What Needs Doing This Summer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norfolk ranger View Post
    Will be interesting to see if Eze and oteh get some game time pre season,both done very well for u23. Definitely need 2 new full backs,defensive midfielder and a goal scorer,going to be hard to improve the squad tho as transfer budget is going to be minimal.
    I would give one of them a start on Sunday.
    Have them playing with sylla upfront.
    Also give Ingram a game
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Right back, centre half and a nasty barst@rd of a central midfielder for me. New captain would be nice too. If we can't keep Lua Lua then possibly another attacking option too.

Comment

Anyone else keep reading this thread title as "What Ned's doing this summer?" ok...just me then

Comment

Interesting that some think we can can sell Smithies and Ingram will step in no problem. How many points did Smithies save us this year? Big boots to fill. He may be highly rated but has not proved it beyond lge 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
            Interesting that some think we can can sell Smithies and Ingram will step in no problem. How many points did Smithies save us this year? Big boots to fill. He may be highly rated but has not proved it beyond lge 2.
            He'd fit right in!

Comment

Anyone else keep reading this thread title as "What Ned's doing this summer?" ok...just me then
              No, I did aswell
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

I suppose some people are just being realistic in that if a big offer is received the club would probably find it difficult to turn down.

I think we've seen enough from Ingram to know he at least deserves a chance to step in should smithies depart

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                  I would give one of them a start on Sunday.
                  Have them playing with sylla upfront.
                  Also give Ingram a game
                  none of that was ever gonna happen sadly, Ollie talks up the kids but even in a meaningless fixture wont start them.

Re Sylla, he isn't injured. Ollie lost him.

Comment

I wish we could just go out and buy someone like Wells or Assombalonga. Would have to spend a bit more money, but you would know what you're getting

Comment

Originally posted by Superranger View Post
                      I wish we could just go out and buy someone like Wells or Assombalonga. Would have to spend a bit more money, but you would know what you're getting
                      We already have a decent striker in sylla. 10 goals from 14 starts.

Problem is he does not laugh when the manager cracks a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Superranger View Post
                        The players are not the problem

Comment

Sacking ollie is the most important thing that needs doing

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                            Sacking ollie is the most important thing that needs doing
                            BANG on

Comment

I can't take this idea of selling Smithies and Manning. These are two players which gave us hope and if we really wants to build something for the future, we must build around players of quality like these two. There are many players we can get rid of, however the players that showed class and commitment, surely are not the ones we can let go.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                                I can't take this idea of selling Smithies and Manning. These are two players which gave us hope and if we really wants to build something for the future, we must build around players of quality like these two. There are many players we can get rid of, however the players that showed class and commitment, surely are not the ones we can let go.
                                If you were Smithies, would you want to hang around?

Not being funny, but I think he's good enough to get a regular game bottom half of the Prem. He's gotta be looking at things here and thinking that he's not gonna be seeing the top flight with us any time soon. If an offer comes in, he'll go, I'm sure of it!

Comment

Working...
                                X