What Needs Doing This Summer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
    I can't take this idea of selling Smithies and Manning. These are two players which gave us hope and if we really wants to build something for the future, we must build around players of quality like these two. There are many players we can get rid of, however the players that showed class and commitment, surely are not the ones we can let go.
    On the flip side - are we now in danger of the likes of smithies/manning wanting out this summer...

Comment

Making deals to get rid of Perch, Lynch and Caulker would be a great start.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
        If you were Smithies, would you want to hang around?

Not being funny, but I think he's good enough to get a regular game bottom half of the Prem. He's gotta be looking at things here and thinking that he's not gonna be seeing the top flight with us any time soon. If an offer comes in, he'll go, I'm sure of it!
        He was happy to sign an extension a few months ago. And its not a question of being in his position, its a question what is best for the club. He looks happy atm. Granted that if a Premier team comes knocking and offer good money the club may be tempted to sell. But the way this discussion is taking shape gives the impression that most wants to get rid. Maybe that's the wrong culture of this club and that's why QPR will never grows to be a force. We must built on quality, and quality brings scouts from bigger clubs. However, quality atm is very rare and we have to make sure that the few we have will stay on to built something solid.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
          He was happy to sign an extension a few months ago. And its not a question of being in his position, its a question what is best for the club. He looks happy atm. Granted that if a Premier team comes knocking and offer good money the club may be tempted to sell. But the way this discussion is taking shape gives the impression that most wants to get rid. Maybe that's the wrong culture of this club and that's why QPR will never grows to be a force. We must built on quality, and quality brings scouts from bigger clubs. However, quality atm is very rare and we have to make sure that the few we have will stay on to built something solid.
          He was the one who saved us this year, so defintily a must keep..
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
            If you were Smithies, would you want to hang around?

Not being funny, but I think he's good enough to get a regular game bottom half of the Prem. He's gotta be looking at things here and thinking that he's not gonna be seeing the top flight with us any time soon. If an offer comes in, he'll go, I'm sure of it!
            Palace fans are not happy with Hennessy, a move there this Summer is my guess
            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
            This morning's tempest I have to cross
            I must be guided without a stumble
            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

This. How many times did we hear the opposing players were left unmarked in our box this year? 1000 times or so? And given we had arguably the best goaltender in the Championship, what does it say when we had very few clean sheets all season? In American football, great defenses tend to create great champions. Suggest QPR build greatness from the back. DO NOT let Smithies go. Need him to captain that defence.

Originally posted by Shania View Post
              One thing which needs doing is to find out why the defence is so poor. It clearly lacks stability.

Comment

Makes me laugh that we really could do with a commanding centre back and a deep-lying creative midfielder. Anybody heard of Clint Hill and Alejandro Faurlin?

Comment

Working...
                X