Supporting Ian Holloway for next Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supporting Ian Holloway for next Season

All these posters on here slating Holloway, needs to be sacked, not good enough to keep us up, not good enough to take us forwards next season, tactically inept etc.etc.

Whilst everyone should have an opinion, it’s become tiresome and in some cases without good reason in my opinion. For a number of years now every single Manager that has been brought on board, people have complained about them, if they don't complain about the Manager then we go on to slate either DOF or TF. Time for some stability and in all fairness we now need to make a pact to support our Club, our Team and our Management.

Yes the last 6 games prior to yesterday we have lost, but let’s just step back and analyse that; for me despite a few unlucky results by the odd-goal, where on a given day could have scored and those additional 1 points would have seen see us looking a lot prettier.

All bar 2 are in the Top 10, one are likely to be the Champions (Brighton) and another (Sheff Wed firmly in the top 6 & play-offs) Its really only a disappointing performances v Bristol City who were the only club among and around us that we could bemoan (who incidentally since 1st of this March have lost only 3 games, drawn 3 and won 6 so hardly a poor from side)

The 6 games we lost before we went on a run, was after a significant overhaul of a team (with some mercenaries or homesick players meaning there was a major upheaval not all of the managers want or wish) and a new manager wanting to instil a different formation, style and approach of playing (not easy mid-season but we should be applauded as with JFH and the style of football and confidence of the team, we were only going backwards anyway)

The international break came at the wrong time, we were playing well a rejuvenated side playing with heart passion and pride and some style (we’ve got our Rangers back etc…) but still we had the moaners.
    Post that break yes there were numerous changes to the team (some more enforced through injury so Ollie had to play different players and not always because we were tinkering or wanting to see who would be retained for next season or what he would need to bring in). Nevertheless there will have at least been a more considered thought by the Management that investment in certain areas is absolutely required as we don’t have enough quality in reserve.

However before the break the unbeaten run there were changes to the Team and Ollie in a number of interviews explained the rationale on selecting a team to nullify the threat or exploit the weaknesses of the opposition (based on the squad he had). He has also stated that this would not be what he wants to do moving forwards and was to have teams more worried about QPR rather than us worried about them.

Again for me this shows an astute manager because under the previous regimes there was often no plan B. At least we had a plan B with this manager. More importantly continuing an unbeaten run after the International Break may have given false dawn to the Board that investment in the team may not be required as much as we all know that is clearly required.

So in summary give Ian a chance, he is QPR at least, does care about the club and for me has started a wind of change.

And Finally - for all the Ollie naysayers, just a few comment on a few of the other Managers those some so clearly wanted or still want and have not had teams that have been as unsettled as ours per the above – So is the Grass always greener?

Warnock – Well we did his resurgent Cardiff side and since Feb 1st their stats hardly that brilliant compared to ours P16 W6 D5 L5 versus our form P17 W6 D2 L9
    Pearson – Still out of the game – If such a great Manager would have been back in by now – Also think he has a screw loose
    Clements – Swansea on the precipice after a bright start with him and also Sacked by Derby after one win in seven
    Redknap – Well have people forgotten what dross we played and always the same comments, plus some of the signings he made weren’t exalt inspiring
    Wahrburton – Well we have just done his team and they are below us and since he took over on 17th March 2W 2D L4
    McClaren – Sacked from Derby Again and out of work
    Monk – Was never going to leave Leeds to join us.
    Sherwood – Sacked at villa and now DOF/{Psuedo manager at Swindon – 3rd from bottom in League 1
    Moyes – Relegated Sunderland without really putting up any sort of fight

if you had a choice out of that lot or holloway are you saying you would pick holloway?

#Nuts
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Fully agree with everything said, also ian had lesser quality players than even jimmy i believe so made big changes in not his first full season, but this thread will get the anti ollies supporters backs up, it doesnt take much lol

God help the owners of this board if ollie and the team do well next season as this place will be dead:
      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

FGhoop I would love Olly to be a success he is a Rangers man but we can't hide behind what has gone on. We have equalled our record number of home defeats in a season along with 2 sets of 6 game defeats on the spin. Olly will get 10 games next season and I hope we will be in Top 6 at the end of them but any other manager would be gone by now, Olly has got grace because of his connection with the club. Yesterday the substitutions were strange and invited Forest back into the game and Ollys response after Brentford was also strange and made me question him if he couldn't understand why the fans were upset. Fans are fickle as we know and yesterday's pitch invasion was a bit bizarre too but that's fans for you.

Comment

Been supporting Rs over 30 years and some of my fondest memories are from Ollie's first spell. However his second coming has in my opinion been one of the worst, if not the very worst, appointment in that period. He was brought in to get team back on track and challenging for promotion. Some people say now we have avoided relegation, by the skin of our teeth, he has done what he was brought in for this season. You really serious?

Has been dire. Look at the overall results. Board need to man up, get rid and get a proper manager in for next season. Other teams do it so about time we did. Ollie has had his time as a manager. No other Championship side would have taken him on and I doubt he would have got a League 1 job. Baffling appointment.

Love Ollie to bits for his first period but we can't afford to be sentimental.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
            FGhoop I would love Olly to be a success he is a Rangers man but we can't hide behind what has gone on. We have equalled our record number of home defeats in a season along with 2 sets of 6 game defeats on the spin. Olly will get 10 games next season and I hope we will be in Top 6 at the end of them but any other manager would be gone by now, Olly has got grace because of his connection with the club. Yesterday the substitutions were strange and invited Forest back into the game and Ollys response after Brentford was also strange and made me question him if he couldn't understand why the fans were upset. Fans are fickle as we know and yesterday's pitch invasion was a bit bizarre too but that's fans for you.

