No announcement yet.

Captain's Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He played ok , never pulled up any trees , smithies was the difference some wonderful saves

Comment

Some of the later comments

Haters gonna hate

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post

Haters gonna hate
        I don't hate the bloke. He just ain't that good

Comment

Ned's problem isn't with defending, it's what he does with the ball after that has cost us a goal on a number of occasions. Play-off final at Wembley was his finest moment - creating the situation that led to the sending off all by himself

Comment

Ned is the only person I can see as the captain of this club, while representing what we want from our players. He plays with effort and commitment every game and yes, he has made mistakes, but so has everyone around him. He's a leader, he's a role model for the youngsters and he's a respected person at the club.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
              yep, well done ned on your one great game. lets give him a new four year contract and pay rise.
              One great game ?
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

He really had a great match and as the OP suggest he was a leader on the pitch, he made 2 possible goal saving tackles shortly after his early Yellow Card, he had great discipline the remainder of the match!
                @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post

Haters gonna hate
                  Works both ways mate. You're a big fan and some are not. Great to hear he had a good game, that can only benefit all of us. His 1st touch is a weakness and always looks like he rushed for time. He will always be great sometimes and poor others. Forest are hardly gonna stretch you but fair play happy he did well. Would I keep paying him 35k a week, no I would look for a new centre half at that outlay
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                    Works both ways mate. You're a big fan and some are not. Great to hear he had a good game, that can only benefit all of us. His 1st touch is a weakness and always looks like he rushed for time. He will always be great sometimes and poor others. Forest are hardly gonna stretch you but fair play happy he did well. Would I keep paying him 35k a week, no I would look for a new centre half at that outlay
                    I gotta just say that offensively, forest just got Assombalonga back into the starting 11 recently and he'd just scored 2 against Reading a week prior. Let's not undervalue the threat he poses in general. Ned did fantastically to silence him and make him look so much worse than he is.

Which actually leads me onto the point that if Forest get relegated, would anyone take any of their players? I'm looking at assombalonga, Osborn, Clough etc and thinking that we could make them good.
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                      I gotta just say that offensively, forest just got Assombalonga back into the starting 11 recently and he'd just scored 2 against Reading a week prior. Let's not undervalue the threat he poses in general. Ned did fantastically to silence him and make him look so much worse than he is.

Which actually leads me onto the point that if Forest get relegated, would anyone take any of their players? I'm looking at assombalonga, Osborn, Clough etc and thinking that we could make them good.
                      Assombalonga would be a great signing. And that number 18 that roasted Perch all game.
                      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                      Pawel Wszolek - 6
                      Luke Freeman - 6
                      Matt Smith - 6
                      Ebere Eze - 4
                      Joel Lynch - 3
                      Tomer Hemed - 3
                      Toni Leistner - 2
                      Massimo Luongo- 2
                      Angel Rangel - 2
                      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                      Geoff Cameron - 1
                      Aramide Oteh - 1
                      Jake Bidwell - 1
                      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                        if Forest get relegated, would anyone take any of their players? I'm looking at assombalonga, Osborn, Clough etc and thinking that we could make them good.
                        Cash and Vaughan possibly too, and the player on the wing who ran rings round Perch in the first half.

Comment

The number 18 is in fact Mustapha Carayol, He's good running with the ball but doesn't really have much end product to be honest. Had a great game by all accounts on Saturday mind you. Could be good back up to Yeni, Wszolek, Lua Lua (If we get him on a perm).

Comment

I thought Cohen kept it nice and simple and the ball moving forwards

Comment

Last game was the first time in England, and first time at Loftus Road (thanks to MYU). Based on what I saw first half, what made Ned's performance so good was that Perch continuously left him and Luongo exposed to their pacey left winger. But also, for spells when the team couldn't string 3 passes together, he constantly went to ground and got a crucial toe to the ball to break up their counter-attacks. Smithies probably gets MOTM for me though

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                                Cash and Vaughan possibly too, and the player on the wing who ran rings round Perch in the first half.
                                Thought Vaughan was good. Constantly available to move the ball on and rarely wasted a pass. If he can tackle could be the CDM we are looking for.

Comment

Working...
                                X