough and non of us know hows its going to go.

Comment

Blackpool for one who werent going anywhere til ollie took them up! even though blackpools a old first division club yonks ago

But you said clubs so who else , yes Blackpool was his 5 minutes of fame and it lucky for us he never hardly mentions it

Comment

Originally posted by mrbourne21 View Post
                  But you said clubs so who else , yes Blackpool was his 5 minutes of fame and it lucky for us he never hardly mentions it
                  And obviously crystal pal which obviously arent that small, but hes done well with us bringing us back up but i wont go there as no doubt youll have something else to go at

Comment

So is JFH a better manager as he got a title too his name ?

Comment

• Originally posted by mrbourne21 View Post
                      So is JFH a better manager as he got a title too his name ?
                      Boring me now mr bourne lol, what with a team that was built up by rowett and someone else?! and in the old 4th division! and managed just burton, if you think he was a great manager and a tactical genius thats great lol parking the bus and never changing that doesnt do a great deal for me thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                        And obviously crystal pal which obviously arent that small, but hes done well with us bringing us back up but i wont go there as no doubt youll have something else to go at
                        Crystal Palace aghhh yes would that be the building of a club that was on a 12match unbeaten record when he took over and was top of the league that then only won 10 of the next 24 with 10 match winless streak involved and scrapping into the playoffs then built the club up the following season by resigning 5 games in

Yes built that up well

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                          Boring me now mr bourne lol, what with a team that was built up by rowett and someone else?! and in the old 4th division! and managed just burton, if you think he was a great manager and a tactical genius thats great lol parking the bus and never changing that doesnt do a great deal for me thanks!
                          But the Crystal Palace team was built by Dougie Freedman that got promoted so doesn't the same thing apply here ?

Comment

Crystal Palace aghhh yes would that be the building of a club that was on a 12match unbeaten record when he took over and was top of the league that then only won 10 of the next 24 with 10 match winless streak involved and scrapping into the playoffs then built the club up the following season by resigning 5 games in

Yes built that up well
                            Honestly i wish you well with all the other moaners that you were all correct about ollie, who hasnt got a clue how to manage a club and a complete failure & fails miserably and hopefully for you and others gets fired exactly on 10 games! think that would make a few of yoours day by the way you all go on! fingers crossed we start superb and show what we and ollie can do!

Comment

But the Crystal Palace team was built by Dougie Freedman that got promoted so doesn't the same thing apply here ?
                              Ok first thing it was league two ( old division 3) so you say parking the bus and not changing didn't do a great deal correct , but obviously losing sheds loads of games and not having a clue does .

Comment

Honestly i wish you well with all the other moaners that you were all correct about ollie, who hasnt got a clue how to manage a club and a complete failure & fails miserably and hopefully for you and others gets fired exactly on 10 games! think that would make a few of yoours day by the way you all go on! fingers crossed we start superb and show what we and ollie can do!
                                This is a honest question how many of the Holloway games did you go too home and away ?

And why do you hold him in such high esteem?

Comment

Working...
                                X