Captain's Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
    Thought Vaughan was good. Constantly available to move the ball on and rarely wasted a pass. If he can tackle could be the CDM we are looking for.
    Worked Holloway before at Blackpool??

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
      Thought Vaughan was good. Constantly available to move the ball on and rarely wasted a pass. If he can tackle could be the CDM we are looking for.
      Getting on a bit though isn't he?
      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
      Pawel Wszolek - 6
      Luke Freeman - 6
      Matt Smith - 6
      Ebere Eze - 4
      Joel Lynch - 3
      Tomer Hemed - 3
      Toni Leistner - 2
      Massimo Luongo- 2
      Angel Rangel - 2
      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
      Geoff Cameron - 1
      Aramide Oteh - 1
      Jake Bidwell - 1
      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

I think ned's played fairly well this second half of the season.

However I think people are forgetting just how many times this season of it wasn't for Smithies we could of lost by 3,4 or 5 goals on a few occasions. Our defence has been woeful and cost us numerous points with many individual errors.

Ned on his day can be an absolute beast but that happened once every few games. Been a great server and I'd keep him as a squad player but ideally if we got 3-5 mill offer I'd move him on and go and get a new cb who can partner Hall.

Our defence needs major surgery and Ned isn't consistent enough for my liking.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post

However I think people are forgetting just how many times this season of it wasn't for Smithies we could of lost by 3,4 or 5 goals on a few occasions. Our defence has been woeful and cost us numerous points with many individual errors.

Ned on his day can be an absolute beast but that happened once every few games. Been a great server and I'd keep him as a squad player but ideally if we got 3-5 mill offer I'd move him on and go and get a new cb who can partner Hall.

Yeah but he was brilliant against Forest. The rest don't matter.

As for building a side round him I think we have. And it's still not working. Can't fault his effort but I think it's time for Ohouha and a few others to be moved on IMO.
          C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

This

Comment

Cracking post and well said sir
              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Ok for those saying he's cost goals are you oblivious to fact Hall and Lynch have costs us more

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                  Ok for those saying he's cost goals are you oblivious to fact Hall and Lynch have costs us more
                  He's costing us over 30k a week west. Hand on heart he is pretty ordinary for that kind of salary. Yes occasionally looks great but consistency will never be part of his game

Comment

And you can't say we're all wrong. Only seen you and Matty raving about him. If he wasn't constantly put down you wouldn't be lording him up

Comment

Finally. In the 45th game of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                        And you can't say we're all wrong. Only seen you and Matty raving about him. If he wasn't constantly put down you wouldn't be lording him up

Me too... and he definitely hasn't made as many mistakes as Lynch and Hall. He's Hall's sweeper, it's why his mistakes are more visible...
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Under Holloway hall's barely been deployed as a cb.

However the truth of the matter is Hall, lynch and Ned have all been inconsistent this year in their performances hence our struggles. I remember far to many games whatever the partnership between them 3, opposition teams have absolutely ripped us open.

The reason I'd move on Ned is one his name and stature in the game probably means we can still get a decent fee for him which could be reinvested on a new cb not to mention he earns 30k a week. It's a good time to refresh that position and with Ned getting on in age let's get a decent fee now.

I still think Hall is a class cb who needs to play cb week in week out. We just need to invest in someone who compliments him.
                          Lynch imo had some decent games during the season and equally had a few poor. I'd keep him as a squad player as he can cover lb as well. Imo lynch is a mid table champ defender and worth keeping.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            So many are keen to knock him but Ned was outstanding yesterday. Put his body on the line, blocked shots, played with the ball, brought it out, directed the back four done absolutely everything people say he does not.

Arguably one of the best individual performances I have seen from any of our players this season. The last six games we have questioned the teams heart and motivation and the captain stepped up pushed his chest out and I think brought others with him.

Build the defence around him, Hall and Smithies. Get a proper defensive midfielder to shield them and I think we would be pretty solid.

Well done Chief MOTM
                            1000% agree. A true captain's performance. Even after he got a yellow early on he was superb. Well done Ned
                            My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                              He's costing us over 30k a week west. Hand on heart he is pretty ordinary for that kind of salary. Yes occasionally looks great but consistency will never be part of his game
                              Have to agree with that

Comment

Isn't that what goalkeepers are for?

I'm on the side that thinks Onuoha is an excellent player at this level and I'm mystified by how much flak he gets. Far more than he deserves IMO.
                                Last edited by Hubble; 02-05-2017, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X