Atmosphere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    Thought they were s hite and worst numbers they I can remember them taking especially given their position in table
    To be fair to Forest they were only given 1800 and sold out, they asked for bottom tier and were refused, seeing the knobs goading Forest from the safety of the pitch yesterday probably the right move, however club should have tried via discounted tickets to get Rangers fans n there.

Comment

atmo goes 2 ways if the fans see the team up and at it , then they usually respond . i had this '' pastie''sat in front of me yesterday that complained for the whole of the 1st half and kept cracking bad jokes and insults , thankfully he never came back after H/T.

Comment

The crowd sounded quite good on Player yesterday albeit a little nervous, for the life of me I can't understand why the Family Section would be behind the goal, that takes away an advantage most clubs in the world use!
        @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
          Morning Van I wasn't critising the loft it's a lack of noise all over the ground mate.

Geezer just ####ed my chain when I was making an observation

They were very noisy from w block until we scored
          know what you mean mate, need the old loft back. Seating has ducked atmosphere at most stadiums
          Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

The price is so expensive it puts the younger fans off. When I was 20 I wouldn't have 600 odd to spend on footy. I think QPR should lower prices for sub 24 year olds and that will help improve the atmosphere. Plus sort out the stewards as in x block people get chucked out for doing nothing. We need more fans standing as well. That helps improve the atmosphere. We only have a tiny standing section.

Comment

Gers back in the day northolt had seven hundred of which 100 were qpr thats just ther firm but on a saturday at 20 to 3 there would be three hundred qpr some were just old ###xxs but many sang so you would have three carriages singers
              but as the train travelled to qpr people got on the train from every station and at white city there would be two hundred singers walking down to loftus road
              as we got to the springbok three hundred would be waiting for us and we would all march to the loft end the singing was deafening
              Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Is this just a QPR problem? I hear fans of many clubs complaining that the atmosphere at home games has changed.

The problem comes down to money in football in my opinion. Players have such high expectations, which in turn (aside from the Elite clubs who make Champions League every season) leaves clubs out of pocket unless they charge exorbitant prices to their fans. The match day experience from a club perspective is now more about filling C Club and enticing corporate clients, as well as justifying 35 quid tickets for everyone else.

Basically, this no longer a working mans sport. A far higher percentage of those in the ground would rather sit and applaud politely than sink 6 pints before the game and sing their heart out. Sorry for the stereotypes but in my opinion it's true.

As a club, we could try and go against it by lowering match ticket prices and running promotions. But then, we'd also all be complaining if we stopped attracting players good enough to compete!
                Last edited by Tarbie; 03-05-2017, 10:41 AM.

Comment

I look at Palace and they have a wicked atmosphere home and away. Their fans were going nuts at Chelsea and at home they don't shut up.

They never use to be like that, but they made a consious effort to make it happen and to group a large chunk of the support together. If one section makes enough noise, more of the ground will join in. ATM, R block is too quiet depsite their best efforts for the other stands to hear and join in. Get everyone in R block, standing and chanting and then the rest of the ground will follow.

Or get Xblock as an unofficial standing section and then they can banter the away end.

Comment

Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post
                    I look at Palace and they have a wicked atmosphere home and away. Their fans were going nuts at Chelsea and at home they don't shut up.

They never use to be like that, but they made a consious effort to make it happen and to group a large chunk of the support together. If one section makes enough noise, more of the ground will join in. ATM, R block is too quiet depsite their best efforts for the other stands to hear and join in. Get everyone in R block, standing and chanting and then the rest of the ground will follow.

Or get Xblock as an unofficial standing section and then they can banter the away end.
                    The whole "Palace Ultras" things is a bit embarrassing though isn't it? All dressed in black and that?!!

Wouldn't want us to adopt something as cringey as that. Even if it did generate a bit of noise!

Comment

I don't mean doing the whole ultra thing, but the noise and congregating together part; why not?

Comment

Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post
                        I don't mean doing the whole ultra thing, but the noise and congregating together part; why not?
                        Used to always be that P, Q and R block used to be where the noisy lot were. I also used to sit at the back of R block (although we rarely sat down) and the singing was brilliant most weeks.

I'd be behind the adoption of Safe Standing at Loftus Road and I think it would help. Not 100% that the football league has allowed it at Championship level yet though?!!

Comment

It hasn't yet. Probably won't be for another few years yet anyway, so much red tape around it.

Comment

I thought the atmosphere on Saturday was probably the best we've had all season, which isn't saying much, because home atmosphere is non-existant these days.
                            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                            Pawel Wszolek - 6
                            Luke Freeman - 6
                            Matt Smith - 6
                            Ebere Eze - 4
                            Joel Lynch - 3
                            Tomer Hemed - 3
                            Toni Leistner - 2
                            Massimo Luongo- 2
                            Angel Rangel - 2
                            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                            Geoff Cameron - 1
                            Aramide Oteh - 1
                            Jake Bidwell - 1
                            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

It seems that the atmosphere was ok on Saturday but because I was in w block I could not hear this at all.
                              It is also apparent that the loft could not hear the forest fans who from w block were very load indeed.
                              This shows that the view of the atmosphere depends on where you sit for the match in the ground and can dictate your you match day experience.
                              Hopefully I'll be back in R block soon which is normally a good crack and noisy

Comment

Here ya go!

Comment

Working...
                                X