Pitch invasions last game have always gone on and even though things shouldnt of happened us needing to win, its a game that had a meaning, but dont understand it being bizarre as last home games are reknown for pitch invasions allover! and his substitutions werent bizarre as he was trying to be safer! if he had of carried on attacking and say forest scored he would of got slaughtered! again nothing bizarre about that!

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
              Been supporting Rs over 30 years and some of my fondest memories are from Ollie's first spell. However his second coming has in my opinion been one of the worst, if not the very worst, appointment in that period. He was brought in to get team back on track and challenging for promotion. Some people say now we have avoided relegation, by the skin of our teeth, he has done what he was brought in for this season. You really serious?

Has been dire. Look at the overall results. Board need to man up, get rid and get a proper manager in for next season. Other teams do it so about time we did. Ollie has had his time as a manager. No other Championship side would have taken him on and I doubt he would have got a League 1 job. Baffling appointment.

Love Ollie to bits for his first period but we can't afford to be sentimental.

Do you not remember when we was in our first season back in the 2nd division (old 3rd division) ollie going on that 12 game run without a win?! cant get much worse than that in a lower league aswell and look how things turned out the following seasons! cant say we`re as bad as that since he took over, nowhere near!

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                Do you not remember when we was in our first season back in the 2nd division (old 3rd division) ollie going on that 12 game run without a win?! cant get much worse than that in a lower league aswell and look how things turned out the following seasons! cant say we`re as bad as that since he took over, nowhere near!
                Yes I do but club was rank, verge of extinction, awful squad etc. Totally different this time. Half decent squad, stable ownership etc.

Comment

Re the OP - I never wanted Moyes anywhere near the place, not at ant time. There were people we should have been talking to, moving heaven and earth to get but at the end of the day Ollie was cheap. Plus TF knew a sentimental fanbase would he give him time of day.

But honestly he's stone age in terms of tactical thinking and approach and I'm not convinced the players buy into all the ranting and raving.

Tbf Ollie didn't appoint himself and we're still stuck with a DoF I wouldn't have running the local filling station. Pat Murphy - well experienced BBC midlands football correspondent - said something about Brum at the weekend which absolutely applies to us as well. You can have money and enthusiasm behind the scenes but if there's a football vacuum in the boardroom you're fvcked. He's right.

Comment

Sorry but if anyone seriously thinks Holloway and Bircham can take us forward, you really need to change sports. Whilst everyone is entitled to an opinion, why do you think he was commentating on Sky? Simple answer was no one, but no one, would take him as a manager. A poor appointment to keep on side a section of the fans who still live in the past and can't see beyond his ranting, mistaking it for passion.

If they stay only a bottom half/ relegation battle awaits and not sure the club in its current set up will survive that!

Comment

Results don't matter as long as Ollie is with us.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                        Re the OP - I never wanted Moyes anywhere near the place, not at ant time. There were people we should have been talking to, moving heaven and earth to get but at the end of the day Ollie was cheap. Plus TF knew a sentimental fanbase would he give him time of day.

But honestly he's stone age in terms of tactical thinking and approach and I'm not convinced the players buy into all the ranting and raving.

Tbf Ollie didn't appoint himself and we're still stuck with a DoF I wouldn't have running the local filling station. Pat Murphy - well experienced BBC midlands football correspondent - said something about Brum at the weekend which absolutely applies to us as well. You can have money and enthusiasm behind the scenes but if there's a football vacuum in the boardroom you're fvcked. He's right.

Haha hes stone age lol, makes me laugh all this footballs moved on rubbish, managers trying to be clever rubbish, look at guadioloa (however its spelt) ridiculas amount of monies worth of talent and how have they done this season, footballs a simple game trying to be made complicated by people like pep, yet leicester won the league keeping it simple but about balance shape and every player knowing his job and giving his all & the manager for getting that all to gel, thats what makes a great/good team especially when most teams havnt got the money the big teams have! what did i hear on the man utd v wba game last week by the commentator feeling for mourinho having quite a few injuries but still getting results lol, the most ridiculas comment with the wealth of the club and the standard of there reserve teams full of internationals, too much rubbis is spouted about these big teams and so called super managers when footballs a simple game really and most of these managers wouldnt turn us into anything special without spending millions! then not guaranteed!

Comment

Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
                          Sorry but if anyone seriously thinks Holloway and Bircham can take us forward, you really need to change sports. Whilst everyone is entitled to an opinion, why do you think he was commentating on Sky? Simple answer was no one, but no one, would take him as a manager. A poor appointment to keep on side a section of the fans who still live in the past and can't see beyond his ranting, mistaking it for passion.

If they stay only a bottom half/ relegation battle awaits and not sure the club in its current set up will survive that!
                          How do you know that no one would of took him, sure i had heard he had offers but would only of considered taking the job on here as wasnt interested in anyone else! but how do you know he had no offers? interested to know!

Comment

Have backed him all season. Silly appointment tbh, but I was just pleased that horrid Jimmy had gone. Will back him if he stays, naturally, but he's been terrible the past seven games. And his substitutions were dreadful yesterday; just dreadful. He weakened the team, rather than strengthened it. I want him to do well, I really do. I just don't think he's up to the job.

Comment

I agree with most of the OP, I am giving him a chance for next season, if it really goes wrong right from the beginning, which I don't think it will, he will probably be on a short leash! The international break did kill some momentum when we were in form and injuries and strength of schedule all contributed to our poor run of form IMHO, let's see what happens after an off season with him!
                              @gatorTFC

Comment

Working...
                              X